Watch out, there's a thief about.

Old October 17th 11, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]

Default Watch out, there's a thief about.

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:22:45 +0100, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

Jesus... My barber charges £6 a cut, I reckon to be generous giving
him 16.7% tip.

There's a barber in Fleet Street that charges £7 for a dry cut, that
is blinding value if you ask me.

Guy
--
Guy Chapman, http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
The usenet price promise: all opinions are guaranteed
Old October 17th 11, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 17:16:00 +0100, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

The only time I have commented about a pupils I have taught, and that
pupil has been identifable was after one of my former students was
sent down for murder.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2346963.ece

That must be really strange.

Guy
Old October 17th 11, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

wrote:

Jesus... My barber charges 6 a cut, I reckon to be generous giving
him 16.7% tip.

There's a barber in Fleet Street that charges 7 for a dry cut, that
is blinding value if you ask me.

Guy
--
Guy Chapman,http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
The usenet price promise: all opinions are guaranteed
to be worth at least what you paid for them.

Ours is usually 6-20, but I usually tip him 20 quid at Christmas as he
works bloody hard.
He lives 10 miles away from his shop but always cycles in, unless he
runs in as he is also a decent marathon runner.

I always turn up outside his door at 0830 even though he does not open
until 0900. I would prefer to sit on his step for 30 minutes and get
first chair rather than get there at 0900 and find 3 or 4 blokes
already there. As soon as I sat down today, the 4 seats behind me were
quickly filled so I always save at least an hour in time by arriving
first. Although one bloke was completely bald, so I was not sure what
he was doing there, maybe a quick spit and polish?

--
Simon Mason
Old October 17th 11, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 02:46:01 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
wrote:

snip

As I was up at 0500 today, I walked there and arrived at 0830.
It is about six miles away and I enjoyed seeing everyone scuttling off
to work and school.
Since he did such a good job, I bunged him 20 quid.

My word - you are well off. That's more than three hour's work isn't it?

Isn't it odd how cyclists seem to want to tell everyone how much they have
spent on this thing or that thing.

I guess it is some sort of insecurity complex.

--
Simple Simon Mason - who cycles at 25mph in 20mph limits just because the limits do not apply to cyclists.
This includes exceeding the speed limit past three schools. A total disregard for the well-being of vulnerable road users.

Old October 17th 11, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 08:35:44 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
wrote:

snip

My company shares had gone up 20p this morning meaning that I had made
around 1800 quid in the time it took me to walk there, so I was
feeling flush.

The share price has crept up slightly since the costs to them of their
environmental disaster are now not going to be as high as they first seemed.
They have a long way to go to get back to pre-disaster price. I am surprised
Simple has not told us how much the disaster cost him personally. He seems to
forget that others have an interest in BP's shares and performance :-) Still if
they are doing well, they will be able to let people **** about on the internet
all day instead of working.

It is odd how cyclists have to tell us about their material matters.

Perhaps it is some sort of insecurity.

Old October 17th 11, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:58:15 +0100, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

snip

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/...book_1_3879205

--
Simon Mason

those comments looked like the naked truth.

I see that : "Last week a teacher at Westcott Primary School in Hull was
suspended after she branded locals "thick" and "inbred".

Outrageous - there will no doubt be another next week when a teacher tells the
class that Hull is one of the most socially deprived areas in the country.

The children must not be told the truth !!

Good old Simple - an excellent own goal.

Old October 17th 11, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 04:53:43 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
wrote:

snip

Oops.
Forgot the Sennheiser IE8 earpieces - 200 quid, but as they are not
white

I wonder why so many of the psycholists here have to tell us how much they have spent on this thing or that thing.

I think it must be some sort of insecurity.

Old October 17th 11, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster

wrote:

snip

My company shares had gone up 20p this morning meaning that I had made
around 1800 quid in the time it took me to walk there, so I was
feeling flush.

The share price has crept up slightly since the costs to them of their
environmental disaster are now not going to be as high as they first seemed.
They have a long way to go to get back to pre-disaster price. I am surprised
Simple has not told us how much the disaster cost him personally.

A pocket calculator would tell you.

If rise of 20p made him £1,800, a fall of 358p would have lost him
£32,220.

Old October 17th 11, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

wrote:

snip

My company shares had gone up 20p this morning meaning that I had made
around 1800 quid in the time it took me to walk there, so I was
feeling flush.

The share price has crept up slightly since the costs to them of their
environmental disaster are now not going to be as high as they first seemed.
They have a long way to go to get back to pre-disaster price. I am surprised
Simple has not told us how much the disaster cost him personally.

A pocket calculator would tell you.

If rise of 20p made him £1,800, a fall of 358p would have lost him
£32,220.

Bugger - you are not playing fair at all.

He really did not want to know that :-)

Old October 18th 11, 02:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 19:06:36 +0100, Judith wrote:

It is odd how cyclists have to tell us about their material matters.

Liar.
It is odd how *some* cyclists have to tell us about their material
matters.

--

snip

--