Another "invisible" cyclist?

Old November 14th 19, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Another "invisible" cyclist?

On 14/11/2019 09:40, TMS320 wrote:
On 14/11/2019 00:22, JNugent wrote:
On 13/11/2019 20:58, TMS320 wrote:
On 13/11/2019 16:55, JNugent wrote:
On 12/11/2019 20:33, TMS320 wrote:
On 12/11/2019 15:59, JNugent wrote:

Sensible people can only hope that this cyclist is caught
before he can do much more of it.

The bicycle was just his transport and, as usual, nothing was
said about his conduct while using it.

*Really*?

There is none so blind...

And none so desperate to believe that the bicycle is more important
to the story than the person's clothes. (Unless you know more about
it than disclosed in the report. Do share it with us.)

Was/is he a cyclist?

Not relevant to circumstances.

Are you saying that describing a wanted violent criminal is not the
right thing to do?

Alternatively, are you claiming that referring to the criminal's use of
a distinctively minority means of transport (as a firther identifying
factor) is somehow not proper?

Do spill the beans as to how you "think" on these matters.

I asked you to provide more information. Obviously you have none.

Very obviously I have no more information. All any of us (here) know is
that a woman was robbed by a cyclist and that the police want to catch him.

Do you want him to escape or something?

Old November 14th 19, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 14/11/2019 10:27, JNugent wrote:
On 14/11/2019 09:40, TMS320 wrote:
On 14/11/2019 00:22, JNugent wrote:
On 13/11/2019 20:58, TMS320 wrote:
On 13/11/2019 16:55, JNugent wrote:

Was/is he a cyclist?

Not relevant to circumstances.

Are you saying that describing a wanted violent criminal is not the
right thing to do?

Only in your fevered imagination.

Alternatively, are you claiming that referring to the criminal's use of
a distinctively minority means of transport (as a firther identifying
factor) is somehow not proper?

Only in your fevered imagination.
Do spill the beans as to how you "think" on these matters.

I asked you to provide more information. Obviously you have none.

Very obviously I have no more information.

Then you agree that the bicycle is nothing more than an aid to
identification.

Old November 15th 19, 02:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 14/11/2019 22:08, TMS320 wrote:

On 14/11/2019 10:27, JNugent wrote:
On 14/11/2019 09:40, TMS320 wrote:
On 14/11/2019 00:22, JNugent wrote:
On 13/11/2019 20:58, TMS320 wrote:
On 13/11/2019 16:55, JNugent wrote:

Was/is he a cyclist?

Not relevant to circumstances.

Are you saying that describing a wanted violent criminal is not the
right thing to do?

Only in your fevered imagination.

I never thought you would say it wasn't the right thing to do. I asked
you so that you would have to deny it or confirm by silence.

Alternatively, are you claiming that referring to the criminal's use
of a distinctively minority means of transport (as a firther
identifying factor) is somehow not proper?

Only in your fevered imagination.

I never thought you would say it wasn't the right thing to do. I asked
you so that you would have to deny it or confirm by silence.

Do spill the beans as to how you "think" on these matters.

I asked you to provide more information. Obviously you have none.

Very obviously I have no more information.

Then you agree that the bicycle is nothing more than an aid to
identification.

Isn't that what I said?

All any of us (here) know is that a woman was robbed by a cyclist and
that the police want to catch him.

Do you want him to escape or something?

Only in your fevered imagination.

It's hard to be 100% sure you want him caught. I'd like to be certain of
it, but...

Old November 15th 19, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 15/11/2019 01:54, JNugent wrote:
On 14/11/2019 22:08, TMS320 wrote:
On 14/11/2019 10:27, JNugent wrote:
On 14/11/2019 09:40, TMS320 wrote:
On 14/11/2019 00:22, JNugent wrote:

Was/is he a cyclist?

Not relevant to circumstances.

Are you saying that describing a wanted violent criminal is not the
right thing to do?

Only in your fevered imagination.

I never thought you would say it wasn't the right thing to do. I asked
you so that you would have to deny it or confirm by silence.

I only replied to say a story about a mugging is irrelevant to a group
about cycling. Your question is also irrelevant; you should put it to a
law and order group.

Very obviously I have no more information.

Then you agree that the bicycle is nothing more than an aid to
identification.

Isn't that what I said?

You did. Only incidental to insisting that a mugging has some relevance
to a cycling group.
Old November 15th 19, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 15/11/2019 08:42, TMS320 wrote:
On 15/11/2019 01:54, JNugent wrote:
On 14/11/2019 22:08, TMS320 wrote:
On 14/11/2019 10:27, JNugent wrote:
On 14/11/2019 09:40, TMS320 wrote:
On 14/11/2019 00:22, JNugent wrote:

Was/is he a cyclist?

Not relevant to circumstances.

Are you saying that describing a wanted violent criminal is not the
right thing to do?

Only in your fevered imagination.

I never thought you would say it wasn't the right thing to do. I asked
you so that you would have to deny it or confirm by silence.

I only replied to say a story about a mugging is irrelevant to a group
about cycling. Your question is also irrelevant; you should put it to a
law and order group.

The description was given in a newspaper and on its website.

There was a clue in the story as written (you have chosen to excise the
link).

Very obviously I have no more information.

Then you agree that the bicycle is nothing more than an aid to
identification.

Isn't that what I said?

You did. Only incidental to insisting that a mugging has some relevance
to a cycling group.

So when are you going to intervene in Mason's posts about motoring offences?

Old November 16th 19, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 15/11/2019 12:51, JNugent wrote:

The description was given in a newspaper and on its website.

It was. And to anybody with intelligence higher than their shoe size, it
was a description of a mugging.

There was a clue in the story as written (you have chosen to excise the
link).

Well, posts don't evaporate the moment after you have read them.

So when are you going to intervene in Mason's posts about motoring
offences?

Offences committed by motorists are often relevant. After all, cyclists
have to put up with their incompetence.

Besides, when stupid people insist that a mugging is cycling related, it
is easy to tolerate "motorist" matters getting thrown back in their
face. SM's posts are fine by me.
Old November 16th 19, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 16/11/2019 11:15, TMS320 wrote:

On 15/11/2019 12:51, JNugent wrote:

The description was given in a newspaper and on its website.

It was. And to anybody with intelligence higher than their shoe size, it
was a description of a mugging...

....by a criminal who arrived and departed on a bicycle.

There was a clue in the story as written (you have chosen to excise
the link).

Well, posts don't evaporate the moment after you have read them.

They do here (settings).

So when are you going to intervene in Mason's posts about motoring
offences?

Offences committed by motorists are often relevant. After all, cyclists
have to put up with their incompetence.

Everyone, pedestrians and licensed roar-users alike, feels the effects
of the incompetence, criminality and sometimes malice of cyclists. See
the post yesterday about pedestrian crossing lights. Think back to some
of the cases reported recently in the media.

But you are excelling yourself here - being a violent street robber is a
marker of competence on the part of a cyclist, is it?

Besides, when stupid people insist that a mugging is cycling related, it
is easy to tolerate "motorist" matters getting thrown back in their
face. SM's posts are fine by me.

Offences committed by cyclists are always relevant. After all, it is a
minority means of transport and therefore an aid to identification.
Old November 16th 19, 02:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 16/11/2019 11:38, JNugent wrote:

But you are excelling yourself here - being a violent street robber is a
marker of competence on the part of a cyclist, is it?

Well, it's the entire thrust of the argument you and Cheerful put
forward for "relevance" to cycling.
Old November 16th 19, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at 8:29:06 PM UTC, TMS320 wrote:
On 12/11/2019 13:45, Simon Mason wrote:
Yet they claim that cyclists are not visible in the dark.

Wouldn't it be better to continue to take the mickey out of drivers that
complain about seeing unlit cyclists?

I have done that he
QUOTE:
"The invisible cyclist was wearing dark green trousers, a dark blue jacket, dark red socks, dark brown shoes, a dark grey hat and he had Sennheiser earpieces in."
Old November 16th 19, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 16/11/2019 13:05, TMS320 wrote:

On 16/11/2019 11:38, JNugent wrote:

But you are excelling yourself here - being a violent street robber is
a marker of competence on the part of a cyclist, is it?

Well, it's the entire thrust of the argument you and Cheerful put
forward for "relevance" to cycling.

That is sheer nonsense.