This really sucks

Old February 24th 08, 04:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CrunchyChicken

Default This really sucks

Ok so i live in the west island in montreal, so during the winter i cant
go out unicycling cuz there is too much snow, and in october, (the last
month for unicycling), i badly injured my knee and now it is feburary
and it really sucks cuz i miss unicycling and i think i may have lost
my touch, plus on top of that i still don't have the strength in my
knee to push down on the pedal. I miss my unicycle ever so dearly.

--
CrunchyChicken

"90% of unicycling is 100% mental."

or maybe

"90% of unicyclists are 100% mental."
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 24th 08, 04:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniBrier

CrunchyChicken wrote:
Ok so I live in the west island in Montréal, so during the winter I cant
go out unicycling because there is too much snow, and in October, (the
last month for unicycling), I badly injured my knee and now it is
February and it really sucks because I miss unicycling and I think I
may have lost my touch, plus on top of that I still don't have the
strength in my knee to push down on the pedal. I miss my unicycle ever
so dearly.

It does suck; five years ago I was out for three months from a broken
heel. Last summer I did something that irritated my knee that stayed
with me the rest of the season. I'm currently strengthening around the
knee in anticipation of upcoming riding season.

You'll get your touch back in time; I'd spend the time getting the
strength and condition back before getting back on too soon and
re-injuring the knee.

--
UniBrier

Steve

Hop Drop & Roll

“If something is to hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just
stick that guitar in the closet next to your
shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go
inside and watch TV.” – Homer
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 24th 08, 04:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
BurnerDave

Hey Crunchy! We have the same stuff here in Ottawa... but look on the
bright side... only 3 more weeks and the pavement starts to show up
again and you'll be riding up and down Mount Royal!!

--
BurnerDave

Dave

This is me, this is my video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=cz62gzgdGos
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 24th 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ridingwithscissors

CrunchyChicken wrote:
i badly injured my knee and now it is feburary and it really sucks cuz
i miss unicycling and i think i may have lost my touch, plus on top of
that i still don't have the strength in my knee to push down on the
pedal.

I've accepted this as something that will inevitably happen to me now
and again. Out of 7 months of riding, about 3 of those have been taken
up by knee injuries.

--
ridingwithscissors

*o* unicycle for earth *o*

habbywall wrote:
ridingwithscissors is officially dumb.

vanpaun wrote:
evil spelling nazi

http://www.usenet.com
Old February 24th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ridethelobster2008

CrunchyChicken wrote:
Ok so i live in the west island in montreal, so during the winter i cant
go out unicycling cuz there is too much snow, and in october, (the last
month for unicycling), i badly injured my knee and now it is feburary
and it really sucks cuz i miss unicycling and i think i may have lost
my touch, plus on top of that i still don't have the strength in my
knee to push down on the pedal. I miss my unicycle ever so dearly.

Eric in Sask is, I think, the expert in winter driving. Any
physiotherapists out there?
"Bad Knee" Dockrill
Best from the right coast.
Sunny today , 0 degrees (?)
William

--
ridethelobster2008

Ride the Lobster: 800 km international unicycle marathon
June 16-20, 2008, Nova Scotia, Canada
www.ridethelobster.com
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 25th 08, 12:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Emile.m

Hello, I live in Montréal too. That's bad to hear, hope you can unicycle
again soon.

I PMed you.

--
Emile.m

Ntappin wrote:

I'm a butcher, and it took me like 10 minutes to get one nub off my
luna.

2nd *)---TreFlip-'O,
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 25th 08, 12:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
legtod2

Sorry about the bad knee crunchy, hope it heals and your up and about
again.

I'd hate to be off my unicycle for any length of time.

Be well soon.

--
legtod2
http://www.usenet.com

UCI sucks [email protected] Racing 0 October 18th 07 10:31 PM
Why Steel sucks Brian Peppers Techniques 40 August 17th 07 05:30 AM
this sucks John Forrest Tomlinson Racing 13 February 15th 07 02:36 PM
URT sucks? Dave Stocker Mountain Biking 32 July 2nd 03 12:16 AM