Stratford crash: Three injured after car mounts pavement in eastLondon

Old December 15th 19, 07:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Stratford crash: Three injured after car mounts pavement in eastLondon

A woman and two men have been injured after a car mounted the pavement
outside an east London shopping centre.

The car crashed into the three pedestrians and a traffic light on Great
Eastern Road outside Stratford Shopping Centre just before 9am on Saturday.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a4313591.html
--
Bod
Old December 15th 19, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Sunday, December 15, 2019 at 6:47:29 AM UTC, Bod wrote:
A woman and two men have been injured after a car mounted the pavement
outside an east London shopping centre.

The car crashed into the three pedestrians and a traffic light on Great
Eastern Road outside Stratford Shopping Centre just before 9am on Saturday.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a4313591.html
--
Bod

Clearly it was just 'A momentary lapse of concentration' and therefore not the driver's fault. Or possible the driver had a medical emergency or had to swerve to avoid an unlit cyclist.
Strange isn't it that all cyclists ride constantly on pavements yet rarely hurt anyone and motorists never intentionally drive on the pavement but these sort of things happen every day.
Old December 15th 19, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Sunday, December 15, 2019 at 6:47:29 AM UTC, Bod wrote:
A woman and two men have been injured after a car mounted the pavement
outside an east London shopping centre.

The car crashed into the three pedestrians and a traffic light on Great
Eastern Road outside Stratford Shopping Centre just before 9am on Saturday.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a4313591.html
--
Bod

Blinded by the Moon?
Old December 15th 19, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 15/12/2019 17:34, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, December 15, 2019 at 6:47:29 AM UTC, Bod wrote:
A woman and two men have been injured after a car mounted the pavement
outside an east London shopping centre.

The car crashed into the three pedestrians and a traffic light on Great
Eastern Road outside Stratford Shopping Centre just before 9am on Saturday.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a4313591.html
--
Bod

Clearly it was just 'A momentary lapse of concentration' and therefore not the driver's fault. Or possible the driver had a medical emergency or had to swerve to avoid an unlit cyclist.
Strange isn't it that all cyclists ride constantly on pavements yet rarely hurt anyone and motorists never intentionally drive on the pavement but these sort of things happen every day.

Also cars driving into houses seem to occur fairly regularly in the

news. Some end up embedded in the brickwork.

--
Bod
Old December 15th 19, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 15/12/2019 18:09, Simon Mason wrote:
On Sunday, December 15, 2019 at 6:47:29 AM UTC, Bod wrote:
A woman and two men have been injured after a car mounted the pavement
outside an east London shopping centre.

The car crashed into the three pedestrians and a traffic light on Great
Eastern Road outside Stratford Shopping Centre just before 9am on Saturday.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a4313591.html
--
Bod

Blinded by the Moon?

"I only had the phone held to my ear for 30 secs, Officer".

--
Bod
Old December 15th 19, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Bod wrote:
On 15/12/2019 18:09, Simon Mason wrote:
On Sunday, December 15, 2019 at 6:47:29 AM UTC, Bod wrote:
A woman and two men have been injured after a car mounted the
pavement outside an east London shopping centre.

The car crashed into the three pedestrians and a traffic light on
Great Eastern Road outside Stratford Shopping Centre just before
9am on Saturday.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a4313591.html
--
Bod

Blinded by the Moon?

"I only had the phone held to my ear for 30 secs, Officer".

Sez the man who has admitted to driving at 120mph and admits to not wearing
a seatbelt.

Old December 15th 19, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Sunday, December 15, 2019 at 8:35:12 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Bod wrote:
On 15/12/2019 18:09, Simon Mason wrote:
On Sunday, December 15, 2019 at 6:47:29 AM UTC, Bod wrote:
A woman and two men have been injured after a car mounted the
pavement outside an east London shopping centre.

The car crashed into the three pedestrians and a traffic light on
Great Eastern Road outside Stratford Shopping Centre just before
9am on Saturday.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a4313591.html
--
Bod

Blinded by the Moon?

"I only had the phone held to my ear for 30 secs, Officer".

Sez the man who has admitted to driving at 120mph and admits to not wearing
a seatbelt.

I have driven at 140mph on the A9 in Germany.
Old December 16th 19, 12:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 15/12/2019 17:34, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, December 15, 2019 at 6:47:29 AM UTC, Bod wrote:
A woman and two men have been injured after a car mounted the pavement
outside an east London shopping centre.

The car crashed into the three pedestrians and a traffic light on Great
Eastern Road outside Stratford Shopping Centre just before 9am on Saturday.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a4313591.html
--
Bod

Clearly it was just 'A momentary lapse of concentration' and therefore not the driver's fault. Or possible the driver had a medical emergency or had to swerve to avoid an unlit cyclist.
Strange isn't it that all cyclists ride constantly on pavements yet rarely hurt anyone and motorists never intentionally drive on the pavement but these sort of things happen every day.

Don't you "think" it would be better to wait and hear the facts of the case?

Or don't they matter?
Old December 16th 19, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 15/12/2019 23:48, JNugent wrote:
[...]

I see that the car stopped at the scene, a cyclist would have scuttled
off (to make the post on topic)
Old December 16th 19, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 15/12/2019 20:34, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Bod wrote:
On 15/12/2019 18:09, Simon Mason wrote:
On Sunday, December 15, 2019 at 6:47:29 AM UTC, Bod wrote:
A woman and two men have been injured after a car mounted the
pavement outside an east London shopping centre.

The car crashed into the three pedestrians and a traffic light on
Great Eastern Road outside Stratford Shopping Centre just before
9am on Saturday.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a4313591.html
--
Bod

Blinded by the Moon?

"I only had the phone held to my ear for 30 secs, Officer".

Sez the man who has admitted to driving at 120mph and admits to not wearing
a seatbelt.

Now you're making something up. I have worn a seat belt for as long

as I can remember. I didn't wear one before it was legal though.
You're mistaking me for Peter Hucker.

As for driving at 120mph when on an empty motorway section, yes I used
to do that years ago, but now the most I do is 90mph because if caught
it means an instant ban from driving if doing a 100mph or more.
I certainly have never held a phone to my ear like you were done for it.

--
Bod