Labour pledges £50 a head active travel spend to get England cycling

Old December 5th 19, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default Labour pledges £50 a head active travel spend to get England cycling

On 05/12/2019 01:07, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Peter Keller wrote:
On 04/12/2019 01:01, JNugent wrote:
On 03/12/2019 09:30, Peter Keller wrote:
On 03/12/2019 00:11, JNugent wrote:
On 02/12/2019 09:24, Peter Keller wrote:
On 02/12/2019 09:21, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
"The Labour Party has pledged to spend £50 per head annually on
active travel in England if it wins this month's general
election, promising to make it "one the best countries in the
world for walking and cycling."

The pledge far outstrips the £17 per person per year, rising to
£34 annually by 2025, called for by campaign groups belonging
to the Cycling & Walking Alliance.

In all, Labour says it would spend £7.2 billion a year over the
lifetime of the next parliament in funding active travel in
England (spend on active travel in Scotland, Wales and Northern
Ireland falls within the remit of the devolved administrations
in those countries).

By comparison, the Conservatives have pledged just £350 million
over the next five years, or £70 million a year, if they win
the election; as road.cc contributor Laura Laker, writing today
about the various parties' cycling policies in the Guardian
Bike Blog (link is external), points out, that equates to £1.18
per person a year, which is a drop on current levels of
spending.

Labour says it would seek inspiration from towns and cities in
Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands to draw up a healthy
streets programme to improve air quality and encourage people
to walk or cycle.

It aims to double the number of cycling journeys made by both
adults and children through building 5,000 kilometres of
cycleways as well as ensuring that there are safe routes to
walk or cycle to 10,000 primary schools throughout the country.

Free Bikeability lessons would be extended to all primary school
children and their parents, and money would be made available
for more secondary school students and adults to benefit frok
cycle training.

Other policies include grants to buy e-bikes and making bicycles
affordable for all.

The party's leader, Jeremy Corbyn, said: "I love walking and
cycling so I'm proud of the policies we've announced today to
give millions of people the freedom to walk and cycle along
convenient, attractive routes, safe from traffic danger.

"These policies will slash carbon emissions, tackle air
pollution, save our NHS billions and boost our high streets by
making towns and city centres more pleasant.

"Our plans will transform opportunities so that travelling
actively and healthily is an option for the many, not just the
bold and fearless."

https://road.cc/content/news/269151-...ngland-cycling

Only a dickhead and or a cyclist would vote Labour.

Same thing.

!!!!!

MISTER Pounder thinks all bicyclists are dickheads.
I take that as a ompl;iment, coming from HIM.

I can see that, but you agreed with something else there as well! ;-)

I said nothing about how I vote or how MISTER Pounder says I will
vote. I normally just write what I think on the ballot paper and
throw it in.

You are a pig **** thick cyclist and that is all you ever will be. A
failure, a prat on a silly bicycle, a dickhead ............

Ooh oh! What compliments! I am ecstatic with joy that you pass me these
honours!
But you did leave out the bit about me being a putrescent mass and a
walking vomit. I am sooo disappointed
I love my bicycle and its practicality.

Old December 5th 19, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default Not about cycling, just insults

On 05/12/2019 04:13, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
On Wed, 04 Dec 2019 12:07:00 GMT, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

[Huge Snip]

You are a pig **** thick cyclist and that is all you ever will be. A
failure, a prat on a silly bicycle, a dickhead ............

And you, it seems, will never learn to snip, or avoid over-
generalisations. Get rational!

I took it as a great compliment. Especially as it comes from HIM.
Old December 5th 19, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 05/12/2019 05:50, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
On Wed, 04 Dec 2019 12:07:00 GMT, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

[Huge Snip]

You are a pig **** thick cyclist and that is all you ever will be. A
failure, a prat on a silly bicycle, a dickhead ............

And you, it seems, will never learn to snip, or avoid over-
generalisations. Get rational!

You are a pig **** thick cyclist and that is all you ever will be. A
failure, a prat on a silly bicycle, a dickhead ............

Now please ejaculate to me the further excellent honours of being
astench, a revulsion, and a big suck on a sour lemon?
Oh the wonders of using a bicycle for basic transport - fresh air, wind
in hair, delightful company, joy of living ---
Old December 5th 19, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 05/12/2019 06:47, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 9:21:49 AM UTC, Peter Keller wrote:

I said nothing about how I vote or how MISTER Pounder says I will vote.
I normally just write what I think on the ballot paper and throw it in.

You can't vote in the UK elections anyway.

True.
I describe what I do in elections where I am allowed to vote.
Old December 5th 19, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 05/12/2019 07:52, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 9:21:49 AM UTC, Peter Keller wrote:

I said nothing about how I vote or how MISTER Pounder says I will
vote. I normally just write what I think on the ballot paper and
throw it in.

You can't vote in the UK elections anyway.

Why is that?

Bunno. Must be some obscure rule against it. Perhaps because I once
looked the wrong way at Boris or something.
Old December 5th 19, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 05/12/2019 08:21, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 6:52:38 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 9:21:49 AM UTC, Peter Keller wrote:

I said nothing about how I vote or how MISTER Pounder says I will
vote. I normally just write what I think on the ballot paper and
throw it in.

You can't vote in the UK elections anyway.

Why is that?

He lives in New Zealand and is not a UK citizen.

Oh! You might have a point there ...
Old December 5th 19, 10:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

wrote:

I said nothing about how I vote or how MISTER Pounder says I will
vote. I normally just write what I think on the ballot paper and
throw it in.

You can't vote in the UK elections anyway.

Why is that?

He lives in New Zealand and is not a UK citizen.

Understood. Is he as stupid as those Australians?
ES is playing up, thus posting from nntp.aioe

I am a squeaking rat, a mistake of nature and a heavy-metal bagpipe player.

Ken pledges £19.7m for cycling in London Tony Raven[_2_] UK 8 November 22nd 07 08:24 PM
Cycling England Tom Crispin UK 2 April 13th 07 11:03 PM
Photos and Movies: Hawaii, Day 4 - cycling the most active volcano in the world steephill Rides 3 January 23rd 06 11:29 PM
What are the best,most active cycling discussion forums on the net? Gary UK 1 October 24th 05 09:14 AM
Head tube angle/increased fork travel Alan McClure Mountain Biking 3 June 27th 03 01:28 AM