Tyler Hamilton book wins William Hill prize

Old November 28th 12, 05:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
yirgster

Default Tyler Hamilton book wins William Hill prize

Most here probably are aware, but just in case ...

Of note, I think, is that Kimmage's Rough Ride won in the 2nd year of the prize, established in 1989 (24 years).

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tyle...iam-hill-prize

"The Secret Race" named sports book of the year

Tyler Hamilton and ghost writer Daniel Coyle have won the prestigious William Hill Sports Book of the Year Award for "The Secret Race”, Hamilton’s confessional account of his career as a professional rider.

“The Secret Race” details Hamilton’s decision to dope during his career and provides a startling insight into the systematic doping programme in place at Hamilton and Lance Armstrong’s former US Postal Service team. Hamilton’s book also heavily implicates his former CSC manager Bjarne Riis in the blood doping practices of Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes.

William Hill spokesman Graham Sharpe paid tribute to “The Secret Race” for shedding light on the “mysterious world of cycling,” saying it “lifts the lid on that world and delivers a shocking and jaw-droppingly frank account of what it’s like to compete at the highest level.”

“The Secret Race” is the third cycling book to win the William Hill prize, which is now in its 24th year. Paul Kimmage took the award in 1990 for “Rough Ride” while, somewhat ironically, Lance Armstrong and ghost writer Sally Jenkins were feted in 2000 for Armstrong’s memoir “It’s Not About the Bike.”

Hamilton and Coyle receive a £24,000 cash prize as well as a free £2,000 bet with bookmakers William Hill, a specially commissioned hand-bound copy of their book and “a day at the races.”

Published in September, “The Secret Race” recounts Hamilton’s career in the first person but the information is backed up by extensive research by Coyle, who states in the introduction that he interviewed Hamilton more than 60 times and also spoke with numerous independent sources “to verify and corroborate Hamilton's account."
Old November 28th 12, 07:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

yirgster a ¨¦crit profondement:

| Most here probably are aware, but just in case ...

| Of note, I think, is that Kimmage's Rough Ride won in the 2nd year of
| the prize, established in 1989 (24 years).

| ---------------------------------------------------------------

| http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tyle...iam-hill-prize

| "The Secret Race" named sports book of the year

| Tyler Hamilton and ghost writer Daniel Coyle have won the prestigious
| William Hill Sports Book of the Year Award for "The Secret Race¡±,
| Hamilton¡¯s confessional account of his career as a professional rider.

Tyler never doped

Bjarne never doped

Lance never doped

Kim (Andersen) never doped

Eddy never doped

Ceccho never doped

Davey never doped

So what's all the kerfuffle about?

--
Davey Crockett
Flying the Flag of the English
Old November 29th 12, 11:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas[_2_]

Davey Crockett wrote:
So what's all the kerfuffle about?

What's with the charset=gb2312?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GB_2312
Old November 29th 12, 12:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

confession of the week

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2012/11...than-i-needed/

film TBA
Old November 29th 12, 05:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

"A. Dumas" a écrit profondement:

| Davey Crockett wrote:
| So what's all the kerfuffle about?

| What's with the charset=gb2312?
| http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GB_2312

Let's see what happens with this

I'm certainly not specifying the cn charset

It is being set somewhere else and I'll try to find out where as
ttime permits

Old November 29th 12, 05:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

yirgster a écrit profondement:

| Most here probably are aware, but just in case ...

| Of note, I think, is that Kimmage's Rough Ride won in the 2nd year of
| the prize, established in 1989 (24 years).

| ---------------------------------------------------------------

This is a reply to the self same message I replied to previously
and which used the cn charset

Let's see if there is a difference here.

I simply changed my NNTP host from World.Bintube.com to
EternalSeptember which was my secondary server previously.

Old November 30th 12, 05:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
raamman

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tyle...s-william-hill...

[...]

but I'll bet no one suspects that hamiltons twin actually wrote the
book; ( tyler just signed his name for it)
Old December 5th 12, 06:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

"A. Dumas" a écrit profondement:

| Davey Crockett wrote:
| So what's all the kerfuffle about?

| What's with the charset=gb2312?
| http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GB_2312

You may remember that I promissed to look into why you were
receiving some of my messages GB_2312 encoded.

I did do some digging and sent this message almost a week ago
now. It just made it back this morning or late last night more
correctly.

It made it back to me from Eternal September with a reasonable
charset. iso-8859-1

Why there is a difference between my original reply to the OP's
message [GB_2312] and this one I'm at a loss to explain.

However,, skimming through my outbound sent messages, it does seem
that several times my mailer has sent the message GB_2312.

I shall try to determine why because it seems to happen whether I
I use Linux or Windows and whether I use Bintube.com or Eternal
September, and also happens with the four different IPs i use,
all in different countries.

I'll do some more digging and see what the gnus/emacs geeks say
about it and get back to you as soon as I can since I'm interested
in finding out why it's happening for my own satisfaction now.

But don't rely on Eternal September for anything critically
important - see the headers below for an example.

Best Regards

Davey

[QUOTE MESSAGE AS RECD FRON ETERNAL SEPTEMBER]
From: Davey Crockett
Subject: Tyler Hamilton book wins William Hill prize
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.racing
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 17:54:24 +0000 (5 days, 12 hours, 33 minutes ago)

yirgster a écrit profondement:

| Most here probably are aware, but just in case ...

| Of note, I think, is that Kimmage's Rough Ride won in the 2nd year of
| the prize, established in 1989 (24 years).

| ---------------------------------------------------------------

This is a reply to the self same message I replied to previously
and which used the cn charset

Let's see if there is a difference here.

I simply changed my NNTP host from World.Bintube.com to
EternalSeptember which was my secondary server previously.
[/quote]
Old December 5th 12, 08:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2012/11/minnesota-man-
|who-shot-burglars-fired-more-shots-than-i-needed/

| film TBA

The account circulating in the alternative news sources is that
the intruders were a couple of Space Cadets who'd broken into
his place previously looking for drug-buy money and scored
$10,000 worth of gear..

The guy should get a medal instead of Crowbar Hotel.

It's a pity the cops have nothing better to do with their time
than hassle a retired guy for protecting his property.

But admittedly, he screwed up when he didn't immediately
afterwards call the police and again when he talked to the police.

Any nationalist knows the five magic words whe approached by
Johnny Law. " I have nothing to say "

--
Davey Crockett
Flying the Flag of the English
The Flag of Hengest and Horsa
http://azurservers.com/images/whiteDragon.jpg

Tyler Hamilton book wins William Hill prize yirgster Techniques 3 November 28th 12 12:29 PM
Hamilton writing a tell-all book [email protected] Racing 3 August 31st 12 11:25 PM
Arturas Zuokas wins Peace Prize! dave a Racing 0 September 30th 11 05:21 PM
tyler hamilton Jellylegs UK 5 April 20th 05 12:56 PM
Unicyclist wins Turnip Prize for rubbish art GILD Unicycling 1 December 4th 03 12:07 PM