Usenet is fatally flawed according to Ed Dolan the Great

Old November 3rd 07, 06:12 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

Default Usenet is fatally flawed according to Ed Dolan the Great

"gotbent" wrote in message
.. .

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Tom Keats wrote:
In article . com,
JimmyMac writes:

Ed insults me for the very same reason that he
insults others here, for the purpose of making one disappear.

Maybe you should forego your recumbents and get back
involved with real bikes....

Nice troll.

I believe that Jim McNamara also rides upright bicycles. Correct?

When did ignorance of biology become a "family value"?

Does Jimmy soften his saddle with linseed oil? We hear that he has gallons
of the stuff.

Jesus Christ God Almighty and the Freaking Holy Ghost ... do not bring back
that episode here on ARBR or who knows, even the Devil himself (Ed Gin) may
be back! Let sleeping dogs lie!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great
aka

Old November 6th 07, 01:24 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

On Nov 3, 6:40 am, "gotbent" wrote:
"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

Tom Keats wrote:
In article . com,
JimmyMac writes:

Ed insults me for the very same reason that he
insults others here, for the purpose of making one disappear.

Maybe you should forego your recumbents and get back
involved with real bikes....

Nice troll.

I believe that Jim McNamara also rides upright bicycles. Correct?

When did ignorance of biology become a "family value"?

Does Jimmy soften his saddle with linseed oil? We hear that he has gallons
of the stuff.

Getbent gotbent. In fact, I have ridden my recumbetn only ne m

Old November 6th 07, 01:28 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

On Nov 3, 6:40 am, "gotbent" wrote:
"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

Tom Keats wrote:
In article . com,
JimmyMac writes:

Ed insults me for the very same reason that he
insults others here, for the purpose of making one disappear.

Maybe you should forego your recumbents and get back
involved with real bikes....

Nice troll.

I believe that Jim McNamara also rides upright bicycles. Correct?

When did ignorance of biology become a "family value"?

Does Jimmy soften his saddle with linseed oil? We hear that he has gallons
of the stuff.

Getbet gotbent. In fact, I've ridden 5500 miles ridden since March...
1187 on my recumbent and rest (the majority) on my upright (real
bike).

Jim McNamara

Old November 6th 07, 08:40 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

On Nov 2, 2:39 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Nov 1, 4:45 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

groups.com...

On Oct 28, 9:56 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Alone, but never lonely!

Yeah ... you have your Willy or your Peter (whatever you call it) to
keep you company. You are alone because no one can tolerate you.

Here is Jimbo showing his true colors. He is really not any different
than
Ed Gin, the criminal vandal troll who destroyed ARBR. His genteel manner
is
only a mask for his essential vulgarity.
[...]

Opinion stated as facl. Ed Dloan just can't take a joke. I guess
when you are Dolan's age, your short term memory fails you or the
misogynist would surely recall the vulgarity that he has spewed at
various female members that have since departed ARBR, not that the
male gender has been spared his vulgarity, mind you.

Any vulgarity I have ever directed to anyone, male or female, has been
richly deserved.

Many of the former women posters to these cycling newgroups have been truly
digusting and a disgrace to womankind. One thing is for sure, I do not
believe there has ever been a single lady on any of these cycling
newsgroups. Hey, I treat a lady like a lady and a tramp like a tramp. I know
that some of you misdirected cretins go just the opposite of that, but that
is your mistake, not mine.

Only truly vulgar folks resort to sexual innuendo. It is ALWAYS the mark of
a cad. It is why Jim McNamara (and Perry Butler of Fergus Falls, Minnesota)
are cads and why Tom Sherman is NOT a cad. Of course, it would behoove all
of you to become more like me, a paragon of virtue and Saintliness.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great
aka

An erroneous belief that is held in the face of evidence to the
contrary is a comforting thing. Its called delusion ... the mind-
numbing opiate of the Minnesota hermit.

Old November 6th 07, 08:42 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

On Nov 3, 4:42 am, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article . com,
JimmyMac writes:

Ed insults me for the very same reason that he
insults others here, for the purpose of making one disappear.

No.

It's to make us think about what we're doing and saying.
Which is, in a word: nothing of substance. Just a bunch
of the same old predictable, circular razmatazz.

Think about it.

A keyboard is a pretty crummy interface to the real world.

A bicycle is a pretty good interface to the real world.

(A pair of feet is even better in some respects.)

Anyways, you obviously haven't disappeared yet, despite
your perceived notions of Ed trying to annihilate you
and "make you disappear."

Maybe you should forego your recumbents and get back
involved with real bikes. And ride them. Get away
from the 'puter -- in fact, maybe just turn it off.

And relax a little. Breathe air instead of bytes.
Eat food instead of Usenet posts. Go somewhere real
instead of cybereal. Get your hands dirty. Eat a peach.
Know what you are, who you are, where you are going, and
don't let the Ed Dolans of the world get you down. Use
'em to raise you up.

cheers,
Tom

--
"Silently falling ..."
-- Chris Squire/Fish Out of Water

Old November 6th 07, 09:38 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

JimmyMac writes:

Ed insults me for the very same reason that he
insults others here, for the purpose of making one disappear.

No.

It's to make us think about what we're doing and saying.

Personally I don't think that Dolan is in a position to offer much in
the way of anything worthwhile in that respect. I have yet to feel
inspired of even challenged his "insightful wisdom" and I certainly
don't value the man's opinion.

Which is, in a word: nothing of substance. Just a bunch
of the same old predictable, circular razmatazz.

S,o then you agree that what Ed Dolan has to offer is little more than
the same old banal, recycled and regurgitated inane gibberish.

Think about it.

A keyboard is a pretty crummy interface to the real world.

Agreed. In this regard, I once wrote ... for Ed Dolan, the computer
and the Internet are merely tools that fill a social void. By his own
admission, Ed lives detached in reclusive solitude, devoid of real-
life interpersonal relationships. Absorbed in his own wayward drama,
Internet forums have become Ed's cyberspace playpen and serve as
ersatz social interaction that only momentarily disrupts his otherwise
self-sequestered isolation.

Trust me, Ed Dolan is not my role model and this will never become in
my future.

A bicycle is a pretty good interface to the real world.

And, a mobile one too.

(A pair of feet is even better in some respects.)

Yep, things pass by less quickly and consequently can be absorbed and
appreciated more.

Anyways, you obviously haven't disappeared yet, despite
your perceived notions of Ed trying to annihilate you
and "make you disappear."

I may disappear though as this is arguably a waste of time and
energy.

Maybe you should forego your recumbents and get back
involved with real bikes. And ride them. Get away
from the 'puter -- in fact, maybe just turn it off.

You must not have seen my reply in this regard, but I suspect that I
have ridden my bike more than many on this forum in the past 8 months
(5500 miles... 1186 on my recumbent and 4314 on my "real bike").

My "REAL BIKE" specifications:

Frame - Spectrum Cycles/Merlin 60.5cm titanium

Component Group - Shimano Dura-Ace 10-spd

Brake calipers - Ciamillo Zero Gravity 0G-07 Ti

Crankset - FC-R700 Compact (175mm)

Chainrings - 50-34

Cassette - 12-23

Chain - Wippermnan (Connex 10S8)

Pedals - Shimano Dura-Ace (PD-7810)

Wheelset - Mavic Kysrium SSC SL S3 (clincher)

Fork - Reynolds UL (43mm rake)

Headset - Chris King w/matching Chris King precision headset spacers
and stem cap (pewter)

Handlebar Stem - Deda Elementi Zero100 Servizio Corse (120mm, Dark
Metal Polish)

Handlebar - Deda Elementi Newton 31, anatomic (44cm, Dark Metal
Polish)

Seatpost - Thompson Masterpiece (31.6mm)

Saddle - Selle Italia PROlink light Gel Flow (black),

Tires/Tubes - Hutchinson Fusion Comp clinchers (700x23 w/gray stripe)

Bar Tape - Cinelli cork (black)

Ceramic Bearing Upgrades - Full Speed Ahead (CeramicSpeed) for
wheelset and Velo Carbon Racing Components bottom bracket and
derailleur pulleys

I trust that you will agree that a bike of this quality approaching
$7000 constitutes a "real bike" and the miles that I've ridden are
indicative of someone who devotes a significant amount of time in the
saddle and away from the computer upon which I still do spend entirely
too much time.

And relax a little. Breathe air instead of bytes.
Eat food instead of Usenet posts. Go somewhere real
instead of cybereal. Get your hands dirty. Eat a peach.
Know what you are, who you are, where you are going, and
don't let the Ed Dolans of the world get you down. Use
'em to raise you up.

I have to say that this is mostly good advise except for that last
part maybe about Ed Dolan raising me up although I have to admit, the
depths to which he has sunk is uplifting in its own right. In this
regard, I once wrote ... It must really suck to be head swollen ...
HEAD Dolan. With no one allegedly worthy of his companionship, the
reclusive, sanctimonious hermit has little more than ARBR from which
to derive meaning in his life. Usenet newsgroups (particularly ARBR)
has assumed an exaggerated prominence in his hierarchical order of
relevance and emerged as the source from which Ed garners his sense of
accomplishment and self-esteem. Regardless of his expressed opinion
of the readership, without the lifeblood of the Usenet newsgroup
audience to sustain him, Ed Dolan has nothing and is nothing. What a
pathetic, shallow existence. Pity the cantankerous, misguided
troglodyte.

Rest assured that I do breathe real air, eat real food, go places
real, enjoy getting my hands dirty and didn't take all of that so
literally as not to read the message embedded between the lines and
appreciate your concern. Do not misinterpret what that I have
written. Know that I am comfortable with what and who I am and with
the direction in which I am headed. Know too that, try as they may,
the Ed Dolan's and Mike Vandeman's of the world do not, cannot and
will not ever define what and who I am.

I wish I were in California right about now. The raw weather here in
Chicago this time of year is not conducive to riding. - Jim McNamara

cheers,
Tom

Old November 6th 07, 10:06 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

On Nov 2, 3:09 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Oct 28, 9:56 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

[...]
Jim is strictly a beer drinker like all low class folks from Chicagoland.

If one is going to be class consciousness, one should first get
some... class that is. What we have here is a typical reply
stereotyping an entire group of people with a conclusion that does not
follow from the premise. Class and the type of alcohol consumed or
not consumed have no significant relationship or correlation, but that
didn't hinder Dolan from running his mouth about that which he knows
preciously little. And, I am not strictly a beer drinker and
asserting that I am does not alter reality.

You would have to have been a hospital corpsman in the Navy for 4 years and
have had to deal with drunken sailors to know what I am talking about. These
guys all got stinking drunk as skunks on beer every god damn ****ing
weekend. They did not even know what wine was, let alone a good whiskey. A
more egregious band of louts you would never want to meet this side of Hell.

Furthermore, everyone in the world knows that Chicago and its hinterland is
a land of beer drinking louts just as is the enlisted military of all the
services (not just the Navy). New Yorkers have some class. I have never
heard of anyone from Chicago having any class. Hells Bells, every time Jim
McNamara (and Ed Gin, etc.) post to these honorable cycling newsgroups we
bear witness to just this fact. Yea, they are low class slobs who only know
how to drink beer and make sexual innuendoes when backed into a corner.

What we have here is another sterling example of Ed Dolan's
slanderous, farcical broad brush stereotyping of all who reside in a
particular geographical area. I guess I have to repeat myself so that
my message can seep into the thick skull of this doddering old dolt .
I enjoy some other forms of alcohol other than beer, but can't recall
the last time I was drunk. Consumption to excess does not constitute
enjoyment for me. Does this mean that by Ed's requisites I must now
have to vacate the Chicago hinterland???

Tom Sherman, even though I believe he does live in the Chicago hinterland,
does not fall into the above class of human being. He spent a boyhood in the
lovely state of Wisconsin and this has saved him from a fate worse than
death.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great
aka

Old November 6th 07, 10:13 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

On Nov 3, 5:29 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Tom Keats" wrote in message

In article . com,
JimmyMac writes:

[...]

The trouble with so many on these newsgroups is that they actually take this
**** seriously. I am having a good laugh every time I read and answer a
post. If I weren't I would be long gone.

You said it best sometime ago when you said screw ego! The trouble is that
types like Jim McNamara can never do that. He is mired in eternal
adolescence where his self image depends on what others think and say about
him. I left that world behind over 55 years ago.

Learning come from repetition so why then does not Ed Dlaon lear form
repetition? OK ... One more time ... try as they may, the Ed Dolan's
and Mike Vandeman's of the world do not, cannot and will not ever
define what and who I am. Let me make it even more clear for you by
repeating what I have said countless times before. Your opinion
matters not, because you matter not. Now could not have said that any
more plainly?

Keep up the good work there on the docks of rancid old Vancouver in soggy
old British Columbia. Xmas is coming and we would be lost without all that
good **** coming from China.

Speaking of eating peaches ...

No! I am not Prince Hamlet, nor was meant to be;
Am an attendant lord, one that will do
To swell a progress, start a scene or two,
Advise the prince; no doubt, an easy tool,
Deferential, glad to be of use,
Politic, cautious, and meticulous;
Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse;
At times, indeed, almost ridiculous--
Almost, at times, the Fool.

I grow old ... I grow old ...
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.

Shall I part my hair behind? Do I dare to eat a peach?
I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.

I do not think that they will sing to me.

I have seen them riding seaward on the waves
Combing the white hair of the waves blown back
When the wind blows the water white and black.
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.

- The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T. S. Eliot (excerpt)

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great
aka

Old November 7th 07, 12:43 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Tom Sherman[_2_]

JimmyMac aka Jim McNamara wrote:
What we have here is another sterling example of Ed Dolan's
slanderous, farcical broad brush stereotyping of all who reside in a
particular geographical area. I guess I have to repeat myself so that
my message can seep into the thick skull of this doddering old dolt .
I enjoy some other forms of alcohol other than beer, but can't recall
the last time I was drunk. Consumption to excess does not constitute
enjoyment for me. Does this mean that by Ed's requisites I must now
have to vacate the Chicago hinterland???

JimmyMac may not be a drunkard, but as a Chicagoan, I bet he has been on
LSD plenty of times [1]!

[1] Sample LSD trip at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAdDS7ILVYs.

Tradition is the worst rational for action.
Old November 7th 07, 01:07 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
A Muzi

Tom Sherman wrote:
JimmyMac may not be a drunkard, but as a Chicagoan, I bet he has been on
LSD plenty of times [1]!
[1] Sample LSD trip at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAdDS7ILVYs.

Merle Haggard ["We don't take our trips on LSD"] does what? rides down
Astor to Division, jogs over to State, Rush to Chicago then south on
Columbus I suppose? Still not much of a ride as there's no Ravenswood
equivalent over there.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org