The self entitlement of motorists never ceases to amaze.

Old December 11th 19, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default The self entitlement of motorists never ceases to amaze.

On Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 8:23:49 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 8:15:35 PM UTC, TMS320 wrote:
On 11/12/2019 18:04, Simon Jester wrote:

What if you are using a phone to play music or audiobooks through the
stereo? How is changing tracks on a phone any different from changing
radio station?

A radio station is changed using the up/down buttons on the steering
wheel and the eyes are only needed to confirm the selected station.

Though the rule is about physical interaction. Casting it through the
dashboard is not physical interaction. It is distracting but probably
less so than holding the device.

I do not have a mobile phone and my Garmin Nuvicam has voice control. The car radio can be controlled through the steering wheel buttons.

I must be in a radio blackpot here in deepest Lincolnshire as my car DAB signal drops out in several spots around here and my daughter's phone Sat Nav took her to a dead end lane one mile away when she visited here for the first time.

There must be a fault with GPS phones as three workmen have ended up at the same remote location after using their phones as a Sat Navs, instead of a proper instrument like my Garmin which finds my house with ease.
Old December 11th 19, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 8:15:35 PM UTC, TMS320 wrote:
On 11/12/2019 18:04, Simon Jester wrote:

What if you are using a phone to play music or audiobooks through the
stereo? How is changing tracks on a phone any different from changing
radio station?

A radio station is changed using the up/down buttons on the steering
wheel and the eyes are only needed to confirm the selected station.

Though the rule is about physical interaction. Casting it through the
dashboard is not physical interaction. It is distracting but probably
less so than holding the device.

When I drive alone I listen to audiobooks. I use a MP3 player instead of a phone. How is it legal to change audiobooks in stationary traffic on a MP3 player but not a phone? If the audiobooks still came on CD's I would be legally changing a CD.

Old December 12th 19, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot[_3_]

On 11/12/2019 22:26, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 8:15:35 PM UTC, TMS320 wrote:
On 11/12/2019 18:04, Simon Jester wrote:

What if you are using a phone to play music or audiobooks through
the stereo? How is changing tracks on a phone any different from
changing radio station?

A radio station is changed using the up/down buttons on the
steering wheel and the eyes are only needed to confirm the selected
station.

Though the rule is about physical interaction. Casting it through
the dashboard is not physical interaction. It is distracting but
probably less so than holding the device.

When I drive alone I listen to audiobooks. I use a MP3 player instead
of a phone. How is it legal to change audiobooks in stationary
traffic on a MP3 player but not a phone? If the audiobooks still came
on CD's I would be legally changing a CD.

Errmmm...cos it is...?