Scum attacks cyclist who stopped for pedestrian

Old November 14th 19, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Scum attacks cyclist who stopped for pedestrian

QUOTE:
"This is the moment an angry van passenger hurled rubbish at a cyclist after he stopped to let a pedestrian cross a road.

Web developer John Peden was cycling through Urmston last week when he stopped to let someone use a zebra crossing.

The 32-year-old claims the driver van behind him was clearly irritated at this decision and overtook him seconds later, going onto the opposite side of the road to do so.

But married John was stunned when a projectile was launched at him from the passenger seat of the vehicle.

In the footage, captured on his bike’s rear-facing dashcam during the commute on November 7, an irate man can be seen coming right out of the window with an aggressive look on his face before the white item, which appears to be a disposable coffee cup, shatters on the road.

John, from Urmston, said: “I stopped at a pedestrian crossing to let someone across."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...mston-17249200
Old November 14th 19, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 14/11/2019 12:29, Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

I've just been into town and back. On the return journey, I was
following a cyclist up a fairly steep hill. Despite being Lycra-clad,
wearing a helmet and hunched down over his trendy dropped-handlebars, he
actually wasn't going all that fast - maybe a little more than 15 mph.

I was thinking about overtaking him when a suitable opportunity arose
(this an A-road) with a fair amount of traffic onit), when a pelicon
crossing some way ahead of both of us turned red. The cyclist was about
thirty yards from the stop line by the time the lights cycled through to
red. I was about the same distance behind him and I had, of course,
immediately released the accelerator pedal in order to coast to a halt
on that slope, wasting no fuel.

Now... did that cyclist stop and allow the lady who had pushed the
button to cross?

What do you think?

For the avoidance of doubt, the cyclist did not stop. he ploughed
straight through the red light, hindering the pedestrian from even
stepping across the kerb. She had seen him coming and obviously knew
what to expect. Or perhaps that ought to be "what not to expect". I saw
her roll her eyes in resigned annoyance.

Go on (TMS320 and the rest of the usual suspects), insist that:

(a) the cyclist did nothing wrong, or

(b) it was the pedestrian's own fault, or

(c) he wasn't a cyclist anyway (that one's becoming more popular among
the usual suspects).

Or perhaps all three?
Old November 14th 19, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Thursday, November 14, 2019 at 2:28:01 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
[...]

Congratulations, day release is the first step. Next time you may be allowed out for an entire weekend if you think you can handle the real world.

Old November 14th 19, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 14/11/2019 14:27, JNugent wrote:

For the avoidance of doubt, the cyclist did not stop. he ploughed
straight through the red light, hindering the pedestrian from even
stepping across the kerb. She had seen him coming and obviously knew
what to expect. Or perhaps that ought to be "what not to expect". I saw
her roll her eyes in resigned annoyance.

Go on (TMS320 and the rest of the usual suspects), insist that:

I have told you before that you have no right to comment about cyclists
when you are sitting behind a windscreen. Your choice is more dangerous.

Old November 15th 19, 03:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 14/11/2019 22:32, TMS320 wrote:

On 14/11/2019 14:27, JNugent wrote:

For the avoidance of doubt, the cyclist did not stop. he ploughed
straight through the red light, hindering the pedestrian from even
stepping across the kerb. She had seen him coming and obviously knew
what to expect. Or perhaps that ought to be "what not to expect". I
saw her roll her eyes in resigned annoyance.

Go on (TMS320 and the rest of the usual suspects), insist that:

(a) the cyclist did nothing wrong, or

(b) it was the pedestrian's own fault, or

(c) he wasn't a cyclist anyway (that one's becoming more popular among
the usual suspects).

Or perhaps all three?

I have told you before that you have no right to comment about cyclists
when you are sitting behind a windscreen. Your choice is more dangerous.

There we have it.

TMS320, exactly as foretold, refuses to condemn straightforward
law-breaking by chav cyclists, danger and inconvenience to pedestrians
notwithstanding.

Thank you for confirming it.

And you are even mad enough to "think" that a driver obeying the law,
stopping for pedestrians and being courteous is somehow being
"dangerous" while a chav cyclist breaking every law in the book and
showing no consideration for anyone but himself is not a problem.

Two obvious "thought" patterns of yours confirmed in one go.
Old November 15th 19, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 15/11/2019 02:07, JNugent wrote:
On 14/11/2019 22:32, TMS320 wrote:

I have told you before that you have no right to comment about
cyclists when you are sitting behind a windscreen. Your choice is more
dangerous.

There we have it.

Yes, it's a fact.

Whatever the law says you can or can't do.
Old November 15th 19, 01:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 15/11/2019 08:42, TMS320 wrote:

On 15/11/2019 02:07, JNugent wrote:
On 14/11/2019 22:32, TMS320 wrote:

I have told you before that you have no right to comment about
cyclists when you are sitting behind a windscreen. Your choice is
more dangerous.

There we have it.

Yes, it's a fact.

Whatever the law says you can or can't do.

Which law, statute, rule of nature or opinion of an idiot says that I
may not comment on the law-breaking of typical chav cyclists?
Old November 15th 19, 02:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Thursday, November 14, 2019 at 12:29:53 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

If you watch the video of the object being thrown by the chav out of the van's window, you can see his poor grasp of physics as the glass breaks harmlessly out of the cyclist's way. This reminds me of a similar attack when another chav in a car threw a bottle at me, AFTER he had passed by and it flew AWAY from me at 30mph.

What is it with thick chavs littering the roads with their detritus? You only have to look at motorway verges to see tonnes of trash and I don't mean the vehicular occupants!
Old November 15th 19, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 15/11/2019 13:21, Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

No-one has ever thrown a bottle at me, irrespective of my mode of
transport from time to time. And yes, I have ridden bikes extensively,
in the past. Nowadays, not so much.

But I wonder why our experiences have been so different?
Old November 15th 19, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Friday, November 15, 2019 at 1:36:01 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
[...]

In the past I have had bottles and stones thrown at me whilst cycling on the towpath of the Leeds and Liverpool canal. I just shrugged it off because that is what things spawned in Liverpool are taught to do.