Big Disappointment: Polar S720i Heart Rate Monitor

Old September 14th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
R Brickston

Default France and the French was Big Disappointment: Polar S720i Heart Rate Monitor

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 06:41:48 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

"R Brickston" rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@ wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 06:45:18 GMT, Bill Baka wrote:

From my scientific point of view, which apparently puts all here to
shame, there actually could be interwoven parallel universes with
completely different rules and the explanation for ghosts might just be
a little 'bleed through'.

See, what have I been telling you? This is where Planet Baka must be
located. Is Billy a ghost or just a nutjob with internet access?

Brickston, you are funny as hell, but you have a cruel streak too.

Cruel streak? Can't be done, Ed, usenet is just words on a screen from
strangers. That said, one can like, dislike another's writing style.
For example, I don't like, hate or dislike Baka because all I can see
are the words he produces, I don't know the guy. Now, his writing I
don't like, but I don't get all shook up about it.

Sure, it looks like I'm "unmerciful," but all Baka gets out of that is
one total stranger's words on his screen. That shouldn't be something
that evokes emotions. Example, Baka more or less claims "I can kick
your ass, Brickston!" (repeatedly, I might add), but can he? Of course
not, the words he writes cannot harm anyone and I play with that he
doesn't get it (nor will he ever, apparently).

Bottom line is the only person that can be cruel to the reader is the
reader him or herself.

Bill Baka
should not kill file you as you provide a valuable down to earth sort of
reality. Even I need this from time to time.

Bill Baka and I are in the wild blue yonder much of the time. That is
because we are artists and one thought will always lead to another. This is
not really so bad as it gives the constricted and the constipated something
to mull over. Show some mercy occasionally. It takes courage to lay it all
out like Bill Baka and I do.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Well, Ed, I get your writing, I don't think a lot of people do,
because its Whoooosh! over their heads, missing the finer subtleties
and they then take it too personally. You have writing craft, Baka,
otoh, is no comparison (not even on the same planet).
Old September 14th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Bill Baka

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Bill Baka" wrote in message

Not the next lines
Animals other than men are sensual creatures and of course can have
feelings, but truly they cannot conceptualize like we humans can.
Communication is not speech. Speech requires language which only we humans
have.

A really great sociological experiment would be to raise a human child from
birth without any human contact whatsoever.

That kind of experiment would yield a very low I.Q. and the inability to
learn language later since that is what stimulates brain growth.

This is the famous 'wild boy'
kind of thing which all social scientists dream about.

They can just dream.

The best evidence to
date is that such children never become human because of their lack of
language.

I.E. lack of brain development at an early age where the skull grows to
accommodate the growing brain. After about 12 the damage is done. Young
children have more neurons starving for input that any adult. That is
why there are so many bilingual children that can speak 2 languages
without a second thought.

They do have rudimentary feelings just as other animals do but
they cannot think.

They can think as a human but since they can not speak or read their
educational inputs are limited.
They appear severely retarded and this can never be
overcome. No talking, comprehension, or reading and writing. Not
retardation as such.

By the way, this is the forbidden experiment and no social scientist can
every undertake it without being labeled a monster and a criminal.
[...]

Bill, you are being a realist and practical about it all, but there is
more to it than that for most of the rest of us. You cannot easily
explain away the universal belief of men in spirits and the supernatural.
It all comes from the fear of death of course. Bravado is NEVER any
substitute for this fear, but it makes a good show for others who do not
think deeply on these matters.

From my scientific point of view, which apparently puts all here to shame,
there actually could be interwoven parallel universes with completely
different rules and the explanation for ghosts might just be a little
'bleed through'. Space is infinite and there could be more universes out
so far we would never have a chance to see them or hear their radio
signals. Do you think there is a brick wall 14+ billion light years out?
Infinity is infinite, as in beyond the imaginations of the still primitive
human race.
People are so self centered and limited in imagination.

I know whereof you speak. But all of that is just pie in the sky
speculation. The fact is that we cannot escape our universe since we are
part of it.

It is due to the limited Intelligence of the HUMANS you think are so
superior. We may be as ants to a truly advanced race.

Man everywhere is religious because it is ingrained in his brain. Although I
despise the Muslims, I understand them. They badly need to reform their
religion so as to get into the 2lst century, but it is a pipe dream to think
that men can live without religion. I will defend religion even though I do
not believe because I think most men need it. A man without any religion
frightens me somehow.

Now you are saying I scare you.
Make up your mind.
Bill Baka

Old September 14th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Bill Baka

Edward Dolan wrote:
"R Brickston" rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@ wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 06:45:18 GMT, Bill Baka wrote:

From my scientific point of view, which apparently puts all here to
shame, there actually could be interwoven parallel universes with
completely different rules and the explanation for ghosts might just be
a little 'bleed through'.

See, what have I been telling you? This is where Planet Baka must be
located. Is Billy a ghost or just a nutjob with internet access?

Brickston, you are funny as hell, but you have a cruel streak too. Bill Baka
should not kill file you as you provide a valuable down to earth sort of
reality. Even I need this from time to time.

I kill filed him because he is a living definition of 'Asshole'. He is
not down to earth but should be below it by at least 6". I got this
because YOU answered him.

Bill Baka and I are in the wild blue yonder much of the time. That is
because we are artists and one thought will always lead to another. This is
not really so bad as it gives the constricted and the constipated something
to mull over. Show some mercy occasionally. It takes courage to lay it all
out like Bill Baka and I do.

I just live and do not self pity. That he will never understand.

Old September 14th 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
R Brickston

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 16:36:11 GMT, Bill Baka wrote:

Edward Dolan wrote:
"R Brickston" rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@ wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 06:45:18 GMT, Bill Baka wrote:

From my scientific point of view, which apparently puts all here to
shame, there actually could be interwoven parallel universes with
completely different rules and the explanation for ghosts might just be
a little 'bleed through'.
See, what have I been telling you? This is where Planet Baka must be
located. Is Billy a ghost or just a nutjob with internet access?

Brickston, you are funny as hell, but you have a cruel streak too. Bill Baka
should not kill file you as you provide a valuable down to earth sort of
reality. Even I need this from time to time.

I kill filed him because he is a living definition of 'Asshole'. He is
not down to earth but should be below it by at least 6". I got this
because YOU answered him.

"he is a living definition of 'Asshole'." That really (sniff)...
hurts, Billy. You cruel and heartless *******.

Bill Baka and I are in the wild blue yonder much of the time. That is
because we are artists and one thought will always lead to another. This is
not really so bad as it gives the constricted and the constipated something
to mull over. Show some mercy occasionally. It takes courage to lay it all
out like Bill Baka and I do.

I just live and do not self pity. That he will never understand.
Bill Baka

Billy, you made a typo, let me fix it:

I just lie and do self pity. That he will never understand.
Bill Baka

Old September 17th 06, 01:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"R Brickston" rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@ wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 06:41:48 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

[...]
Brickston, you are funny as hell, but you have a cruel streak too.

Cruel streak? Can't be done, Ed, usenet is just words on a screen from
strangers. That said, one can like, dislike another's writing style.
For example, I don't like, hate or dislike Baka because all I can see
are the words he produces, I don't know the guy. Now, his writing I
don't like, but I don't get all shook up about it.

Yes, the above is my attitude about it too by and large, but words can hurt
on occasion. When I first came on ARBR some 3 years ago, I couldn't believe
how sensitive everyone was. All of those types have long since gone and
those who remain all have the hides of rhinoceroses.

Sure, it looks like I'm "unmerciful," but all Baka gets out of that is
one total stranger's words on his screen. That shouldn't be something
that evokes emotions. Example, Baka more or less claims "I can kick
your ass, Brickston!" (repeatedly, I might add), but can he? Of course
not, the words he writes cannot harm anyone and I play with that he
doesn't get it (nor will he ever, apparently).

Bottom line is the only person that can be cruel to the reader is the
reader him or herself.

Well, there can occasionally be some emotion when exactly the wrong thing
gets said I must admit. But I try never to get riled about anything. Name
calling is useless and has no effect on me whatsoever, but I can be gotten
to if and when anyone ever gets my character figured out.
[...]