Slap on the wrist for pavement cyclist that mowed down pedestrian

Old December 14th 13, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Slap on the wrist for pavement cyclist that mowed down pedestrian

A CYCLIST who smashed into a woman on the pavement, causing
life-threatening head injuries, has avoided jail.

Jason Hurrell, 23, of Mansell Close, Leigh, was sentenced to four months
in jail, suspended for eighteen months, on Friday after crashing into
Olivia George on the pavement of Marine Parade, Southend.

Miss George had to undergo several operations and spent several weeks in
hospital after the crash, which happened earlier this year

I hope his fridge freezer insurance was up to date, she deserves plenty
of compo.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/1087... nt/?ref=var_0
Old December 19th 13, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

On 14/12/2013 16:07, Mrcheerful wrote:
A CYCLIST who smashed into a woman on the pavement, causing
life-threatening head injuries, has avoided jail.

Jason Hurrell, 23, of Mansell Close, Leigh, was sentenced to four months
in jail, suspended for eighteen months, on Friday after crashing into
Olivia George on the pavement of Marine Parade, Southend.

Miss George had to undergo several operations and spent several weeks in
hospital after the crash, which happened earlier this year

I hope his fridge freezer insurance was up to date, she deserves plenty
of compo.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/1087... nt/?ref=var_0

Avoided jail, just like most motorists do when causing similar injuries.

The fact that cyclists are such a low risk that our insurance can be
given away with out household insurance really bugs you people doesn't
it? ;-)
Old December 19th 13, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 19/12/2013 10:04, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:
[...]

Who are 'you people' ?
Old December 19th 13, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 19/12/2013 10:04, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:
On 14/12/2013 16:07, Mrcheerful wrote:
A CYCLIST who smashed into a woman on the pavement, causing
life-threatening head injuries, has avoided jail.

Jason Hurrell, 23, of Mansell Close, Leigh, was sentenced to four months
in jail, suspended for eighteen months, on Friday after crashing into
Olivia George on the pavement of Marine Parade, Southend.

Miss George had to undergo several operations and spent several weeks in
hospital after the crash, which happened earlier this year

I hope his fridge freezer insurance was up to date, she deserves plenty
of compo.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/1087... nt/?ref=var_0

Avoided jail, just like most motorists do when causing similar injuries.

can you point to a similar case? a case where a driver has driven at
speed along a pavement and run someone down, causing severe injuries.

Old December 19th 13, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian Robertson[_13_]

On 19/12/2013 10:06, Mrcheerful wrote:
[...]

Well, stupid trolls would sum people like you up generally.
Old December 19th 13, 11:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

On 19/12/2013 10:16, Mrcheerful wrote:
[...]

Did I say, "just like motorists do when driving down the pavement"?
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that I said, "just like most
motorists do when causing similar injuries".
Old December 19th 13, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 19/12/2013 10:26, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:
[...]

So, no then, you cannot.
Old December 19th 13, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ian Watkins

On 19/12/2013 11:32, Mrcheerful wrote:
[...]

Cannot what? What are you talking about?

Old December 19th 13, 02:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 19/12/2013 12:01, Ian Watkins wrote:
[...]

Point to a similar case, but involving a car driven on a pavement at
speed, mowing down a pedestrian, causing them serious injuries and the
driver just getting a slap on the wrist.
Old December 19th 13, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_5_]

On 19/12/2013 13:15, Mrcheerful wrote:
[...]

On the other hand, I just realised what a stupid **** I am. Sorry Brian.
I am as thick as pig **** not to notice that you didn't suggest that
motorists drive along the pavement. (They just park on it and force
vulnerable people out onto the road where their friends can kill them
instead)