Triple Crown Fork

Old March 31st 07, 05:39 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Dave

Default Triple Crown Fork

I'm in the process of buying a new bike. I'm looking at the Specialized
Enduro. It has a triple crown fork. I currently have a single crown? -
I have a cheap Trek. Anyway, I was watching WestCoast Freeriding and
they had this video with Ryan Leach doing amazing stuff. In once scene,
he was cruising down this single track, he pulled a wheelie with his
back wheel, whipped the tail 180 degrees and then started pedaling again
in the opposite direction (so basically an instant reverse of
direction). Can this be done with a triple crown fork? I noticed he
didn't have one...

Thx
Dave
Old March 31st 07, 06:20 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Mar 30, 10:39 pm, Dave wrote:
I'm in the process of buying a new bike. I'm looking at the Specialized
Enduro. It has a triple crown fork.

If it has as a triple clamp fork, then it is an Enduro SL not an
Enduro. They are both "All Mountain" bikes, but the SL is
significantly lighter both in weight, and construction. The SL is not
a freeride bike, and the E150 Future Shock is quite possibly the
lightest duty triple clamp fork out there. The SL's fill the gap
between the "trail bike" (Stumpjumper) and the freeride/Super D SX/SX
Trail, by sliding closer to the Stupjumper end. On the other hand the
Enduro slides more towards the SX end of the scale.

I currently have a single crown? -
I have a cheap Trek. Anyway, I was watching WestCoast Freeriding and
they had this video with Ryan Leach doing amazing stuff. In once scene,
he was cruising down this single track, he pulled a wheelie with his
back wheel, whipped the tail 180 degrees and then started pedaling again
in the opposite direction (so basically an instant reverse of
direction). Can this be done with a triple crown fork? I noticed he
didn't have one...

Ryan Leech ...probably
Craig Lee Scott ... probably
Vincent Hermance ... probably

Most riders ......

Old March 31st 07, 07:14 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
pete fagerlin

Dave wrote:
I'm in the process of buying a new bike. I'm looking at the Specialized
Enduro. It has a triple crown fork.

You do not have a triple crown fork.
Old March 31st 07, 03:02 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mark Hickey

Dave wrote:

I'm in the process of buying a new bike. I'm looking at the Specialized
Enduro. It has a triple crown fork. I currently have a single crown? -
I have a cheap Trek. Anyway, I was watching WestCoast Freeriding and
they had this video with Ryan Leach doing amazing stuff. In once scene,
he was cruising down this single track, he pulled a wheelie with his
back wheel, whipped the tail 180 degrees and then started pedaling again
in the opposite direction (so basically an instant reverse of
direction). Can this be done with a triple crown fork? I noticed he
didn't have one...

Doing that move has nothing to do with the crown of the fork and
everything to do with the skill of the rider. There are probably only
a few percent of riders out there with skills that exceed what their
bike is capable of.

IOW, don't worry about the lack of a triple crown fork holding your
riding skills hostage. ;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame
Old March 31st 07, 08:02 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
▀Slack⌂

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 12:54:24 -0700, Phil, Non-Squid
wrote:

Dave wrote:
I'm in the process of buying a new bike. I'm looking at the
Specialized Enduro. It has a triple crown fork. I currently have a
single crown? - I have a cheap Trek. Anyway, I was watching
WestCoast Freeriding and they had this video with Ryan Leach doing
amazing stuff. In once scene, he was cruising down this single
track, he pulled a wheelie with his back wheel, whipped the tail 180
degrees and then started pedaling again in the opposite direction (so
basically an instant reverse of direction). Can this be done with a
triple crown fork? I noticed he didn't have one...

You can do anything if you put your mind to it!

....unless your mind is mush http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9yFhyFN2nA
--
Slack

Old March 31st 07, 11:05 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Mar 31, 11:54 am, "Phil, Non-Squid"
wrote:
You can do anything if you put your mind to it!

Does that mean liberace will play a keyboard again if someone broke
every bone in his meathooks?

JD

Old April 1st 07, 05:01 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Dave

Thanks for everyone's responses. This is my question. Has anyone in
this group ever done a 180 tail whip with a triple crown?

And what do you feel is the limitations of turning with a triple crown
besides bar spins?

Dave

Old April 1st 07, 05:59 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
pete fagerlin

Dave wrote:
Thanks for everyone's responses. This is my question. Has anyone in
this group ever done a 180 tail whip with a triple crown?

And what do you feel is the limitations of turning with a triple crown
besides bar spins?

This biggest limitation of a triple crown fork is that you
can't buy one.
Old April 1st 07, 06:33 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Apr 1, 10:59 am, pete fagerlin wrote:
Dave wrote:
Thanks for everyone's responses. This is my question. Has anyone in
this group ever done a 180 tail whip with a triple crown?

And what do you feel is the limitations of turning with a triple crown
besides bar spins?

This biggest limitation of a triple crown fork is that you
can't buy one.

Second time?

It must really **** you off.

I always preferred triple tree, to "double crown" or "triple clamp."