Always watch where you are going

Old September 10th 14, 08:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Always watch where you are going

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/nort...ashing-7744828
Old September 10th 14, 09:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NY

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
news
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/nort...ashing-7744828

I presume the cones weren't there at the time of the accident and have only
been added since then. Without them, it's not easy to see that the chain is
there, especially if you've seen the poles from a distance and thought "OK,
it's safe to go between them - the road is clear of pedestrians and will
remain so till I get there" so stop looking quite so closely. I think the
person that put a chain across without (I presume) any warning signs/cones
is largely to blame for creating a dangerous situation. My wife came off her
bike in similar circumstances some years ago when she hit a single piece of
baler twine that a farmer had put across a bridleway / cycle track at the
time of Foot and Mouth (though the restrictions had been lifted by then).
She lost a couple of front teeth but her helmet saved her.

Of course, if the cones *were* there at the time of the accident then
there's no excuse!

Old September 10th 14, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Wed, 10 Sep 2014 08:30:24 +0100, Mrcheerful wrote:

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/nort...arfon-cyclist-

dies-after-crashing-7744828

Thanks for the advice.
Old September 10th 14, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Wed, 10 Sep 2014 09:06:48 +0100, "NY" wrote:

[...]

I was going to say that your post was rubbish.

She lost a couple of front teeth but her helmet saved her.

But then you redeemed yourself.

Old September 10th 14, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

On 10/09/2014 08:30, Mrcheerful wrote:
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/nort...ashing-7744828

http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/video-the-vuelta-punch-up-that-saw-two-riders-thrown-off-the-race/

In the first photo the one in front on the left is clearly not looking
where he is going

I'm surprised you missed this one.

Old September 10th 14, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 10/09/2014 14:37, Nick wrote:
On 10/09/2014 08:30, Mrcheerful wrote:
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/nort...ashing-7744828

http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/video-the-vuelta-punch-up-that-saw-two-riders-thrown-off-the-race/

In the first photo the one in front on the left is clearly not looking
where he is going

I'm surprised you missed this one.

I just thought that it was off topic.
Old September 10th 14, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 10/09/2014 08:30, Mrcheerful wrote:

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/nort...ashing-7744828

Sorry to hear of that tragedy.

Only related in the slightest way possible: "Clwb Beicio Menai"?

This is not a different language, surely?

It looks like a typo coupled with an eth'eth'eth Italianism.
Old September 10th 14, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NY

"JNugent" wrote in message
an eth'eth'eth Italianism.

I always thought that the eth'eth'eth of the "Scorchio" sketches was a
****-take of the lisping sound of *Spanish* (rather than Italian). Perhaps
I've been wrong all these years.

Old September 10th 14, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Malory Towers

JNugent wrote:

On 10/09/2014 08:30, Mrcheerful wrote:

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/nort...ashing-7744828

Sorry to hear of that tragedy.

Only related in the slightest way possible: "Clwb Beicio Menai"?

This is not a different language, surely?

It's Welsh, and would translate to English as "Mena Cycling Club".

It looks like a typo coupled with an eth'eth'eth Italianism.

The Welsh-speakers still love it.

Old September 10th 14, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Wed, 10 Sep 2014 17:47:19 +0100
"NY" wrote:

"JNugent" wrote in message
an eth'eth'eth Italianism.

I always thought that the eth'eth'eth of the "Scorchio" sketches was
a ****-take of the lisping sound of *Spanish* (rather than Italian).
Perhaps I've been wrong all these years.

I'm pretty sure you were right.