Glue for helmet pads?

Old July 6th 03, 11:40 AM
David Bailey

Default Glue for helmet pads?

I have spoken to the old distributor for Giro and they said to use hobby
glue or water based glue such as PVA clean the foam and apply glue, wait
till glue is almost dry 10-15 mins then apply wait 24 hours for it to dry.

Old July 6th 03, 11:43 PM
John Retchford

"Pants soiler" wrote in message
Anyone know what glue I should use to restick my hemet pads? I know a
lot of glues will melt/disolve the foam. Cheer Steve

All the helmets I know are based on polystyrene foam. Solvent based
adhesives (e.g. contact adhesives) dissolve the stuff nicely. Epoxies are
safe on polystyrene - I have used them with complete success. Test a small,
unimportant part first in case your helmet is made of something else. Water
based glues (e.g. PVA) will not stand up to the rain and sweat.
Cyanoacrylates ("super glue") will work for a while, but break down in time
from exposure to water.

John Retchford

Old July 7th 03, 02:40 PM
Malvern_star

Bikesoiler wrote:
Anyone know what glue I should use to restick my hemet pads? I know a
lot of glues will melt/disolve the foam. Cheer Steve

Hot glue gun.

cheers

ARRRRRGH Luigi de Guzman General 65 April 30th 04 03:35 AM
ARRRRRGH [email protected] Techniques 8 April 29th 04 11:39 PM
*Edit Me* - New FAQ addition on brake squeal. ant Techniques 1 July 23rd 03 06:52 AM