TdF on Eurosport but not Sky/NTL

Old July 11th 08, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kaiser Sose[_2_]

Default TdF on Eurosport but not Sky/NTL

Hey,
I love the TdF each year and I currently have Sky. But I am sick of
paying b'stard Murdoch. Freesat does not seem to do Eurosport as far
as I know and I really like their coverage. I would like to keep
Eurosport for this reasonm and would not mind a couple of quid a week
to keep it ticking over.

Anyone suggest some alternatives please?

Regards,
Steve
Old July 11th 08, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Matt[_5_]

"Kaiser Sose" wrote in message
Hey,
I love the TdF each year and I currently have Sky. But I am sick of
paying b'stard Murdoch. Freesat does not seem to do Eurosport as far
as I know and I really like their coverage. I would like to keep
Eurosport for this reasonm and would not mind a couple of quid a week
to keep it ticking over.

Anyone suggest some alternatives please?

Regards,
Steve

TDf is on ITV4 which I think is on Freeserve but is definitely on Virgin.

Old July 11th 08, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jan

Matt wrote:
"Kaiser Sose" wrote in message
Hey,
I love the TdF each year and I currently have Sky. But I am sick of
paying b'stard Murdoch. Freesat does not seem to do Eurosport as far
as I know and I really like their coverage. I would like to keep
Eurosport for this reasonm and would not mind a couple of quid a week
to keep it ticking over.

Anyone suggest some alternatives please?

Regards,
Steve

TDf is on ITV4 which I think is on Freeserve but is definitely on
Virgin.

Get yourself an old analogue receiver and dish ( Pre Sky digital) and point
it at Astra, you'll pick up International Eurosport & CNN plus some German
channels etc. Lidls have them in a couple of times each year.or look on
Ebay.for seconhand

Jan

Old July 11th 08, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jerry[_4_]

"Matt" wrote in message

snip
TDf is on ITV4 which I think is on Freeserve but is definitely on
Virgin.

Did you mean *Freeview*? If so only highlights and the occasional live
coverage is on digital terrestrial TV, OTOH it's available as FTA on
the 'Sky' and 'Freesat' satellite platforms but even then live
coverage is only via the ITV interactive (the "Press Red button")
function and a 1/6th size screen.

--
Regards, Jerry.
Location - United Kingdom.

Old July 11th 08, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jan

Jan wrote:
Matt wrote:
"Kaiser Sose" wrote in message
Hey,
I love the TdF each year and I currently have Sky. But I am sick of
paying b'stard Murdoch. Freesat does not seem to do Eurosport as
far as I know and I really like their coverage. I would like to keep
Eurosport for this reasonm and would not mind a couple of quid a
week to keep it ticking over.

Anyone suggest some alternatives please?

Regards,
Steve

TDf is on ITV4 which I think is on Freeserve but is definitely on
Virgin.

Get yourself an old analogue receiver and dish ( Pre Sky digital) and
point it at Astra, you'll pick up International Eurosport & CNN
plus some German channels etc. Lidls have them in a couple of times
each year.or look on Ebay.for seconhand

Jan

You could also watch on your computer see www.cyclingfans.com

Jan

Old July 11th 08, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Daniel Barlow

Kaiser Sose writes:

Hey,
I love the TdF each year and I currently have Sky. But I am sick of
paying b'stard Murdoch. Freesat does not seem to do Eurosport as far
as I know and I really like their coverage. I would like to keep
Eurosport for this reasonm and would not mind a couple of quid a week
to keep it ticking over.

I'd cheerfully pay money for TdF coverage in a format I could use, but
I've not found anyome selling such. I suspect that bittorrent is your
friend.

-dan
Old July 12th 08, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Lowther

"Jerry" wrote in message

"Matt" wrote in message

snip
TDf is on ITV4 which I think is on Freeserve but is definitely on Virgin.

Did you mean *Freeview*? If so only highlights and the occasional live
coverage is on digital terrestrial TV

Have you tried the red button on Freeview ?

I've seen an advert for it which claims there's live coverage Mon-Fri. I
think I was watching the one hour 7pm highlight program on Freeview when I
saw the advert. I've not tried it.

Best Regards

Dave.

Old July 12th 08, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dan Gregory

Daniel Barlow wrote:

I'd cheerfully pay money for TdF coverage in a format I could use, but
I've not found anyome selling such. I suspect that bittorrent is your
friend.

The Lidl camping set isn't on sale at the moment but Maplin sell it for
only £20 more !
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu62hd3...8737%26doy=3m8
It's very easy to tune to Amos for France 2/3,
Hotbird for RAI,
Astra 1 for Free German Eurosport, RTBF for Belgian races, ETB for
Basque races, Cubavision for the Vuelta Cuba even!!
and of course Astra 2 for all the UK Freesat stuff including live ITV4
streaming each day.
Highly recommended.
Old July 12th 08, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jerry[_4_]

"David Lowther" wrote in message
"Jerry" wrote in message

"Matt" wrote in message

snip
TDf is on ITV4 which I think is on Freeserve but is definitely on
Virgin.

Did you mean *Freeview*? If so only highlights and the occasional
live coverage is on digital terrestrial TV

Have you tried the red button on Freeview ?

I've seen an advert for it which claims there's live coverage
Mon-Fri. I think I was watching the one hour 7pm highlight program
on Freeview when I saw the advert. I've not tried it.

That is for the satellite, it's certainly what was implied when the
service was mentioned on the Thursday highlights programme, AIUI there
is no interactive service linked to the Freeview channel.

LBL IS ON EUROSPORT NOW!!!!!!!! Jan UK 6 April 24th 06 02:47 PM
Eurosport NOW!!! Jan UK 10 April 20th 06 11:42 PM
LBL Eurosport Jan UK 3 April 24th 05 08:25 PM
P-R on Eurosport Bob Martin Racing 11 April 7th 05 03:09 PM
LBL on Eurosport NOW!!! Jan UK 3 April 26th 04 07:49 PM