Driver helps silly cyclist

Old October 21st 19, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default Driver helps silly cyclist

A wellbeing assistant from St John’s Hospice in Lancaster was on hand to
help rescue a cyclist who suffered a heart attack on his way home to Hest
Bank.

Ken Woodburn, 72, a keen cyclist, was on his way home from a 50 mile cycle
ride with two friends when he had a heart attack only three miles from his
house.

Luckily for Ken, Louise Dixon, who works for St John’s Hospice, was driving
home from work, spotted Ken and his friends and immediately stopped to help.

Louise said: “I saw Ken by the side of the road and my heart leapt.

“I pulled some blankets from the car to keep him warm and stayed with him to
comfort him and keep him as relaxed as I could.

https://www.lep.co.uk/health/lancast...10060368Driver

Would a silly cyclist have blankets to cover up a injured car driver?
Or would the silly cyclist even have stopped to help?
We all know the answers.

Old October 22nd 19, 09:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 22/10/2019 09:06, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
[...]

“When they feed on a carcass, the slime pours out, covering the carcass
and preventing other scavengers from creeping in on their turf,” says
Thaler, CEO of environmental consulting firm Blackbeard Biologic.
Old October 22nd 19, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 20:06:38 GMT, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

A wellbeing assistant from St John’s Hospice in Lancaster was on hand
to help rescue a cyclist who suffered a heart attack on his way home
to Hest Bank.

Ken Woodburn, 72, a keen cyclist, was on his way home from a 50 mile
cycle ride with two friends when he had a heart attack only three
miles from his house.

Luckily for Ken, Louise Dixon, who works for St John’s Hospice, was
driving home from work, spotted Ken and his friends and immediately
stopped to help.

Louise said: “I saw Ken by the side of the road and my heart leapt.

“I pulled some blankets from the car to keep him warm and stayed with
him to comfort him and keep him as relaxed as I could.

https://www.lep.co.uk/health/lancast...helps-rescue-c
yclist-after-heart-attack-1-10060368Driver

Would a silly cyclist have blankets to cover up a injured car driver?
Or would the silly cyclist even have stopped to help?
We all know the answers.

Clearly a lapse; as we keep getting told here, cyclists are despised as
scum by all motorists.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
Old October 22nd 19, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 21/10/2019 21:06, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

“I pulled some blankets from the car to keep him warm and stayed with him to
comfort him and keep him as relaxed as I could.

Would a silly cyclist have blankets to cover up a injured car driver?

Most motorist don't keep blankets in their car. (Err... why?)

Or would the silly cyclist even have stopped to help?

Well, if a cyclist is lying in the middle of the road it is unlikely it
is because it seemed like a good place to stop for a rest. Whereas
people don't usually stop at every parked car to check whether the
occupant is breathing.

So any difference should be fairly self-explanatory.

We all know the answers.

Who is "we"?