Calling all Belgians

Old April 5th 07, 09:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

Default Calling all Belgians

On Apr 5, 4:33 pm, Curtis L. Russell wrote:
On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 20:58:43 +0200, Ewoud Dronkert

wrote:
Bill C wrote:
Realistically, how tough a job is ambassador to Belgium?

You have to (learn to) speak French and Dutch.

Can't you just speak English louder and louder until they understand?
Listening mode is probably irrelevant.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

That could well be the strategy of the new ambassador, along with
complaints that you just can't get a good American beer there.
Bill C

Old April 5th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Curtis L. Russell

On 5 Apr 2007 13:07:20 -0700, "Bill C"
wrote:

That could well be the strategy of the new ambassador, along with
complaints that you just can't get a good American beer there.

That's not funny. Anyone that gets sent to Belgium should be required
to demonstrate a working knowledge and appreciation of doubles and
triples.

If not, I am available. I can't speak French or Dutch, but I have
watched a lot of Hercule Poirot.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old April 5th 07, 11:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default OT Calling all Belgians

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 08:32:16 -0400, RonSonic
wrote:

"(E)xplicit lies to influence a presidential election." sounds a lot like the
Kerry campaign.

You're so full of it.
--
JT
****************************
Old April 5th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On 5 Apr 2007 05:59:56 -0700, "Bill C"
wrote:

There's no way you can argue that ideology today isnt THE basis for
legal positions that are appointed today either.

Ideology is one thing. Blind loyalty to individuals is quite another.
Bush isn't even following his own expressed ideology in government.

--
JT
****************************
Old April 5th 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

wrote:

There's no way you can argue that ideology today isnt THE basis for
legal positions that are appointed today either.

Ideology is one thing. Blind loyalty to individuals is quite another.
Bush isn't even following his own expressed ideology in government.

--
JT
****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visithttp://www.jt10000.com
****************************

Agreed, That's why his "unfavorable" is sky high even with his own
party and Gonzales, still has a job.
He, and a handful of his faithful are convinced that history, and
god, are going to find he was our best President ever. It's similar to
what a shrink wrote about Joan of Arc, who he's clearly channelling.
He said that "If she were alive today she wouldn't be leading a
country, she'd be in a psych ward being treated for schizophrenia."
I'm betting history treats Bush a lot more like Grant, Hoover, and
Nixon, than Lincoln.
Bill C

Old April 6th 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jack Hollis

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 06:41:21 -0400, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:

More evidence (as if we needed it) that Bush doesn't regognize a role
for other branches of government.

However, he does recognize the role of the US Constitution. See:
Article II, Section 2.

In any case, Clinton did it so why can't Bush? Payback's a bitch.
Kerry takes it on the chin again.
Old April 6th 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

wrote:

More evidence (as if we needed it) that Bush doesn't regognize a role
for other branches of government.

However, he does recognize the role of the US Constitution. See:
Article II, Section 2.

In any case, Clinton did it so why can't Bush?

Clinton did what -- appointed someone who gave $50K to help a group
propagate specific lies about another candidate and nothing else? No
policy positions, just straight up lies about a veteran?

Payback's a bitch.

Who is Bush paying back?
--
JT
****************************
Old April 6th 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

wrote:

More evidence (as if we needed it) that Bush doesn't regognize a role
for other branches of government.

However, he does recognize the role of the US Constitution. See:
Article II, Section 2.

In any case, Clinton did it so why can't Bush? Payback's a bitch.
Kerry takes it on the chin again.

One other thing. The problem with your comment is it's the lame
relativism: "Everybody plays politics, so it's not so bad." Or
"Everybody plays poltiics, so you can't complain."

Baloney. Yeah, everybody plays politics, but some are more corrupt
and more political than others, and BushII and Cheney have played it
more extreme than any president since. Well maybe ever. Surely since
Nixon. The most corrupt and the most contempt for the rule of law and
the role of other branches over government in a few decades.

--
JT
****************************
Old April 6th 07, 03:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

wrote:

More evidence (as if we needed it) that Bush doesn't regognize a role
for other branches of government.

However, he does recognize the role of the US Constitution. See:
Article II, Section 2.

In any case, Clinton did it so why can't Bush? Payback's a bitch.
Kerry takes it on the chin again.

Clinton fired 92 Federal prosecutors including 2 or 3 of them who were
investigating corruption in the Arkansas governors office during Clinton's
administration. Not one word was said by any Liberals. Now we're seeing this
silly screaming about firing some prosecutors who were in fact ignoring
direct orders to prosecute illegal aliens and it is being made out to be
something else altogether.

I do find it interesting that Clinton installed some highly dubious
ambassadors, that he side-stepped Whitehouse security precautions and
actually brought in Chinese secret agents who THEN handed over large sums of
cash money to him and again - forgive me but did any Liberal complain about
that?

In fact, after Al Gore was caught carrying in paper shopping bags full of
cash, not a single charge was brought and Liberals admired his hutzpah so
much they ran him for President.

So let's not cry that Bush appointed an Ambassador to Belgium who is better
qualified than most Democrats.