Cycling and your child feedback: IMPORTANT!

Old June 29th 06, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech

Default Cycling and your child feedback: IMPORTANT!

A quick question:
is there anything wrong with the Vuelta ZeroLite Corsa wheelset? They
seem remarkably cheap, and (to my eyes) they look rather nice.

They're not heading for a huge amunt of use - I just fancy building a
frame into something 'pretty' for short rides when I don't need to take
the tourer, and perhaps I'll take a look at the TTs organised by one of
the local clubs.

I know the panel would recommend handbuilt, but I can always have a go
at tuning them with a spoke key - I was wondering if the hub bearings
are going to collapse and the rims buckle at the first sign of use.

Considering a pair myself but after reading this I'd like to see what you
and David think of yours first - hopefully the person below just got a duff
one (think both wheels are similar, but crosser has bladed spokes):

****************

From rec.bicycles.tech:

"My brother in-law has recently purchased a Battaglin with some
strange-looking Vuelta Wheels

Rims 33 mm
24 bladed spokes 2X laced 2 right/2left

The backwheel feels very unstable when riding, it wobbles to the point
where you can see the chain vibrating sidewards when coasting.

I have checked the spokes, and they are not twisted. The hubs run ok.
Could this be a matter of to low spoketension or is the 2 right/2 left
pattern simply a bad design?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Jens D. Jensen

(yes, 36 3x well-built wheels are superior, I ride then myself)"