Availability of new moderated group on News servers

Old June 9th 09, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Hbunnet

Default Availability of new moderated group on News servers

If the moderated group gets off the ground. How easy will it be to
persuade ISPs to carry it on their servers?

There is a decline in interest in Usenet and several ISPs have already
dropped it or are threatening to.

It's a long time since I have asked my own ISP to carry a new group and
since they have been taken over by Breathe now, I'm not sure if I will
get anywhere.

--
Hbunnet : (replace "nospam" with "athome" to reply)
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Old June 9th 09, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alistair Gunn

Hbunnet twisted the electrons to say:
It's a long time since I have asked my own ISP to carry a new group and
since they have been taken over by Breathe now, I'm not sure if I will
get anywhere.

Assuming that your ISP is running it's newserver in a competent manner
then anything in uk.* should be added (or deleted as the case may be)
automatically. Basicallly UK Control will send out a digitally signed
newgroup command, and as it propagates to servers they'll act on it
without human intervention being required.
Old June 10th 09, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Hbunnet

The message
from Alistair Gunn contains these words:

Assuming that your ISP is running it's newserver in a competent manner
then anything in uk.* should be added (or deleted as the case may be)
automatically. Basicallly UK Control will send out a digitally signed
newgroup command, and as it propagates to servers they'll act on it
without human intervention being required.

Thanks , I hadn't realised it worked this way.