Somebody mail the Page Family a copy of the U.S. Constitution

Old January 1st 09, 09:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

Default Somebody mail the Page Family a copy of the U.S. Constitution

In article
,
" wrote:

On Dec 30, 9:04*pm, Michael Press wrote:

"It's not something people should get arrested for,
but a little retaliation is in order."

I am not confused.

Dude,

No matter how many times you quote that
sentence from me and leave out the following
sentence about noogies, I am not going
to get angry or spew invective or issue
moral judgments. It amuses me.

I still want to know what you thought of
the guitar scene from Animal House, though.

"It's not something people should get arrested for,
but a little retaliation is in order. I think giving
the heckler a noogie would be about right."

______________________________
Retaliate (Page: 1230)

Re*tal"i*ate (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Retaliated (?); p.
pr. & vb. n. Retaliating.] [L. retaliatus, p. p. of
retaliare to retaliate; pref. re- re- + a word akin to
talio talion, retaliation. Cf. Talion.] To return the
like for; to repay or requite by an act of the same kind;
to return evil for (evil). [Now seldom used except in a
bad sense.]

One ambassador sent word to the duke's son that his visit
should be retaliated. Sir T. Herbert.

It is unlucky to be obliged to retaliate the injuries of
authors, whose works are so soon forgotten that we are
in danger of appearing the first aggressors. Swift.
______________________________

By saying "retaliate" you assert that harsh words
are equivalent to battery.

The second sentence that I had not been quoting
confirm that in speaking about retaliation you
truly mean assault and battery.

--
Michael Press
Old January 2nd 09, 08:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jan 1, 1:49 pm, Michael Press wrote:
" wrote:

Dude,

No matter how many times you quote that
sentence from me and leave out the following
sentence about noogies, I am not going
to get angry or spew invective or issue
moral judgments. It amuses me.

I still want to know what you thought of
the guitar scene from Animal House, though.

"It's not something people should get arrested for,
but a little retaliation is in order. I think giving
the heckler a noogie would be about right."
By saying "retaliate" you assert that harsh words
are equivalent to battery.

The second sentence that I had not been quoting
confirm that in speaking about retaliation you
truly mean assault and battery.

Thank you for restoring the full quotation with reference
to speech suppression by noogie. I am confident that
future generations, Google stalkers, prospective employers
and the ACLU will now be able to judge correctly the
gravity of my commitment to (lack of) speech rights
and their suppression by violence.

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/77/77pnerds.phtml
(a pity the Noogie Patrol isn't on Youtube).

Ben
Old January 3rd 09, 07:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
,

" wrote:

[...]