Mountain Biker's Near Death Experience

Old May 18th 12, 02:27 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default Mountain Biker's Near Death Experience

Mountain biking carnage season has, once again, begun on our North
Shore (the following incident happened on a DNV-jurisdiction Seymour
Trail called "Neds Atomic Dustbin" -
North Shore Mountain Biking Forums (http://bb.nsmb.com/index.php)
- The Shore (http://bb.nsmb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
- - Rider Down on Neds (http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=148706)

HaamStacks 05-17-2012 12:50 AM

Rider Down on Neds
Big thanks to the riders who helped us out today.

Rudy made it out ok, with a broken clavicle, concussion and a deep
gash on his right stomach/hip. Doc said that whatever cut him, had it
not glanced off his pelvis, it would have sliced through the abdominal
wall. Ugly.

Anyways, we are appreciative of all the help from passing riders. The
camaraderie shown today was impressive to say the least.

Sharon 05-17-2012 09:09 AM

Glad you buddy is ok!

stimpy 05-17-2012 09:35 AM

Glad to hear he's ok. Didn't look too good when we rolled by. Thanks
to NS rescue and fire fighters too! That's a long slog for them to get
there with a stretcher!

AussieDreamZ 05-17-2012 09:52 AM

Healing vibes to your mate, I echo Stimpy, he did not look to good
when my group swung buy either, so glad to hear it sounds like he'll
heal up all good