Global Warming

Old April 3rd 08, 04:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

Default Global Warming

On Apr 3, 12:45 am, "
wrote:
On Apr 2, 5:17 pm, Bill C wrote:

On Apr 2, 7:35 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message

.. .

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote in message
om...
So then Nova has a program telling us that the Sun is actually cooling
off. I wonder how long before we're hearing cries of GLOBAL COOLING
again?

Can you say, normal cyclic variations?

Tom: What was the length of the cooling sun cycle Nova spoke of? As in, is
this something we have to worry about in the next 500 years, or 5,000?

Ted Turner was on TV this morning saying that within 40 years people will be
eating each other in a world turned into a horror story of global warming
with nature destroyed utterly.

Time for him to write the ELF another check.

http://www.cdfe.org/berman.htm

This doesn't happen according to Howard though. This must have been
perjury.

Dude,

I don't know what Howard did to get under your
skin, and frankly, I don't care. You can have your
beef, but stop dragging it into every on and off topic
thread. Posting some random stuff from some
think tank hack about how ELF, ALF, Mork and Mindy
bombed a McDonalds has nothing to do with
Ted Turner or global warming. And continually
assigning opinions to other people (Howard in
this case) is similar to the Kunichian "So you think
that ..." mode of argument. Hang people by quoting
their own words, not those of others.

Ben

p.s. Let's have a moment of silence for Pam Dawber,
the first Earthling to be offered up as a sacrifice to the
gruesome, horrifying alien creature known as
"Robin Williams."- Hide quoted text -

Ben did you read the piece? It's right there in plain laguage. I
throw it in when it's relevant. In this case it's Mainstream leftist
folks providing support and funding for environmental terrorist
nutcases.
The bitch with Howard is that he flat out denies ANY of this ever
happens, or when confronted with evidence claims it's only a few
nutcases. It's not, unless you consider some of the left's biggest
most influential donors and spokespeople to be nutcases, and
insignificant.
How is it that not relevant?
This whole issue is way to important to be anything but brutally
open, honest, and up front about. Protecting, and funding extremists,
discredits the groups that are doing it. It's bad enough we've got a
bunch on scumbags appointed, and committed to mining and drilling our
public lands here, but when environmental groups, and their supporters
tie themselves to the violent nutjobs it damages all of us.
It let's Tom, and others point to the nutcases and deny everything
they say. Case closed in their minds.
You can't EVER reach a decent understanding, or solution without
hearing ALL the points and connections on an issue, no matter how
ugly, or offensive.

What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun
wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what "the stars
foretell," avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never
mind the unguessable "verdict of history"; what are the facts, and to
how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future;
facts are your single clue. Get the facts!

Robert Heinlein (1907 - 1988)
Source: Time Enough for Love, The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

He was also big on civility, and we KNOW I think Tom fails that
miserably, but so do others towards him. I'd much prefer not to read
any of it.
Bill C
Old April 3rd 08, 05:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Apr 3, 11:07*am, Bill C wrote:
On Apr 3, 12:45 am, "
wrote:

On Apr 2, 5:17 pm, Bill C wrote:

[...]

I meant to include being funded, and/or puppet fronts for energy/oil
companies here too.
They are just as bad in a different way.

What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun
wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what "the stars
foretell," avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never
mind the unguessable "verdict of history"; what are the facts, and to
how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future;
facts are your single clue. Get the facts!

Robert Heinlein (1907 - 1988)
Source: Time Enough for Love, The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

He was also big on civility, and we KNOW I think Tom fails that
miserably, but so do others towards him. I'd much prefer not to read
any of it.
*Bill C- Hide quoted text -

If anyone gives a **** this is one of the groups I belong to, and
would highly recommend:
http://www.trcp.org/

and one of their affilliated groups:

http://www.unionsportsmen.org/

Bill C
Old April 3rd 08, 06:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Apr 3, 12:16 pm, Bob Schwartz
p.s. Let's have a moment of silence for Pam Dawber,
the first Earthling to be offered up as a sacrifice to the
gruesome, horrifying alien creature known as
"Robin Williams."

Lord have mercy. First it was RicodJour's reference to
Susan Dey and now this. It's only a matter of time until
someone with a boot fetish brings up the original Star
Trek. Maybe it'll be Hoovis, he seems to be on a roll
with that sort of thing.

I take umbrage with that remark! Susan Dey was _way_ hotter than Pam
Dawber. The only thing that Pam Dawber had going for her was the
willingness to sleep with someone/thing who looks like Robin Williams
- which instills hope in those of us...errr...you less fortunate.

Old April 3rd 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

RicodJour wrote:
On Apr 3, 12:16 pm, Bob Schwartz
p.s. Let's have a moment of silence for Pam Dawber,
the first Earthling to be offered up as a sacrifice to the
gruesome, horrifying alien creature known as
"Robin Williams."

Lord have mercy. First it was RicodJour's reference to
Susan Dey and now this. It's only a matter of time until
someone with a boot fetish brings up the original Star
Trek. Maybe it'll be Hoovis, he seems to be on a roll
with that sort of thing.

I take umbrage with that remark! Susan Dey was _way_ hotter than Pam
Dawber. The only thing that Pam Dawber had going for her was the
willingness to sleep with someone/thing who looks like Robin Williams
- which instills hope in those of us...errr...you less fortunate.

Dude,

Yeah, Susan Dey was hot. Too bad Laurie Partridge and
Marcia Brady never served on the Enterprise.

Bob Schwartz
Old April 3rd 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Howard Kveck wrote:
Where is Ted ****ing Turner's name in that, Bill??????????? How about
MoveOn?
Because I MUST HAVE ****ING MISSED IT.

Oy lets get this thread back on topic - we're supposed to be a global
warming group and if we start going off on a tangent the TOM9000 series
is going to have a segmentation fault trying to interpret the input.

According to the TOM9000 logic Asher should have responded with a
repudiation of the pseudo science in the link in the bots attempted troll.

Old April 3rd 08, 08:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Bob Schwartz wrote:
Yeah, Susan Dey was hot. Too bad Laurie Partridge and Marcia Brady never
served on the Enterprise.

Which one was that half borg with the big breasts ? You could easily
have got assimilated by her breasts if you weren't careful.

Old April 3rd 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Apr 2, 10:38*pm, Howard Kveck wrote:

--
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * tanx,
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Howard

* * * * * * * * * * * * Whatever happened to
* * * * * * * * * * * * Leon Trotsky?
* * * * * * * * * * * * He got an icepick
* * * * * * * * * * * * That made his ears burn.

* * * * * * * * * * *remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?- Hide quoted text -

You ****ING MISSED IT!!!!!!
extracted:
An organization called the Ruckus Society was started by another Earth
First! co-founder named Mike Roselle. This group was largely
responsible for the 1999 anti-WTO protests in Seattle, which ended in
mass rioting and the destruction of Starbucks and McDonald's
restaurants. The Ruckus Society trains young activists in the
techniques of "monkeywrenching" which, when applied, result in
property crimes of enormous financial cost.

The Ruckus Society and the Rainforest Action Network (another outfit
founded by Mr. Roselle) are tax-exempt organization that have enjoyed
contributions from such mainstream sources as Ted Turner and Ben &
Jerry's. When will this breeding ground for environmental criminals be
held accountable?

Ruckus, by the way, also gets funding from a San Francisco outfit
called the Tides Foundation, which distributes other foundations'
money while shielding the identity of the actual donors. Our tax law
permits this sort of money-laundering. If the public is prevented from
learning where a tax-exempt organization like the Ruckus Society gets
their money, then the legal loopholes that permit foundations like
Tides to operate as it does should be closed.

Further extracted:

The Ruckus Society and the Rainforest Action Network (another outfit
founded by Mr. Roselle) are tax-exempt organization that have enjoyed
contributions from such mainstream sources as Ted Turner and Ben &
Jerry's.

Other citations:
http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/09/13/3813/
http://www.activistcash.com/aboutUs.cfm

http://www.prospect.org/cs/articles?...reaking_ruckus
Quoted:

its directors became stars of a sort, and its funding (previously from
staid foundations like the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Human Rights
and individual sponsors like Ted Turner) improved dramatically.

There was an idiot defending Cheney on one of the military boards
usingfg the argument that he bears NO responsibility for the Iraq war.
The reasoning was that ONLY the president has the legal authority to
make that decision so Cheney and the rest of the Neo-cons were NOT
responsible.
That's the same as trying to discuss politics with Howard, or Rove.
Yes I finally did get in the first ride other than running errands
in about 6 months. Tuesday, after getting the stitches out of my knee
the Thursday before. More torn cartilage, arthritis cleanup, a couple
of bone spurs to grind away in this one. I did our clubs first TT of
the season series. A roaring 10 miles into a 10 mph headwind in 42
minutes and 6 seconds. WhoooHooo.. Four percocets and a Soma in two
hours and I was still miserable, and pretty crippled afterward, but
it's a ****ing start....again. DFL as usual but at least I'm out there
again.
Bill C
Old April 3rd 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mark & Steven Bornfeld

Bob Schwartz wrote:
Yeah, Susan Dey was hot. Too bad Laurie Partridge and Marcia Brady never
served on the Enterprise.

Which one was that half borg with the big breasts ? You could easily
have got assimilated by her breasts if you weren't careful.

The one that was married to that Senator from Illinois? No, not Obama....

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Old April 3rd 08, 10:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ted van de Weteringe

Donald Munro wrote:
Which one was that half borg with the big breasts ?

Don't act like you don't know. Yes, you even watched Voyager.

Damn Global Warming Tom Kunich Racing 16 February 9th 08 05:44 AM
A little global warming WeaselPoopPower Racing 1 November 16th 07 07:47 AM
Global Warming Tom Kunich Racing 212 November 16th 07 03:41 AM
Global Warming Richard Bates UK 84 July 25th 04 11:58 PM