UNIque Unicycle Combination!!!

Old June 29th 04, 11:18 PM
chirokid

Default UNIque Unicycle Combination!!!

I have installed a HoggyG tire (24"X3.45" slick) on my KH24 Muni-Yuni.
This is for summer road riding, but mostly for the July 4th Parade in
Gatlinburg, TN.

Here is my plan: The KH 24 wheelset has the original 170mm cranks. I
want to switch the 140mm cranks (Man-o-War) from my summitt and install
them on the KH 24 wheelset.

Is this "doable"? Any problems? I plan to make the switch on Thursday
morning. Should I or shouldn't I? BTW, there are no big hills on the
parade route. I think it would work good. --chirokid--

PS: The Summit with 170mm cranks would sure be a pedal slammer, would
it not!!!!

--
chirokid - Wolfman 2004: Unicycle Catagory

"Other than that, the best maintenance is to keep riding it as this
helps to keep the eccentric nut on the saddle in optimal condition."
quote by Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Old June 29th 04, 11:23 PM
daino149

There shouldn't be any problems. Even if there were hills, 140 on a 24
with a slick tire should be able to take most of them. I take rather
large hills with my Hookworm 26er with 127s often in bike rides. You
might find that you like 140s better for light MUni as well.

Daniel

--
daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

Check out my pics: www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino Updated: 04.06.26
Footrest
Bugman - "if you are a little left of them, it would seem like they are
on the right"
Sig count: 2

04.05.23 11214
04.05.25 11284
04.05.26 11329

Old June 29th 04, 11:26 PM
bugman

The problem I had last year was the Parade moves so slow, I was always
having to circle around. Of course, I couldn't idle but I don't think
in our parades the 140's would be much benefit. Not to mention, you
will leave your daughters in the dust.

I use my fireball for such events. Where did you get the Hoggy G and
what did it set you back? Not that I need one, I have 2 fireballs as it
is.

--
bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

Old June 30th 04, 12:04 AM
Krashin'Kenny

I run 150's on my MUni and love them. The biggest problem with parades
is they move soooooooo slow or start and stop, as bugman pointed out.
The 140's would probably be too fast for that type of riding. I'd wait
until after the parade to switch cranks

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

surfing on a unicycle, tips and tricks... paulie pavlic Unicycling 10 November 15th 03 11:38 PM
NZ Unicycle Weekend GizmoDuck Unicycling 6 November 3rd 03 08:37 AM
New Unicycle types! XWonka Unicycling 16 October 15th 03 08:54 PM
My first unicycle showard Unicycling 1 October 3rd 03 06:20 AM