Cyclist assaults and kills dooring motorist

Old February 14th 12, 03:31 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
NorthWalesYorkie[_2_]

Default Cyclist assaults and kills dooring motorist

On Feb 14, 1:11*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

no dooring occurred.

"The door struck a passing cyclist. There was a collision between the
cyclist and the door".

A non-road tax paying cyclists killed a road tax paying motorist.

No such thing as road tax as has already been explained to you. Any
zero emission vehicle is exempt from VED, whether it's a bike or a
car.

Your ignorance and stupidity are breathtaking.

Old February 14th 12, 04:32 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

NorthWalesYorkie wrote:
On Feb 14, 1:11 pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

no dooring occurred.

"The door struck a passing cyclist. There was a collision between the
cyclist and the door".

A non-road tax paying cyclists killed a road tax paying motorist.

No such thing as road tax as has already been explained to you. Any
zero emission vehicle is exempt from VED, whether it's a bike or a
car.

Your ignorance and stupidity are breathtaking.

Zero emissions is impossible, very low emission cars at present have a VED
level of nothing. It is still known as 'road tax' by everyone in the
country and probably will be for centuries to come.

I believe that in the case of the murder of Tony Magdi, the murderer
witnessed a near miss by two other cyclists and took it upon himself to
attack the motorist and cause his death. ie: no collision with the door at
all by him or anyone else, merely a near miss (this was what was reported at
the time)

" Lambeth, who was among three cyclists who had to swerve to avoid the car
door, hit Mr Magdi in the face with a single punch"

avoid means that they did not hit the door.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-13647541

Old February 14th 12, 04:51 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 15:32:14 -0000
"Mrcheerful" wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-13647541

"During mitigation, Lewis Power QC said Lambeth had suffered psychotic
symptoms, including hearing voices in his head since 2001 and had not been
taking his medication."

Since when has being a psychotic nutter who can't be bothered to take his
medication been mitigation?

If the victim had been one of my relatives I'd be very tempted to get some
of my family and "greet" the cyclist when he came out of prison.

B2003

Old February 14th 12, 06:00 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_9_]

"Mrcheerful" wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-13647541

"During mitigation, Lewis Power QC said Lambeth had suffered psychotic
symptoms, including hearing voices in his head since 2001 and had not been
taking his medication."

Since when has being a psychotic nutter who can't be bothered to take his
medication been mitigation?

If the victim had been one of my relatives I'd be very tempted to get some
of my family and "greet" the cyclist when he came out of prison.

That's very charitable.

Old February 14th 12, 06:10 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 17:00:37 -0000
"Mr. Benn" wrote:
Since when has being a psychotic nutter who can't be bothered to take his
medication been mitigation?

If the victim had been one of my relatives I'd be very tempted to get some
of my family and "greet" the cyclist when he came out of prison.

That's very charitable.

Boo hoo. Grow a pair.

B2003

Old February 14th 12, 07:55 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]

"Mrcheerful" wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-13647541

"During mitigation, Lewis Power QC said Lambeth had suffered psychotic
symptoms, including hearing voices in his head since 2001 and had not been
taking his medication."

Since when has being a psychotic nutter who can't be bothered to take his
medication been mitigation?

If the victim had been one of my relatives I'd be very tempted to get some
of my family and "greet" the cyclist when he came out of prison.

That's very charitable.

Presumably Boltar would be equally happy with similar welcoming
committees for the hundred-odd blameless cyclists killed by negligent
drivers every year? Except, of course, that the drivers almost never
suffer even the briefest time in prison, or indeed any lasting
personal inconvenience beyond the time the car is in the body shop.

Guy
--
Guy Chapman, http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
The usenet price promise: all opinions are guaranteed
Old February 14th 12, 08:13 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 14/02/2012 15:51, d wrote:

wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-13647541

"During mitigation, Lewis Power QC said Lambeth had suffered psychotic
symptoms, including hearing voices in his head since 2001 and had not been
taking his medication."

Since when has being a psychotic nutter who can't be bothered to take his
medication been mitigation?

Equally, did his self-proclaimed lack of rationality influence his transport
choice?

If the victim had been one of my relatives I'd be very tempted to get some
of my family and "greet" the cyclist when he came out of prison.

There is special providence in the fall of a sparrow. If it be now, 'tis not
to come; if it be not to come, it will be now; if it be not now, yet it will
come — the readiness is all.

Let's all be honest.

However civilised and non-violent we like to think ourselves, if we heard
that the thug had had a good spanking (in or out of prison), would we be
dismayed?

Old February 14th 12, 08:14 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-13647541

"During mitigation, Lewis Power QC said Lambeth had suffered psychotic
symptoms, including hearing voices in his head since 2001 and had not been
taking his medication."

Since when has being a psychotic nutter who can't be bothered to take his
medication been mitigation?

If the victim had been one of my relatives I'd be very tempted to get some
of my family and "greet" the cyclist when he came out of prison.

That's very charitable.

Presumably Boltar would be equally happy with similar welcoming
committees for the hundred-odd blameless cyclists killed by negligent
drivers every year? Except, of course, that the drivers almost never

....commit their knaveries wilfully.

Unlike that killer thug cyclist.

Old February 14th 12, 08:23 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-13647541

"During mitigation, Lewis Power QC said Lambeth had suffered psychotic
symptoms, including hearing voices in his head since 2001 and had not been
taking his medication."

Since when has being a psychotic nutter who can't be bothered to take his
medication been mitigation?

If the victim had been one of my relatives I'd be very tempted to get some
of my family and "greet" the cyclist when he came out of prison.

That's very charitable.

Presumably Boltar would be equally happy with similar welcoming
committees for the hundred-odd blameless cyclists killed

The cyclists are not blameless. They chose to use a child's toy as
transport.

University
Old February 15th 12, 08:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Feb 14, 2:31*pm, NorthWalesYorkie
wrote:

No such thing as road tax as has already been explained to you. Any
zero emission vehicle is exempt from VED, whether it's a bike or a
car.

Your ignorance and stupidity are breathtaking.

You have Cheerless down to a tee.
Anyway, I am glad that he has resurfaced from the swamp as his granny
killing truck driver hero is about to be tried.

--
Simon Mason