DON'T FEED THE TROLL! - Off Topic

Old January 23rd 07, 02:40 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default DON'T FEED THE TROLL! - Off Topic

Jimmy,

You have got to be Ed's biggest sucker! He seems to manage to reel you
in on almost nothing. You're just as much a troll problem with this
newsgroup as Ed. Even Tom has quit.

What part of DON'T FEED THE TROLL don't you understand?

With people like you feeding Ed this newsgroup doesn't have a chance.

Perry B

JimmyMac wrote:
More opinion stated as fact. This predictable response establishes
that the troll is imperceptive and obnoxious as previously noted. A
REAL man would express an opinion about another man's lack manliness to
his face, but the troll is a cowardly girly-man and I would gladly
state that to his face given the opportunity to do so. I've nothing
more to say to or of the troll.

Jim McNamara

Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ps.com...

32GO wrote:
Hey folks -

Please use this thread - and only this thread! - for
any comments you absolutely can't resist making about
the TROLL for the next week or two. If you can't
suppress the need to quote it, please cut and paste
without any concern for conventional Usenet continuity.
For this crap, who cares, anyway?

Regards,
Wayne

In his initial post in his thread, "So Good, So Far", our resident
troll caste out the bait that I am pleased to note no one took. Our
disruptive renegade malcontent has yet to perceive that this concerted
effort is in specific and direct response to him and him alone. How
could he have misconstrued to refer to anyone else, the declaration
"IT'S OUR NEWSGROUP, DAMMIT, NOT THE TROLL'S!" posted in the thread ...
"IMPORTANT - Groupwide Notice - PLEASE READ!"??? Could it be that our
troll is as imperceptive as he is obnoxious? Regardless, It matters
not really. Fortunately, the endeavor to re-mold this newsgroup into
the forum it was originally intended to be is meeting with success.
You are all to be commended for you devotion to the cause.

The effort to renew the group is as much directed at Jim McNamara as anyone
else. He has become a nuisance to this group with his constant stalking. I
mean, it is just so unmanly! As far as I know, there are no women on this
group and the men all appear to be real men with one exception - Jim
McNamara!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old January 23rd 07, 11:37 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jeff Grippe

Ed,

I took this from your rail trails reply and moved it over here where it
belongs. You were starting to get off-topic. This is something you said you
would not do in "on-topic" threads.

I ask that when you visit my graveside that you not **** on my grave. After
all, that is only something I would do, not a fine Jewish gentleman like
yourself.

I have no intention of seeking you out alive or dead so there is no need to
worry.

By the way, a Jew who is not religious is a contradiction in terms. Only we
fallen away Catholics know how to be atheists. I give you Hitler and Stalin
as sterling examples of the species.

This is utter nonsense and it does not belong in the rail trails thread. If
you want to bait me with stuff like this, keep it out of the on-topic
conversations. I read the off-topic stuff too so put it there and I'll
respond if I want to.

Jeff

ps.com...

Old January 23rd 07, 03:09 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

Perry,

Relax. You will note that I have not responded to the troll's latest
bait, and have no such intention either. I'm done with him and will
follow Tom's god example in this regard. I have learned that a troll's
adversary is not really an adversary but rather an ally or sorts, if
you know what I mean, but enough about the troll I would like to see
this effort succeed as much as anyone else, so fear not, I'll not be
feeding the troll.

So Perry, what kind of recumbent do you ride (mandatory recumbent
content)?

Jim McNamara

JimmyMac wrote:
More opinion stated as fact. This predictable response establishes
that the troll is imperceptive and obnoxious as previously noted. A
REAL man would express an opinion about another man's lack manliness to
his face, but the troll is a cowardly girly-man and I would gladly
state that to his face given the opportunity to do so. I've nothing
more to say to or of the troll.

Jim McNamara

Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ps.com...

Old January 23rd 07, 03:23 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

wrote in message
ups.com...

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

Jimmy,

You have got to be Ed's biggest sucker! He seems to manage to reel you
in on almost nothing. You're just as much a troll problem with this
newsgroup as Ed. Even Tom has quit.

What part of DON'T FEED THE TROLL don't you understand?

With people like you feeding Ed this newsgroup doesn't have a chance.

Perry B

Even a stopped clock like Perry Butler of Fergus Falls, Minnesota is right
twice a day. Jim McNamara is indeed just as much a troll as anyone who has
ever been on this group. Even Perry Butler qualified for that designation
too at one time.

But Jim is worse than a troll; he is a stalker (just like Perry used to be).
That is one thing to my credit that I have never been. I am an equal
opportunity annoyer and no one is safe from Ed Dolan the Great. All you have
to do is to be stupid and I will most likely show up to confirm for the
benefit of all just how stupid you really are.

Has Tom Sherman really left for good? He comes and goes on this group like a
weasel in the night. When Ed Dolan the Great leaves the group he makes an
announcement to that effect in no uncertain terms. Hells Bells, I have
already permanently left this group at least 7 times with much cussing and
swearing and slamming of doors!

Old January 23rd 07, 03:43 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" wrote in message

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

Ed,

I took this from your rail trails reply and moved it over here where it
belongs. You were starting to get off-topic. This is something you said
you would not do in "on-topic" threads.

A subject thread will start to die and then wander off-topic eventually.
When it does that, I consider it off-topic and fair game.

I ask that when you visit my graveside that you not **** on my grave.
After
all, that is only something I would do, not a fine Jewish gentleman like
yourself.

I have no intention of seeking you out alive or dead so there is no need
to worry.

Nope, I know you. Like all your kind you are curious about your enemies. You
will not only seek me out but I suspect you will want to **** on my grave.
Beware, the cops hereabouts will arrest you for indecent exposure.

By the way, a Jew who is not religious is a contradiction in terms. Only
we
fallen away Catholics know how to be atheists. I give you Hitler and
Stalin
as sterling examples of the species.

This is utter nonsense and it does not belong in the rail trails thread.
If you want to bait me with stuff like this, keep it out of the on-topic
conversations. I read the off-topic stuff too so put it there and I'll
respond if I want to.

You are just as off-topic as I am when you get too personal. Continue to do
that and I will ALWAYS be here for you. Damned if I am ever going to let a
New York Jew get the last word.

In any event, do not try to get to the left of me on the subject of atheism.
Jews do not have the foggiest notion about atheism. They never have and they
never will. All Jews are doddering religious nuts. They can become religious
atheists (agnostics), but that is the best they can ever do.

Old January 23rd 07, 04:05 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
oups.com...

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

Perry,

Relax. You will note that I have not responded to the troll's latest
bait and have no such intention either. I'm done with him and will
follow Tom's good example in this regard. I have learned that a troll's
adversary is not really an adversary but rather an ally of sorts, if
you know what I mean, but enough about the troll. I would like to see
this effort succeed as much as anyone else, so fear not, I'll not be
feeding the troll.

If true, then good. I tire of one and all in a matter of weeks, no matter
their level of stupidity.

So Perry, what kind of recumbent do you ride (mandatory recumbent
content)?

Perry hasn't posted any recumbent related subject matter in years. I think
he has forgotten how.

Old January 23rd 07, 04:51 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jeff Grippe

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
newsMmdnRWqzNKQgivYnZ2dnUVZ_tadnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

You are just as off-topic as I am when you get too personal. Continue to
do that and I will ALWAYS be here for you. Damned if I am ever going to
let a New York Jew get the last word.

Whatever floats your boat Ed. Thanks for always being there for me. From now
on, you are my go to guy in MN.

Old January 23rd 07, 11:43 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
newsMmdnRWqzNKQgivYnZ2dnUVZ_tadnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

You are just as off-topic as I am when you get too personal. Continue to
do that and I will ALWAYS be here for you. Damned if I am ever going to
let a New York Jew get the last word.

Whatever floats your boat Ed. Thanks for always being there for me. From
now on, you are my go to guy in MN.

Damn right - and don't you ever forget it either!

Old January 24th 07, 03:00 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jeff Grippe

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:KvOdnQlAF4td0SjYnZ2dnUVZ_riknZ2d@prairiewave. com...

It's no fun to climb any kind of hill at all on a recumbent.

Well we each get to decide what is fun don't we?

Not really! There are universals that apply to all.

Moved to the off topic thread...BTW your Jim Mac/Ed Gin belongs in an
off-topic thread or at least designated as off topic. As to what you said
above.

There is clearly no universal when it comes to matters of taste and what
people find enjoyable. You should hear some of the garbage my son listens
to. It isn't pleasent sounding and by my standards it is barely music.

There is a huge range of human tastes and preferences. I'll concede that
many of them are culturally baised but still there is far from a universal.

As to cycling specifically, I like going up hill on my trike. Yes it is hard
work but when I know that I won't fall over and won't have to walk up, I
enjoy the hard work.

As far as down hill goes, I don't find it fun at all. You and I are in
agreement about the speed issue and I find myself having to ride the brakes.
It is not the "whee" experience at all.

As far as triking goes, I love rail trails because they are fairly level.
Next to level I like going up. My least favorite thing to do is go down.

Jeff

Old January 26th 07, 04:30 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" wrote in message
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:KvOdnQlAF4td0SjYnZ2dnUVZ_riknZ2d@prairiewave. com...

It's no fun to climb any kind of hill at all on a recumbent.

Well we each get to decide what is fun don't we?

Not really! There are universals that apply to all.

Moved to the off topic thread...BTW your Jim Mac/Ed Gin belongs in an
off-topic thread or at least designated as off topic. As to what you said
above.

Not so! I have said repeatedly that I regard housekeeping chores as being
on-topic subjects for this newsgroup and that is how I shall treat them.
Since that post was all about stalkers and trolls, it was on-topic as far as
I am concerned.

There is clearly no universal when it comes to matters of taste and what
people find enjoyable. You should hear some of the garbage my son listens
to. It isn't pleasent sounding and by my standards it is barely music.

Unless you are superman, it is no fun to climb hills on a recumbent. Thus
spake Zarathustra.

There is a huge range of human tastes and preferences. I'll concede that
many of them are culturally baised but still there is far from a
universal.

As to cycling specifically, I like going up hill on my trike. Yes it is
hard work but when I know that I won't fall over and won't have to walk
up, I enjoy the hard work.

Unless you are superman, it is no fun to climb hills on a recumbent. Thus
spake Zarathustra.

As far as down hill goes, I don't find it fun at all. You and I are in
agreement about the speed issue and I find myself having to ride the
brakes. It is not the "whee" experience at all.

Yes, most of the posts about speed on a recumbent trike on the other threads
are way off the mark. The bottom line is that recumbent trikes function best
at around 15 to 20 mph. When you go faster than that, you are asking for
trouble.

As far as triking goes, I love rail trails because they are fairly level.
Next to level I like going up. My least favorite thing to do is go down.

Just keep your speed reasonable while going downhill and that is about as
good as life ever gets. I too will brake while going downhill whether on a
3-wheeler or a 2-wheeler. What on earth is wrong with that?