Jail Zuckerberg

Old February 27th 21, 03:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Jail Zuckerberg

On Friday, February 26, 2021 at 8:34:47 PM UTC-5, John B. wrote:
On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 20:12:26 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 2/26/2021 5:54 PM, John B. wrote:
On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 14:05:38 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 2/26/2021 1:36 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/26/2021 12:05 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

"The major failing of the social media is that people with no
experience and no education believe that they have a right to an opinion
as valid as those that do have experience and education."

Yes, they do indeed. You got a problem with that?

Of course everybody has a right to an opinion. But it's nonsense to say
that all opinions are equally valid.

The astonishing fact here is that Tom routinely portrays himself as
having "experience and education" leading to more knowledge than anyone
else, whether he's talking about medicine, history, theology, genetics,
physics, economics, politics, biology, engineering, bicycles or brake
fluid.

All that despite dropping out of high school, getting no post-secondary
education and being unable to hold any one job for more than three years.

I think that perhaps the problem is the definition of "opinion". After
all the dictionary has it that "opinion" is "a personal belief or
judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty".

Based on that interpretation then all opinions are equal in the sense
that "all men are created equal"

Sorry, I can't buy that. For one thing, Jefferson may have written that
all men are _created_ equal, in the sense of their inherent rights. But
I doubt he would have said that all men have equal wisdom, knowledge,
skill, etc.

And based on that, I doubt he would say all opinions are equal. I
believe there are opinions that ought to be judged erroneous even if
absolute disproof is still pending.

In fact, isn't the notion that "my" opinions are better then "your"
opinions because I went to school, or I ride a bicycle, or I'm a
Republican or I'm a Democrat just another way of saying "Well, I'm
better than you because..."?

But I do believe that certain people are better than certain other
people. I'm too conservative to say that what you do or don't do has no
effect on your personal value.

Well, if you want to get into the foibles of the Constitution it is
probably true that when the writers proclaims that "all men are
created equally" they meant only white, Protestant, folks and
certainly not black folks, nor Catholic folk for that matter :-)

And there was enough debate about that to result in actual wording in the constitution the 3/5 compromise.

But as I said, opinions are simply "a personal belief or judgment that
is not founded on proof or certainty" and you are trying to claim that
somehow education or knowledge effects them.

It most certainly does. Your opinion is framed by your life experience. Your education is an integral component of that. Every opinion is valid, the difference is if you can rationally defend it. To that point, kunich and jute has yet to be able to defend any of their opinions rationally. In that context, their opinions (especially those opinions they incorrectly call facts) are of considerably less value than the vast majority of others appearing in this forum. It isn't due to their level of education, but their individual aggregated life experience.

But is it true? I would refer you to the three Abrahamic religions,
all of whom claim to worship the same God and all slaughter each other
in the name of that God.

Again, opinions incorrectly called facts.
Old February 27th 21, 03:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

--
- Frank Krygowski

+1
Old February 27th 21, 03:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

[...]

Better in some ways perhaps, surely lesser in others. There
are a gazillion criteria for 'better'.

Yes, every man may have his own opinion while you are
similarly entitled to your opinion of him and his positions.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old February 27th 21, 06:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

It's certainly true that the fundamental concepts of American democracy
evolved over time. The original idea was not that every Tom, Dick &
Harry should get an equal say. (Let alone Thomasina, Rikki and Harriet.)

I suppose we could discuss which of those changes were beneficial and
which were detrimental.

But as I said, opinions are simply "a personal belief or judgment that
is not founded on proof or certainty" and you are trying to claim that
somehow education or knowledge effects them.

Of course! As an example, say a new comet is sighted in the sky. An
isolated indigenous Amazonian may have an opinion about the comet's
source and composition. So may a trained astrophysicist. There may be
uncertainty in both opinions, but that doesn't mean each is equally valid.

But is it true? I would refer you to the three Abrahamic religions,
all of whom claim to worship the same God and all slaughter each other
in the name of that God.

Even that doesn't prove all opinions are valid. I'd say it better
illustrates that there will always be people who get things wrong.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old February 27th 21, 06:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 2/27/2021 9:04 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/26/2021 7:12 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:

But I do believe that certain people are better than certain
other people. I'm too conservative to say that what you do
or don't do has no effect on your personal value.

Better in some ways perhaps, surely lesser in others. There are a
gazillion criteria for 'better'.

Probably. And I'd say not all criteria are equally valid, or equally
valuable. Society seems to agree even while it quibbles over the details.

"That dude is better than _anyone_ at breaking into bike shops and
stealing bunches of bikes!"

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old February 27th 21, 10:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 10:05:58 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
wrote:

The major failing of the social media is that people with no experience
and no education believe that they have a right to an opinion as valid
as those that do have experience and education.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your
informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
- Harlan Ellison

Look at those morons John, Flunky and clueless Newsless. They claim
I don't know anything about a subject and then when I reply with my
qualification, they say I'm bragging or lying.

Please append my name to the list of those who find both your opinions
and qualifications to be rather dubious. Your inability to
substantiate or corroborate any of you claims or provide sources or
references is sufficient to demonstrate the problem. You've been
caught contriving numbers to suit your agenda several times. You have
never bothered to directly debate these matters. Usually, you just
change the subject. 40 acres for the average farm size is one example
that comes to mind.

Even Jeff who claims to be in the engineering game is saying things
so far out of line that I have grave doubts for him.

"Out of line"? What line? What things? What doubts?

Incidentally, your new resume looks much better but still could use
some cleanup:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/tom-kunich-22012/

Perhaps fill in some detail on what you did at Diablo Research. Diablo
was allegedly purchased by Cadence Design Systems in Jan 1999
according to the link your provided:
https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/diablo-research-co-llc
Yet, the Wikipedia entry for Cadence does not show the aquisition of
Diablo. What happened?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadence_Design_Systems#Acquisitions
The Jan 1999 date is probably wrong as announcements were released in
Nov 1999. Maybe include something about the RF/wireless design stuff
that Diablo was doing.
https://www.eetimes.com/cadence-to-buy-diablo-research-to-expand-design-services-in-wireless-arena/#
Seventeen-year-old Diablo is expected to complement
Cadence's services in such areas as Bluetooth and
HomeRF (radio-frequency) technology, as well as new
capabilities in telemetry, global-positioning satellite
(GPS) solutions, and personal wireless products.

No need to thank me.

--
Jeff Liebermann
PO Box 272
Old February 27th 21, 11:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 13:30:26 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

[...]

Digging deeper, I find that Diablo was part of Tality at the time of
purchase. From the Cadence 2001 annual report:
https://www.cadence.com/content/dam/cadence-www/global/en_US/documents/company/investors/annual-reports/annual-report-01.pdf

Pg 36:
Acquired Intangibles Write-Offs
In reaction to the current decline in business conditions
generally and the wireless communications industry in particular,
Cadence restructured certain of its businesses and realigned
resources to focus on profit contribution, high-growth markets
and core opportunities. As a result, Cadence recorded a charge
of $25.8 million in 2001 related to the impairment of goodwill
and acquired intangibles associated with the acquisition of
Diablo (a part of Tality). Key factors in this write-off were
significant downsizing or reassignment of personnel directly
related to these assets and abandonment of most of Diablo's
line of business. The charge was determined as the amount by
which the carrying value of the intangible assets associated
with Diablo's acquisition exceeded the fair value of those
assets.

Pg 70:
Diablo Research Company LLC
In December 1999, Cadence acquired all of the outstanding
stock of Diablo Research Company LLC for $39.9 million in cash
in a transaction accounted for as a purchase. Diablo is a
high-technology engineering services company with expertise
in wireless communication, global positioning satellite
solutions and data transfer and home automation markets.
In connection with the acquisition, Cadence acquired intangibles
of $40.9 million, which are being amortized over three years.
In 2001, Cadence recorded a charge of $25.8 million related
to the impairment of acquired intangibles associated with
Diablo. See "Restructuring, Asset Impairment and Unusual
Items Ì Acquired Intangibles Write-Off."

In other words, Cadence bought Diablo for $39.9 million and maybe 1
year later takes a $25.8 million write-off on the purchase. Since the
economy was in bad shape in 2001, the write-off and layoffs are not
surprising.

I can see now why you left Cadence off the resume.

I just noticed another duplicate entry. You have Tality listed from
Mar 1997 to Dec 2001, as well as Diablo Research 1997 to 2001. Since
Tality owned Diablo, you should probably make these one job instead of
two.

While you're doing damage control, permit me to remind you for the 3rd
or 4th time to change "Windows XT" to "Windows XP" in the
BioElectroMed section. It may seem trivial but to a computah geek
like me, it's sacrilege.

Again, no need to thank me, although it is getting to be a bit of a
time burner researching your former employers.

Old February 28th 21, 12:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Friday, February 26, 2021 at 10:36:51 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/26/2021 12:05 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
"The major failing of the social media is that people

with no experience and no education believe that they have a
right to an opinion as valid as those that do have
experience and education."
Yes, they do indeed. You got a problem with that?

If your argument cannot convince, it may well be a poor
argument or your own technique and manner. It may also be
ignorant stubbornness which you just can't help at any rate.

Such is life.

There is absolutely no way to convince absolute ignorance that they are wrong. Their argument can only be summed in the simple statement "You're wrong". From that point they will spend the next 300 years attacking you for having the temerity of pointing out the truth to them. As to the attacks, I couldn't care less, but they purposely destroy the point of a discussion board with their fruitless and mindless attacks.
Old February 28th 21, 12:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

You keep shying away from the definition of opinion which is "
"opinion" is "a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on
proof or certainty":

And your statement that difference in religious belief illustrates
that "there will always be people who get things wrong" would be,
heresy to a majority of the world's population.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old February 28th 21, 12:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 15:01:32 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
wrote:

[...]

You are absolutely right Tommy Boy and people have been demonstrating
your absolute ignorance and that you are wrong since you first posted
in the Internet.... and yet you continue happily posting ignorant
statements and insulting anyone that demonstrates your errors.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Yet another RLJ goes to jail Alycidon UK 2 September 17th 15 06:36 PM
Drop off and go jail Alycidon UK 1 September 7th 15 09:36 PM
Flandis going to jail? dave a Racing 1 May 21st 10 03:19 AM
Is Ricco still in jail? [email protected] Racing 0 July 30th 08 02:45 PM
Is Ricco still in jail? [email protected] Racing 0 July 30th 08 07:19 AM