Vino to Liberty Seguros!

Old July 28th 05, 04:22 AM
Tom Kunich

"Geraard Spergen" wrote in message
news:1122491570.6da8e96f572ca606e3f33f4156e14933@t eranews...
Kunich le pète-sec a écrit:

I think that the Pro Tour is going to fizzle. The way it's set up only

the big three teams are going to be competitive over the entire season.

Just look at last year's Tour stage winners and this year's Tour stage

winners.

The Pro Tour will not fizzle.

The Pro Tour is all about sponsors, not about the big three or the other
17
or Tour stage winners. The sponsors seem to like it so it is a success and
it will continue and the teams will put up with it because it's what the
sponsors want. Organizers of Pro Tour races don't like it because it takes
away some of their control, organizers of non Pro Tour races don't like it
because it takes away some of their prestige; the Pro Tour will succeed
despite them.

Well, you have your opinion and I have mine. It ought to be interesting to
see who was closest to the truth.

Old July 28th 05, 12:18 PM
Sandy

Dans le message de
news:1122491570.6da8e96f572ca606e3f33f4156e14933@t eranews,
Geraard Spergen a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
Kunich le pète-sec a écrit:

I think that the Pro Tour is going to fizzle. The way it's set up
only

the big three teams are going to be competitive over the entire
season.

Just look at last year's Tour stage winners and this year's Tour
stage

winners.

The Pro Tour will not fizzle.

The Pro Tour is all about sponsors, not about the big three or the
other 17 or Tour stage winners. The sponsors seem to like it so it is
a success and it will continue and the teams will put up with it
because it's what the sponsors want. Organizers of Pro Tour races
don't like it because it takes away some of their control, organizers
of non Pro Tour races don't like it because it takes away some of
their prestige; the Pro Tour will succeed despite them.

I guess this explains Fassa Bortolo, right ?
--
Bonne route !

Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR

Old July 28th 05, 04:04 PM
Geraard Spergen

"Sandy" wrote
I guess this explains Fassa Bortolo, right ?
--
Bonne route !

Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR

Who knows the real reason FB pulled its sponsorship. But Ferretti dislikes
the Pro Tour more than just about anyone and he's already applied for a Pro
Tour license for next year for a team he might not even have... because he
knows it's going to be around.

Did Vino Know? [email protected] Racing 58 July 29th 05 04:29 AM
latest news :Vino is heading for Liberty Seguros Ramirez Racing 14 July 28th 05 04:00 PM
Vino to CA Ewoud Dronkert Racing 23 July 22nd 05 12:19 AM
Vino Loses More than 5:18 Today Frank Drackman Racing 3 July 13th 05 09:16 PM
you people are gay MagillaGorilla Racing 282 December 7th 04 07:06 PM