John Forester's 1955 Viking "Tour of Britain"

Old May 23rd 06, 01:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default John Forester's 1955 Viking "Tour of Britain"

I met John Forester this past weekend in San Diego and I took some pictures of
his 1955 Viking, his Cycle Fitments saddlebag, and a placard on his downtube
indicating a strong finish in the June 1969 Los Angeles Wheelmen Double
Century.

Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bikeboo...7594142632101/

Forester Primer:
http://www.johnforester.com/History.pdf

----
Lars Lehtonen
http://calendar.bikeboom.com
Old May 23rd 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

That's just fredly-cool. Somehow an appropriate mount for Mr.
Effective Cycling. I note with some interest the presence of
LOOK-style clipless pedals, though.

Old May 23rd 06, 07:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

According to :
That's just fredly-cool. Somehow an appropriate mount for Mr.
Effective Cycling. I note with some interest the presence of
LOOK-style clipless pedals, though.

Not particularly emphasized in the photos is the combo of pretty new XT cranks
and derailleur.

---
Lars Lehtonen