A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Weather is the dumps

Old February 15th 21, 11:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark cleary
external usenet poster

Default Weather is the dumps

We survived most of December and January in central Illinois without real ugly weather. I managed at least a few rides in January got in 200 miles outside. I think December I was over 650 the February kicks in and..........In the middle of 5-7 icnhes of snow the temp has not been above 10 degrees in seems like 10 days. This is really the craps. Nothing to do on the bikes for maintenance really would just be busy work. Treadmill getting old the trainer is ok but it does not count for riding miles only beer. Being a jazz guitarist one would think I can sit in all day a play. Well even that gets old but the chops are in excellent shape. Can spin through Chick Corea's version of Spain and keep up at least. It could be awhile......
Deacon Mark
Ads
Old February 16th 21, 05:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, February 15, 2021 at 2:50:53 PM UTC-8, Mark cleary wrote:
We survived most of December and January in central Illinois without real ugly weather. I managed at least a few rides in January got in 200 miles outside. I think December I was over 650 the February kicks in and..........In the middle of 5-7 icnhes of snow the temp has not been above 10 degrees in seems like 10 days. This is really the craps. Nothing to do on the bikes for maintenance really would just be busy work. Treadmill getting old the trainer is ok but it does not count for riding miles only beer. Being a jazz guitarist one would think I can sit in all day a play. Well even that gets old but the chops are in excellent shape. Can spin through Chick Corea's version of Spain and keep up at least. It could be awhile......
Deacon Mark

I'm building the gravel bike but sitting around waiting for parts. Think I'll ride today before the rain returns.
Old February 16th 21, 06:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark cleary
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 10:38:54 AM UTC-6, wrote:
We survived most of December and January in central Illinois without real ugly weather. I managed at least a few rides in January got in 200 miles outside. I think December I was over 650 the February kicks in and...........In the middle of 5-7 icnhes of snow the temp has not been above 10 degrees in seems like 10 days. This is really the craps. Nothing to do on the bikes for maintenance really would just be busy work. Treadmill getting old the trainer is ok but it does not count for riding miles only beer. Being a jazz guitarist one would think I can sit in all day a play. Well even that gets old but the chops are in excellent shape. Can spin through Chick Corea's version of Spain and keep up at least. It could be awhile......
Deacon Mark

I'm building the gravel bike but sitting around waiting for parts. Think I'll ride today before the rain returns.

Can you get parts for anything? I would love to buy a groupset of Shimano ultegra or 105 is that happening anywhere in the world?
Deacon Mark
Old February 17th 21, 07:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 9:56:29 AM UTC-8, Mark cleary wrote:
On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 10:38:54 AM UTC-6, wrote:
We survived most of December and January in central Illinois without real ugly weather. I managed at least a few rides in January got in 200 miles outside. I think December I was over 650 the February kicks in and...........In the middle of 5-7 icnhes of snow the temp has not been above 10 degrees in seems like 10 days. This is really the craps. Nothing to do on the bikes for maintenance really would just be busy work. Treadmill getting old the trainer is ok but it does not count for riding miles only beer. Being a jazz guitarist one would think I can sit in all day a play. Well even that gets old but the chops are in excellent shape. Can spin through Chick Corea's version of Spain and keep up at least. It could be awhile......
Deacon Mark

Can you get parts for anything? I would love to buy a groupset of Shimano ultegra or 105 is that happening anywhere in the world?
Deacon Mark

This kind of stuff is pretty available on Craigslist. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bop...275327569.html