What happened to BentRiderOnline?

Old July 23rd 04, 06:40 PM
Arne

Default What happened to BentRiderOnline?

Finally, a truthful admission..
..
Arne, USA
..
..

yes i am a slob, and once again i am alright with it.

Old July 23rd 04, 09:40 PM
Edward Dolan

"Slugger" wrote in message
[...]
what is so stimulating about punctuation, and some grumpy old fart
getting ****y about it? it would be stimulating if your politics
actually held water but your talking out yer ass, and you are
completely brainwashed. Not to mention, you insult everyone on this
board. who cares about you ed. your a prick to everyone.who cares.
maybe if you're a nice guy it would be forgivable but your not so swell.

Slugger

Slugger is the one who is showing contempt for the group by not writing
better. If he were a total moron, he could be forgiven, but he knows better
and does it on purpose. I leave it to the readers of this newsgroup as to
who is being insulting.

I take some pains with my posts because I do have respect for the readers
(however few). It is just the most common courtesy I can think of and the
fact that slugger doesn't see it that way speaks volumes about him. Like I
said, he is a slob and should be treated as such by all and sundry. Let him
stew in his own juice.

The day I see a proper post from him, that is the day I will began to treat
him as a human being and not a slob.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old July 23rd 04, 09:47 PM
Edward Dolan

"Arne" wrote in message
Finally, a truthful admission..
.
Arne, USA
.
.

Slugger wrote:

yes i am a slob, and once again i am alright with it.

Now if we could just get Arne to post at the bottom instead of posting at
the top like he always does, this guy by the name of Ed Dolan would be one
happy camper.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old July 24th 04, 10:09 AM
Slugger

In article , Edward Dolan
wrote:

"Slugger" wrote in message
[...]
what is so stimulating about punctuation, and some grumpy old fart
getting ****y about it? it would be stimulating if your politics
actually held water but your talking out yer ass, and you are
completely brainwashed. Not to mention, you insult everyone on this
board. who cares about you ed. your a prick to everyone.who cares.
maybe if you're a nice guy it would be forgivable but your not so swell.

Slugger

Slugger is the one who is showing contempt for the group by not writing
better. If he were a total moron, he could be forgiven, but he knows better
and does it on purpose. I leave it to the readers of this newsgroup as to
who is being insulting.

does anyone take this personally when i omit a capital to **** off ed?

didn't think so.

I take some pains with my posts because I do have respect for the readers
(however few). It is just the most common courtesy I can think of and the
fact that slugger doesn't see it that way speaks volumes about him. Like I
said, he is a slob and should be treated as such by all and sundry. Let him
stew in his own juice.

blah blah..more ed dolan drivel.

The day I see a proper post from him, that is the day I will began to treat
him as a human being and not a slob.

yeah 'cause incorrect spelling or omitting a capital by accident is
worthy of insults. it was an accident the first time but since you
can't control your urges to be the worlds biggest spelling nazi, it has
been to spite you. and so now its just fun. good ole fun.
woops i forgot a period

You define Troll ed dolan.
Old July 24th 04, 11:58 PM
Edward Dolan

"Slugger" wrote in message
In article , Edward Dolan
wrote:

[...]
The day I see a proper post from him, that is the day I will began to

treat
him as a human being and not a slob.

yeah 'cause incorrect spelling or omitting a capital by accident is
worthy of insults. it was an accident the first time but since you
can't control your urges to be the worlds biggest spelling nazi, it has
been to spite you. and so now its just fun. good ole fun.
woops i forgot a period

You define Troll ed dolan.

And slugger not so long ago was saying how sorry he was to be responding to
my posts because they were off-topic. But what is he doing here except
precisely what he apologized for?

But what I have against slugger is not that he is off-topic with me, but
that he is such an idiot. He says he is just doing what he is doing to annoy
me, but I for one would like to see a single post from him that is well
written and with the right amount of editing. I do not think he is capable
of it. He has dumbed himself down to where he can no longer claim to be
educated and/or have any learning (except a certain rudimentary learning
about computers of course). He is pitiful and pathetic. I feel I should put
him out of his misery and administer a coup de grace, but like him I am
having too much fun.

Maybe someone else on this group could take pity on him and tell him where
to get off? I do not want to be accused of inflicting cruel and unusual
punishment.

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old July 25th 04, 04:41 AM
Slugger

In article , Edward Dolan
wrote:

"Slugger" wrote in message
In article , Edward Dolan
wrote:

[...]
[...]

ooooo..............a domineering ex-librarian with a penchant for
structured usenet posts! i have three letters for you: H-O-T!!!
Old July 25th 04, 04:45 AM
Slugger

In article , Edward Dolan
wrote:

"Mark Leuck" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

Mark said if I had a DVD burner it would only take about 10 discs, but I
know it is going to take at least 50 discs with my regular CD burner -

and
it is going to take me all day to do it too. How do I get myself into

these
revolting situations!

Yea it would take time away from posting here, what a shame

Here is how you should have written it:

Yes, it would take time away from posting here. What a shame!

I will put my posts up against yours any old day of the week as to which are
the more interesting and entertaining to the newsgroup.

yeah ed !! great idea!! lets have a posting comp!

first prize is a swift kick in the head from everyone in the group.
Old August 1st 04, 02:56 PM
Sticker Jim

"MLB" wrote in message
.136...
"Edward Dolan" wrote in
:

"Larry Varney" wrote in message
I've heard from a couple of people that they've been having
problems
getting in. I'm not sure what the common denominator is. I'm using
Mozilla (on Linux), but I haven't updated it lately. I wonder if
that's a clue? If everyone who is having problems, did they recently
make some changes to their browser and/or computer in general?
I do think that 'waiting for 127.0.0.1 may be a smoking gun as
well.

John Rooker wrote:
Chris,

I'm having the same problem. I use Mozilla as well. I did a bunch
of updates on Mozilla apps, Thunderbird, Firefox and Moz 1.7 and
then discovered the problem with BROL. I have another PC that I
did not update and it's going fine. When I try to access BROL, it
says "Waiting for 127.0.0.1 which is weird...that's Localhost..

chrisbacon wrote:

Thanks for the replies, the problem is obviously on my end. I
started using Mozilla instead of MS Internet Explorer, but even
MSIE just sits there with the status Opening page
http://www.bentrideronline.com/Vol5.4/cover.htm

I'll figure it out.

Chris

Why is anyone using Mozilla when everyone else in the world is using
Microsoft IE? Even Netscape creates problems that I don't get on IE. I
would be interested in hearing what it is that you don't like about
IE. It seems fast but is sometimes a bit unstable when you pile up too
many web sites. What am I missing?

Guess you missed that nationwide call from computer experts that "it's
time to switch" of IE due to the proliferation of more complex bugs
every month. The latest security problem is MAJOR and not to be ignored.
You have been warned.

Additionally, I think last month was the first time MS market share of O/S's
and internet apps has dropped worldwide, as mentioned, due to the constant
barrage of bugs and exploits in the MS software. This was mentioned in an
article on Slashdot IIRC. Anyway, there are a growing number of browsers
out there that offer more options and flexibility than IE does. I have
Netscape, Firefox, Deepnet and IE installed. I use whichever one suits my
fancy at the time but IE is getting less and less usage. I had no problem
bring up BRO on any of the browsers though.