What protocol does Shimano di2 uses

Old January 14th 17, 05:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Default What protocol does Shimano di2 uses

On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 6:53:06 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 11:29:58 PM UTC, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 5:21:16 AM UTC-8, ixiz wrote:
On Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 12:05:34 AM UTC-5, Doug Landau wrote:
On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 8:42:04 PM UTC-8, ixiz wrote:
Where can I find more information of what protocol Shimano di2 uses to change gears I would like to add an additional switch so I can change gears at the different hand position

bluetooth

I dont think so - its not wireless

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/sh...-wireless-unit

According to the blurb at that link, the Bluetooth permits the derailleur to send information like cadence to the head unit. It says nothing about two-way communication, such as sending commands wirelessly to the derailleur.. What the OP wants to do is to send commands to the derailleur.

Andre Jute
Electronic chatter is not necessarily a symptom of intelligence

Similarly, the rigidly consistent taking of chatter at face value does not necessarily reveal a lack thereof.

Old January 14th 17, 01:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Does the switch wiring use silicone wires ?
Old January 14th 17, 06:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 4:13:42 AM UTC, Doug Landau wrote:
On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 6:53:06 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:

Electronic chatter is not necessarily a symptom of intelligence

Similarly, the rigidly consistent taking of chatter at face value does not necessarily reveal a lack thereof.

I made a pun on the Shimano acronym Di2, Doug. That's *exactly* not taking chatter at face value, the very opposite in fact.

So what are you on about?

Any event, I wasn't speaking to you, I was speaking past you, as indicated by putting the crack in the tagline to my sig. Come to think of it, Di2 itself contains a further pun, but I'll leave Shimano to explain to you.

Andre Jute
I hate explaining jokes, so I don't
Old January 17th 17, 01:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

I made a pun on the Shimano acronym Di2, Doug. That's *exactly* not taking chatter at face value, the very opposite in fact.

So what are you on about?

Any event, I wasn't speaking to you, I was speaking past you, as indicated by putting the crack in the tagline to my sig. Come to think of it, Di2 itself contains a further pun, but I'll leave Shimano to explain to you.

CHURCH LADY
Oh! Nevermind :-)
/CHURCH LADY

Dining protocol Donald Munro Racing 6 June 21st 07 11:36 PM
MSR top eight, not following protocol Jeff Jones Racing 27 March 26th 07 06:53 PM
FS: NIB Ritchey WCS Protocol rear wheel 700c shimano Scott Robertson Marketplace 0 September 24th 06 11:24 PM
Tabata Protocol? jj General 0 April 2nd 05 04:46 AM
TdF posting protocol? John Mallard UK 5 July 3rd 04 01:25 PM