Beginner question on bearings?

Old July 27th 07, 05:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
littleman

Default Beginner question on bearings?

I'm getting the Qu-Ax Splined hub with a Nimbus X 2007 CrMo 20-inch
Long-neck Frame. So the frame says it has 40mm bearing houses, but the
hub says the outer diameter of the bearing housing is 42mm. Does that
mean that pair of frame and hub won't work or do I have to buy
something to make it work? Also has anyone ever used any of these two
items, I'd like to hear your reviews please? Thanks, Joe.

--
littleman

Yes I do ride unicycles! Yes I am a freak!
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 27th 07, 06:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

there are few instances where they did not fit, when you order, tell
them what you want to do and they will tell you something like

its not made for it, but the tolerances on the bearing caps are not
that particular, don't worry about it. it will fit.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'my video!' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58465)
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 27th 07, 06:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

skrobo wrote:
its not made for it, but the tolerances on the bearing caps are not that
particular, don't worry about it. it will fit.

Thats not the case, the cromo Nimbus X frame has machined bearing
holders just like I said. It's very doubtful that the frame will fit
unless he goes with the street version I linked to. Frames such as the
Nimbus II and the old Nimbus X longneck are the ones which are not
particular and will fit either 40 or 42mm.

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.otherworldsociety.org/projectuni) - *The First
Serious Unicycle Computer Game* - -Simple multiplayer muni concept demo
soon.-*
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 27th 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
One on one

Listen to Brian O on this. If the bearing holders are machined, then
they will only fit the size bearings that they were designed for. Your
best bet, if you still have questions, is to talk to the people that
you are buying these items from.

--
One on one

"That's going to end up in somebody's sig." - rob.northcott

"one on one is happy, so am I!...." -CKCrowe
http://www.usenet.com