If Sagan is clean...

Old July 6th 12, 08:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas[_2_]

Default If Sagan is clean...

On 06/07/2012 18:44, Anton Berlin wrote:
On Jul 6, 11:33 am, Fred Flintstein wrote:
Merckx wasn't clean.

Who was ?

Andy Hamster. Must have been, that loser.
Old July 6th 12, 08:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 06/07/2012 20:06, Jimmy July wrote:
On 7/6/2012 10:25 AM, atriage wrote:
On 06/07/2012 17:52, Anton Berlin wrote:
On Jul 6, 11:47 am, wrote:
On 06/07/2012 16:29, Anton Berlin wrote:

On Jul 6, 10:26 am, wrote:
...then he's the new Merckx, no doubt about that at all.

--

Why the **** does a sprinter make him an EM ?

EM decimated as a TT more than as a sprinter.

Do you actually follow cycling
results?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Sagan
This from a guy who's still only 22.

--

He's having a good run - my point is that EM won in multiple ways
while Sagan wins sprints.

A good sprinter doesn't make one a 'cannibal'

The point is that he can *sprint* uphill, a feat normally confined to
EPO users.

OK, so now he's a doper.

Well I said *if*. The last person to amaze everyone by sprinting up hills and
not even getting out of breath was a certain now banned Italian who tested
positive for EPO and later nearly killed himself by auto transfusing blood that
he kept in the fridge next to the salami (possibly). *If* Sagan is clean then
he's a really exceptional rider. He's only 22 and if he progresses along the
normal trajectory by the time he's 28ish he should be just about unbeatable over
any terrain.

Old July 6th 12, 10:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

On Jul 6, 10:26 am, wrote:
[...]

Well that's a great point dumbass except "if" rarely occurs. - If
Booth wasn't an actor ? If Bush wasn't an idiot ? If your dad would
have pulled out ?
Old July 6th 12, 10:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 06/07/2012 22:22, Anton Berlin wrote:
On Jul 6, 2:56 pm, wrote:
--

Well that's a great point dumbass except "if" rarely occurs. - If
Booth wasn't an actor ? If Bush wasn't an idiot ? If your dad would
have pulled out ?

Counterfactual thinking not your strong point then Anton? Do you actually have a
strong point? Anyway try reading this...Warning has words with more than 5
letters in them, I realise you will find this challenging.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/ca...ounterfactual/

Old July 7th 12, 04:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

atriage a écrit profondement:

| Do you actually follow cycling results?
| http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Sagan
| This from a guy who's still only 22.

Well lets hope he doesn't turn into another wet squib like so many young
"next superstar" lads have before him.

It's Davey's conention that a lad his age should not be riding a stage
race of anything more than three (3) days.

--
Davey Crockett
.... wants his share of the plunder from Syria (and anywhere else Yankee
Old July 7th 12, 05:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Davey Crockett a écrit profondement:

| atriage a écrit profondement:

| | Do you actually follow cycling results?
| | http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Sagan
| | This from a guy who's still only 22.

| Well lets hope he doesn't turn into another wet squib like so many young
| "next superstar" lads have before him.

| It's Davey's contention that a lad his age should not be riding a stage
| race of anything more than three (3) days.

--
Davey Crockett
Flying the Flag of the English
The Flag of Hengest and Horsa
http://azurservers.com:7080/rbr/englishdragon.jpg
Old July 7th 12, 01:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

On Jul 6, 11:18*pm, Davey Crockett wrote:
atriage a écrit profondement:

| Do you actually follow cycling results?
|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Sagan
| This from a guy who's still only 22.

Well lets hope he doesn't turn into another wet squib like so many young
"next superstar" lads have before him.

It's Davey's conention that a lad his age should not be riding a stage
race of anything more than three (3) days.

The kid's already won more races than 90% of the pro peloton, and he's
having fun. If he retired at the end of the year it would still be a
career that almost anyone would be proud of.

That trumps whatever algorithm you used to come up with the three (3)
days thing.

Old July 7th 12, 01:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

On Jul 6, 12:52*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:

He's having a good run - my point is that EM won in multiple ways
while Sagan wins sprints.

A good sprinter doesn't make one a 'cannibal'

No, but winning is winning, and Merckx wouldn't have turned down a
win. It's the must-win attitude, and the ability to back it up that
makes a Terminator or Cannibal.

Sprinting, with a few notable exceptions, is generally a younger guy's
thing - ask Tom Boonen. Sagan has plenty of time to tweak in the wind
tunnel.

Old July 7th 12, 03:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

atriage wrote:
"According to Sagan's SRM file, in the final 1.5km when Cancellara
initiated the move, Sagan ramped up his cadence to over 120rpm to stay
with him and averaged 493 watts of power in the last 2 minutes 20
seconds of the race. His power output surged to 1,236 watts in the
finale, averaging 970 watts in the last 200 metres.[28] On Stage 3, he
came atop the final Category 4 climb in Boulogne-sur-Mer sprinting away
and leaving the field behind"

The graph in question being:
http://www.srm.de/images/SaganLast1.5km.gif (WTF is Chung when you
need him ?)

Obviously he has a high VO2 power and lactate tolerance but can he
maintain a high enough threshold power versus his mass to stay with the
climbers on the longer climbs, a attribute he'll need if he wants to be
a fine young cannibal ?

Old July 7th 12, 03:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Fred Flintstein wrote:
Merckx wasn't clean.

Anton Berlin wrote:
Who was ?

A. Dumas wrote:
Andy Hamster. Must have been, that loser.

For a looser, at least he won that stage over the Gavia.

Sagan v Gilbert Scott Racing 1 September 19th 11 08:25 AM
CLEAN AIR kolldata Techniques 2 October 24th 10 06:36 PM
Come Clean!!! Joe King Racing 0 August 15th 06 07:28 AM
Thanks for the clean-up [email protected] Recumbent Biking 2 December 14th 04 08:52 AM
this guy is definitely clean gym gravity Racing 1 October 5th 04 01:03 PM