Astonishingly sensible discussion of dealing with doping

Old February 10th 13, 02:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mark J.

Default Astonishingly sensible discussion of dealing with doping

http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/rob...nd-retribution

I know such things (sensible discussion, that is) don't really have any
place on RBR, but I found the above link an astonishingly sensible
discussion of dealing with doping.

I don't mean /just/ the original article, which was good, but, wonder of
wonders, the comments after it. In place of the usual yahoo comments,
there were many good points, not the least of which were several writers
respectfully calling out Millar to do the "owning up" that he calls on
others to do.

Mark J.
Old February 10th 13, 10:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_4_]

On 10/02/2013 02:29, Mark J. wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/rob...nd-retribution

I know such things (sensible discussion, that is) don't really have any
place on RBR, but I found the above link an astonishingly sensible
discussion of dealing with doping.

I don't mean /just/ the original article, which was good, but, wonder of
wonders, the comments after it. In place of the usual yahoo comments,
there were many good points, not the least of which were several writers
respectfully calling out Millar to do the "owning up" that he calls on
others to do.

Yeah it was good. As some of the comments pointed out EPO wasn't
available during Millar's era so there is much less to fess-up to. The
point being that if other drugs are dynamite EPO is a thermo-nuclear
munition.

Old February 10th 13, 11:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas[_2_]

atriage wrote:
Yeah it was good. As some of the comments pointed out EPO wasn't
available during Millar's era so there is much less to fess-up to.

Pardon? Available since at least 1990 maybe a little earlier.
Old February 10th 13, 11:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_4_]

On 10/02/2013 11:25, A. Dumas wrote:
atriage wrote:
Yeah it was good. As some of the comments pointed out EPO wasn't
available during Millar's era so there is much less to fess-up to.

Pardon? Available since at least 1990 maybe a little earlier.

Millar's last major season was 1992 although he raced till 1995 so if he
was doping with EPO after 91 it wasn't doing him any good. During his
prime years of 87-91 when EPO was not used or was only *just* becoming
available I think it's very unlikely he was using it. It's possible he
was an very early adopter I suppose but I'd be amazed personally if he was.
Old February 10th 13, 04:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steve Freides[_2_]

Mark J. wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/rob...nd-retribution

I know such things (sensible discussion, that is) don't really have
any place on RBR, but I found the above link an astonishingly sensible
discussion of dealing with doping.

I don't mean /just/ the original article, which was good, but, wonder
of wonders, the comments after it. In place of the usual yahoo
comments, there were many good points, not the least of which were
several writers respectfully calling out Millar to do the "owning up"
that he calls on others to do.

+1

-S-

Dealing With Dry Skin [email protected] Unicycling 0 January 24th 08 09:49 PM
Dealing with dogs rem48 Unicycling 67 January 14th 08 03:25 AM
Dealing with doping- A modest proposal Tom Grosman Racing 19 May 9th 07 07:53 PM
dealing with trolls Ben Fitzgerald UK 7 November 19th 05 06:10 PM
Dealing with Trolls Tony Raven UK 6 December 3rd 04 10:24 PM