Your avg. ride length or time?

Old September 24th 03, 02:42 AM
Destroy

Default Your avg. ride length or time?

Just curious what your usual average ride duration or length is? I'm
guessing most ppl have a local trail or route that you've done many many
times over just cause its either convenient or a local trail to ride
after work. You know, the common ride you do between the more epic 'main
event' planned weekend rides.

Sunlight is cutting my normal rides shorter but on a normal ride after
work if I'm in a challenging mood or short on time I simply do my usual
'loop' of only 6.1 miles in about 41 min..(This is a very hilly, winding
and rocky loop.) If I'm more adventurous and have more time I end up
doing lots of side trail goofing around with 12-15 miles or 1.5 to 2 hrs
of riding.

Old September 24th 03, 03:02 AM
John Morgan

1.5 - 2 hours for a regular local ride.

1 hour if it's above 100 degrees.

-John Morgan

Old September 24th 03, 03:59 AM
BB

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 01:42:38 GMT, Destroy wrote:

Usually a couple of hours. If I'm doing something near the house just for
the workout, about an hour. Miles don't mean a whole lot, since some miles
are faster than others - usually somewhere between 8 and 20.

--
-BB-
To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
Old September 24th 03, 10:05 AM
Westie

"Destroy" wrote in message
Just curious what your usual average ride duration or length is? I'm
guessing most ppl have a local trail or route that you've done many many
times over just cause its either convenient or a local trail to ride
after work. You know, the common ride you do between the more epic 'main
event' planned weekend rides.

Sunlight is cutting my normal rides shorter but on a normal ride after
work if I'm in a challenging mood or short on time I simply do my usual
'loop' of only 6.1 miles in about 41 min..(This is a very hilly, winding
and rocky loop.) If I'm more adventurous and have more time I end up
doing lots of side trail goofing around with 12-15 miles or 1.5 to 2 hrs
of riding.

I have a couple of 'local' trails. If time (ie. a part day) is short I can
do a quick ride in an hour by doing only a small part of the trail and
taking the bike to the trailhead by vehicle. But normally I'd ride this in
1 1/2 - 2hours and it's an easy 28km with almost half of that on tarmac.
Plenty of options to make it longer or take more time if I want it.

If I've got a whole day to myself I'll try to do a minimum 2-3 hour ride,
probably more. Depends on the geography but covering 40km off-road
certainly isn't unusual. Once in a blue moon I'll do 80km on/off-road
roads. Kilometres aren't always a good way to measure it. It depends on
the terrain and elevation covered.
--
Westie

Old September 24th 03, 10:11 AM
Mr Soul

"Destroy" wrote in message
Just curious what your usual average ride duration or length is? I'm
guessing most ppl have a local trail or route that you've done many many
times over just cause its either convenient or a local trail to ride
after work. You know, the common ride you do between the more epic 'main
event' planned weekend rides.

Sunlight is cutting my normal rides shorter but on a normal ride after
work if I'm in a challenging mood or short on time I simply do my usual
'loop' of only 6.1 miles in about 41 min..(This is a very hilly, winding
and rocky loop.) If I'm more adventurous and have more time I end up
doing lots of side trail goofing around with 12-15 miles or 1.5 to 2 hrs
of riding.

mostly i ride about 1.5-2h

my local trail is somewhere around 50km ti 22km road to get to the trail and
to come back home and 28km mostly offroad and singletracks

--
Greetings, Mr Soul

Old September 24th 03, 04:34 PM
MattB

"Destroy" wrote in message
Just curious what your usual average ride duration or length is? I'm
guessing most ppl have a local trail or route that you've done many many
times over just cause its either convenient or a local trail to ride
after work. You know, the common ride you do between the more epic 'main
event' planned weekend rides.

Sunlight is cutting my normal rides shorter but on a normal ride after
work if I'm in a challenging mood or short on time I simply do my usual
'loop' of only 6.1 miles in about 41 min..(This is a very hilly, winding
and rocky loop.) If I'm more adventurous and have more time I end up
doing lots of side trail goofing around with 12-15 miles or 1.5 to 2 hrs
of riding.

Usually a couple of hours. Some shorter, and if I have the day off without
commitments (rare these days) I'll ride all day (5 to 8 hours). Distances
vary from about 10 Miles to 40.

Matt

Old September 24th 03, 04:45 PM
Penny S

"Destroy" wrote in message
Just curious what your usual average ride duration or length is? I'm
guessing most ppl have a local trail or route that you've done many
many times over just cause its either convenient or a local trail to
ride after work. You know, the common ride you do between the more
epic 'main event' planned weekend rides.

the local loops average 8-15 miles, with some add ons that you can do for
longer rides. Ride time totally depends on what loop you choose... I can do
12 miles are Riverside in about an hour 15, mostly flattish singletrack . At
Beacon I can ride for 2 hours and only do 8 miles. It's much more technical
and up and down, and more of a work out.

Penny

Old September 24th 03, 04:59 PM
Pete Jones

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 01:42:38 GMT, Destroy blathered:

Just curious what your usual average ride duration or length is?

Two to three months.

Pete
----
http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/
Old September 24th 03, 08:22 PM
iddqdATworldonline.dk

Destroy wrote:

Just curious what your usual average ride duration or length is? I'm
guessing most ppl have a local trail or route that you've done many many
times over just cause its either convenient or a local trail to ride
after work. You know, the common ride you do between the more epic 'main
event' planned weekend rides.

3 hours+

Not counting the daily commuting which is like 2x20 minutes or so.

Kind regards

Bruno

Old September 24th 03, 11:04 PM
(Pete Cresswell)

RE/
You know, the common ride you do between the more epic 'main
event' planned weekend rides.

Lunch ride from work: 1-1.5 hours.

Other rides: 2.5-3 hours.
PeteCresswell