Traffic tantrum: another one for Howard's collection

Old November 28th 04, 09:51 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default Traffic tantrum: another one for Howard's collection

http://www.thisisguernsey.com/code/s...ticleID=012225

Jimmy Carling, 17, was sideswiped outside the Grammar School and then
threatened by the driver.

He made no attempt to help the youngster up off the road and accused
him of cycling through a red light. The man snatched up Jimmy’s bike
and, when asked to leave it alone, threw it to the ground and kicked
the broken saddle across the road.

The driver left no contact details after Thursday’s incident and is
now being sought by police.

[rest snipped]

Big man, running down a 17-year-old. Might have scratched the paint on
his Lard-Rover, he was taking a real risk there.

Bolt croppers...

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old November 28th 04, 09:56 AM
Paul - xxx

Just zis Guy, you know? vaguely muttered something like ...

Big man, running down a 17-year-old. Might have scratched the paint on
his Lard-Rover, he was taking a real risk there.

"Then he pulled alongside me, revved three times loudly and drove into me
and my bike went from under me.’"

Attempted Murder, IMHO.

Bolt croppers...

Rusty, old, blunt bolt-croppers ...

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules !!!

Old November 28th 04, 10:34 AM
Tony Raven

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
http://www.thisisguernsey.com/code/s...ticleID=012225

Jimmy Carling, 17, was sideswiped outside the Grammar School and then
threatened by the driver.

He made no attempt to help the youngster up off the road and accused
him of cycling through a red light. The man snatched up Jimmy’s bike
and, when asked to leave it alone, threw it to the ground and kicked
the broken saddle across the road.

The driver left no contact details after Thursday’s incident and is
now being sought by police.

[rest snipped]

Big man, running down a 17-year-old. Might have scratched the paint on
his Lard-Rover, he was taking a real risk there.

Bolt croppers...

Guy

Sounds like the cyclist's SMIDSY was the trigger - "The Land Rover
appeared suddenly in the left-hand lane" - but still no excuse for what
followed.

Tony
Old November 28th 04, 03:50 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 10:34:20 +0000, Tony Raven
wrote in message :

Sounds like the cyclist's SMIDSY was the trigger - "The Land Rover
appeared suddenly in the left-hand lane" - but still no excuse for what
followed.

I have little doubt that if the ****wit is caught the court will
consider the provocation as some kind of mitigation. As far as I am
concerned anybody who is prepared to commit a potentially lethal
assault in a fit of pique is unfit to hold a driving license. Or
indeed a set of goolies, see above.

My money is on a light slap on the wrist and much righteous
indignation the part of the cager.

But the Baxter case does give some encouragement - even if the CPS did
downgrade the prosecution. They claim they didn't, but the court said
the maximum sentence for the charge brought was five years, whereas
GBH carries a potential life term.

In this case I think the charge should be assault causing actual
bodily harm. But I bet it will be some paltry motoring offence.

Old November 28th 04, 08:00 PM
Sue White

"Just zis Guy, you know?" whizzed past me shouting

In this case I think the charge should be assault causing actual
bodily harm. But I bet it will be some paltry motoring offence.

What a moton!

He's committed "Leaving the Scene" in addition to everything else
(police resent that because of the extra bother it gives them, so they
will make the effort to find him) - and he's done it on Guernsey!

What are his chances of disappearing into the vast anonymity of St Peter
Port?

--
Sue ]

Old November 28th 04, 10:00 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 20:00:44 +0000, Sue White
wrote in message :

What are his chances of disappearing into the vast anonymity of St Peter
Port?

Probably thinks he's safe because that Jim Bergerac is clearing up
mass murders in the Home Counties these days.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Trotwood OH Cyclist Wins Traffic Ticket Appeal [email protected] Social Issues 1 December 6th 04 12:21 PM
Road or Sidewalk? K-Man General 74 June 19th 04 12:26 AM
The way to break out of the pro-car, anti-car debate? DRS Australia 73 June 2nd 04 12:58 PM
Hasty generalizations of the day Kerry Nikolaisen General 16 October 6th 03 12:39 PM