22 Sept. No petrol day

Old September 14th 05, 08:45 AM
dave

Default 22 Sept. No petrol day

Peka wrote:
I'll be cycling to work that day, and it's unlikely that my cage will
need fuel on that day anyway.

I still don't see how not buying petrol on one day is going to make a
difference. The oil companies know that your typical Aussie will still
fill up within a week of Sept 22, and will likely increase the price on
those days to make up for whatever they lost.

If people really want to make a statement, they should stop driving to
work for a whole week, and clog up the public transport systems. That
will get the attention of the govt AND the oil companies.

Just my opinion...

And a damm good opinion too

Old September 14th 05, 08:47 AM
dave

Peka wrote:
Peka Wrote:

I'll be cycling to work that day, and it's unlikely that my cage will
need fuel on that day anywayLol, notice how I said 'fuel' and not petrol? My cage is a turbo diesel

My motorbike does use petrol, but it took a full day of
redlining it at the track to make it drink 12.5L/100km

Ummmm
You obviously suffer from sanity. I once ran a VF dry in 50 km on the
GOR. But I was young and silly
Old September 14th 05, 09:37 AM

flyingdutch wrote:
Just got sent this. on a cycling email group!

OK OK. I agree to not buy any petrol for my bike

"It has been calculated that if everyone in australia
Did not purchase a drop of petrol for one day and all at
The same time, the oil companies would choke on their
Stockpiles.

At the same time it would hit the entire industry with a net
Loss over 4.6 Billion dollars which affects the bottom lines of the
oil companies.

1. halloween ghost Sep 14, 12:39 pm show options

Newsgroups: alt.sex.telephone, aus.bicycle, aus.invest, aus.culture,
aus.family
From: "halloween ghost" - Find messages by
this author
Date: 13 Sep 2005 19:39:05 -0700
Subject: someone is calling me
original | Report Abuse

someone is calling me on my cell and leaving phone sex voice
mail from this # 61897342316 and from this # 616045507000
with the words ****, dick, suck, pussy, your dickhead, ****,
gay, ass, **** you,now,ANIMAL,SEX,balls,hair and alot of
other words i don't want to post.

Old September 14th 05, 09:38 AM

cfsmtb wrote:
I got this spammed at me from a dozen different addresses - in CAPS
LOCK. Don't like people shouting at me for no good reason.

Anyway, 22 September is also CarFree Day:
http://www.worldcarfree.net/wcfd/

http://www.carfree.com/
http://www.carfree.com/cft/

1. halloween ghost Sep 14, 12:39 pm show options

Newsgroups: alt.sex.telephone, aus.bicycle, aus.invest, aus.culture,
aus.family