Bike tunes & songs

Old February 16th 21, 12:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Bike tunes & songs

Speaking of musical things:

I know musical taste is a tremendously individual thing. It's probably
more contentious than helmets or chain lubes.

But this song was just played on our kitchen stereo. It's by Matt
Heaton, an avid cyclist and a very skilled guitarist. It's a sweet tale
of developing and passing on a love of cycling: "Giant of the Road."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg1etMKF3zY

I can't think of too many other bike-related pieces of music. There's
Queen's "Bicycle Race" ; there's Luka Bloom's "The Acoustic Motorbike"

And here's an energetic and poetic description of a bicycle tour (and
much else) by Alex Bevan: "Orion Dancing on the Roof."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3QKydE9K34

Any other bike-related tunes or songs you like?

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old February 16th 21, 05:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark J.

On 2/15/2021 4:49 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Speaking of musical things:

I know musical taste is a tremendously individual thing. It's probably
more contentious than helmets or chain lubes.

But this song was just played on our kitchen stereo. It's by Matt
Heaton, an avid cyclist and a very skilled guitarist. It's a sweet tale
of developing and passing on a love of cycling: "Giant of the Road."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg1etMKF3zY

I can't think of too many other bike-related pieces of music. There's
Queen's "Bicycle Race" ; there's Luka Bloom's "The Acoustic Motorbike"

And here's an energetic and poetic description of a bicycle tour (and
much else) by Alex Bevan: "Orion Dancing on the Roof."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3QKydE9K34

Any other bike-related tunes or songs you like?

Like? Well... Know? There's this - it's hard to find out how old this
really is; I *thought* I heard it in college, but I could be mistaken.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5So8WTrL3H8

Mark Janeba

Old February 16th 21, 07:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Monday, February 15, 2021 at 7:49:30 p.m. UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Speaking of musical things:

I know musical taste is a tremendously individual thing. It's probably
more contentious than helmets or chain lubes.

But this song was just played on our kitchen stereo. It's by Matt
Heaton, an avid cyclist and a very skilled guitarist. It's a sweet tale
of developing and passing on a love of cycling: "Giant of the Road."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg1etMKF3zY

I can't think of too many other bike-related pieces of music. There's
Queen's "Bicycle Race" ; there's Luka Bloom's "The Acoustic Motorbike"

And here's an energetic and poetic description of a bicycle tour (and
much else) by Alex Bevan: "Orion Dancing on the Roof."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3QKydE9K34

Any other bike-related tunes or songs you like?

--
- Frank Krygowski

How could you forget "A Bicycle Built For Two"?
"Daisy, Daisy
Give me your answer do
I'm half crazy
All for the love of you
It won't be a stylish marriage
I can't afford a carriage
But you'll look sweet
Upon the seat
Of a bicycle built for two

Daisy, Daisy
Give me your answer do
I'm half crazy
All for the love of you
We'll spend all our life together
Regardless of the weather
And you'll look sweet
Upon the seat
Of a bicycle built for two

Daisy, Daisy
Give me your answer do
I'm half crazy
All for… "

Cheers
Old February 16th 21, 07:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

Mark J. wrote:
[...]

Not on most people’s top ten lists, but:

Nazareth - My White Bicycle
https://youtu.be/jEpD9RH-Wds

Dukes of Stratosphear (aka XTC) - Bike Ride To The Moon
https://youtu.be/QQGXS4w1jK8

And one for the motorized bicycle crowd, The Fabulous Poodles - Bike Blood
https://youtu.be/uc5mSg2rEiI

Old February 16th 21, 01:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 2/16/2021 1:07 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

Homer, Homer
This is my answer true,
I'd be crazy to marry a man like you.
If you can't afford a carriage
It will be likewise for a marriage.
And I'll be damned
If I'll be jammed
On a bicycle built for two

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old February 16th 21, 03:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

[...]

Ever Changing Moods by The Style Council isn't a song about cycling, but the official video features front man Paul Weller and back-up vocalist Mick Talbot on a training ride through the english country side. The are both riding Raleigh touring bikes, Pauls has suicide brake levers. Paul is wearing a wool Magnaflex/Torpado jersey and Mick is wearing a wool Raleigh/Campagnolo jersey. At one point they attempt to flee what appear to be Homerian Sirens, who turn out to be podium girls at the end. It's sone of those videos that have absolutely nothing to do with the song - which IMHO is a great example of 'Blue Eyed Soul'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmVkOlZFF3Y

Then there's Tour De France by Kraftwerk - a 55 minute full album suite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miWl...7XCLoyIgSUiqiY

As was The John Tesch effort

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrvj...5yE ls3GYn84j

And more current is Handlebars by Flobots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLUX0y4EptA
Old February 16th 21, 05:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 2/16/2021 2:07 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

Good one! Many decades ago, that was sung frequently in our house. It
was one of the few things that would calm our colicky infant.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old February 16th 21, 06:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 2/16/2021 2:10 AM, Ralph Barone wrote:

And one for the motorized bicycle crowd, The Fabulous Poodles - Bike Blood
https://youtu.be/uc5mSg2rEiI

That's a minor thread hijack ;-) But if we're going to accept
motors, this song's a classic: "1952 Vincent Black Lightning" by Richard
Thompson.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0kJdrfzjAg

It's been covered by Del McCoury and probably many others.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7uyG6RrBDE

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old February 16th 21, 06:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 2/16/2021 10:50 AM, wrote:
[...]

I've remembered a couple others. There's this one by James Taylor's
less-well-known brother, who seems to know the cyclist cultu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqQFwHLFLbk

And this hilarious one by another guy who knows bike cultu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn29DvMITu4

Did David Byrne write any bike theme songs? It would seem odd if he didn't.
https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...ryId=113386842

And speaking of culture, I should check out some of these citations:
https://www.wqxr.org/story/12-compos...ured-bicycles/

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old February 16th 21, 08:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 2/16/2021 2:10 AM, Ralph Barone wrote:

And one for the motorized bicycle crowd, The Fabulous Poodles - Bike Blood
https://youtu.be/uc5mSg2rEiI

That's a minor thread hijack ;-) But if we're going to accept
motors, this song's a classic: "1952 Vincent Black Lightning" by Richard
Thompson.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0kJdrfzjAg

It's been covered by Del McCoury and probably many others.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7uyG6RrBDE

It was motorcycle based, but I included it because of the common theme of
being taken out by an inattentive motorist.

driving songs? nah, unicycling songs! cheesedonkey888 Unicycling 6 May 18th 08 06:52 AM
Training Tunes Raptor Racing 154 December 6th 04 11:04 AM
Tyler Tunes. crit pro Racing 34 November 20th 04 04:03 AM
Tyler Tunes. crit pro Racing 0 November 18th 04 12:01 AM
Tunes Corvus Corvax Mountain Biking 21 August 14th 03 02:37 PM