Now they are brushing their teeth

Old October 4th 15, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default Now they are brushing their teeth

Is there no end to their stupidity? Eating breakfast, on the phone, plucking hairs, watching TV and now this.

http://www.surreycomet.co.uk/NEWS/13...ind_the_wheel/
Old October 4th 15, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Parry

On Sun, 4 Oct 2015 04:50:16 -0700 (PDT), Alycidon
wrote:

Is there no end to their stupidity? Eating breakfast...

I agree, but it isn't confined to breakfast. On the A20 recently near
Brands Hatch in the afternoon there were a pair of push bike riders
in yellow livery and matching funny little cotton caps side by side
taking up the full lane while riding without hands on handlebars
sitting upright and merrily unwrapping and munching some sort of bar.
After finishing their leisurely repast they casually threw the
wrappers to one side and continued no hands chatting and drinking
wholly unconcerned about the long queue behind them.

Old October 4th 15, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Sunday, 4 October 2015 13:15:48 UTC+1, Peter Parry wrote:

After finishing their leisurely repast they casually threw the
wrappers to one side and continued no hands chatting and drinking
wholly unconcerned about the long queue behind them.

Wow - these selfish people cause all sorts of problems, don't they?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/resour...ype=0&type=mc3

Not a single cyclist in sight either.
10200 bags of crap collected in just ONE year.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/l...ires-motorways

Old October 4th 15, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Parry

On Sun, 4 Oct 2015 05:33:02 -0700 (PDT), Alycidon
wrote:

Wow - these selfish people cause all sorts of problems, don't they?

So it would appear, but fortunately a minority of push bike riders do
seem to want to correct the misbehaviour of their fellow riders.

"Cycling as an elite sport has often has little to do with ecology.
Convoys of team cars, the consumerist message and the way riders dump
used bottles and food wrappers don’t make things look very green at
all."

"There are many efforts to clean up cycling these days but here’s a
more obvious example: stop riders littering the countryside they ride
through....given the metallic packaging is easy to spot you can almost
track the route of the race thanks to the debris left behind."

"Unfortunately the litter problem and cyclists does seem to get worse.
To defend somebody dropping litter from a bike by using the fact that
some people use cars to dump stuff, seems wrong to me from a moral
point of view."

"As a keen cyclist myself I participated in Ride London this year and
was pretty disgusted by the amount of litter, mainly gel wrappers,
that were dropped on the route."

There will always be more vehicles causing litter because there are
vastly more drivers than push bike riders. Unfortunately the selfish
approach of many push bike riders (and this is not confined to litter)
is to say "well, look how much more (insert misdemeanour here) is done
by drivers/pedestrians, don't bother me until you have stopped them
first".
Old October 4th 15, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Sunday, 4 October 2015 18:17:28 UTC+1, Peter Parry wrote:

There will always be more vehicles causing litter because there are
vastly more drivers than push bike riders. Unfortunately the selfish
approach of many push bike riders (and this is not confined to litter)
is to say "well, look how much more (insert misdemeanour here) is done
by drivers/pedestrians, don't bother me until you have stopped them
first".

Wasn't it Matthew Parris who once accused cyclists of leaving our hedgerows littered with Red Bull cans, McDonald's detritus, Costa Coffee cups, fag ends, Monster drink cans, KFC wrappers, Coke bottles, cigarette packets, Tesco bags etc?

I THINK he was being serious, but it was around the same time as he was recommending putting up piano wire across cycle tracks to decapitate people, so it might have been an elaborate gag instead that passed most people by.

36 teeth cog + 39 or 42 teeth chainring? Sir Ridesalot Techniques 14 September 21st 12 07:46 PM
OMG, look at the teeth! z Racing 17 September 7th 09 09:58 PM
Brushing brake surfaces pm Techniques 9 April 29th 09 02:14 AM
Wisdom teeth? [email protected] Techniques 10 November 3rd 08 05:55 AM
bent cog teeth? Callistus Valerius Techniques 1 November 7th 05 01:40 PM