Vino to Liberty Seguros!

Old July 26th 05, 01:50 PM
J Jones

Default Vino to Liberty Seguros!

http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/...to746339.shtml

Wow - what happens to Heras, I wonder...
Jeff

Old July 26th 05, 02:15 PM
John Rees

J Jones wrote:
http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/...to746339.shtml

Wow - what happens to Heras, I wonder...
Jeff

Of course, it's mostly driven by money. But, you have to wonder why
guys go to certain teams. Some teams just don't seem to be cut out to
be multicutural. LS seems to be one of those teams. Of course, Manolo
Saiz probably likes Vino because of his style. Examples of riders on
teams they didn't/don't fit in: Salvodelli at Telekom, Sevilla
likewise. How about Beloki on that French baker boy team? For that
matter, Boonen on Postal.

Having said that, what team would you think he would fit in and find
some honest support?
Old July 26th 05, 02:36 PM
Donald Munro

John Rees wrote:
Examples of riders on teams they didn't/don't fit in:
Salvodelli at Telekom,

Dumbass,
Salvodelli belongs to a team from Kazakstan along with Deluca and Ulrich.

Old July 26th 05, 04:52 PM
Robb McLeod

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 08:50:01 -0400, "J Jones"
wrote:

http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/...to746339.shtml

Wow - what happens to Heras, I wonder...

As long as they define Heras as the captain for the Vuelta and Vino
the leader for the Tour, I don't see a problem.

--
Robb McLeod )
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops.
Old July 26th 05, 05:20 PM
Morten Reippuert Knudsen

John Rees wrote:

Of course, it's mostly driven by money. But, you have to wonder why
guys go to certain teams. Some teams just don't seem to be cut out to
be multicutural. LS seems to be one of those teams.

?? What nationalty do you think Jalabert and Zuelle had? If any Once
was the team where a forrigner could be _the_ leader.

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :-) http://blog.reippuert.dk

PowerMac G5: 1.6GHz, 1.25GB RAM, 300+300GB SATA, 8xDVD+/-RW, Bluetooth
mus + tastatur, R9600PRO, iSight, eyeTV200 & LaCie Photon18Vision TFT
Old July 26th 05, 05:38 PM
DepartFictif

Although LS doesn't appear to be multi cultural, remember that it is
pretty much the same gang as at ONCE... ONCE had a lot of foreign
riders who seemed to fit in well and who liked the team. Perhaps that
can come around again. Don't forget Alan Davis is on the team, Neil
Stephens is involved in the running of it, rumor has it that some
Japanese company may come on as co-sponsor... and I hear they are
hoping to sign many other foreign riders... there's no reason why he
shouldn't fit in. However.. in what team will Vino really get
support.. does his style of racing need support? Or is he more suited
to riding for and by himself...?

Old July 26th 05, 07:58 PM
RJG

"DepartFictif" wrote in message
oups.com...
Although LS doesn't appear to be multi cultural, remember that it is
pretty much the same gang as at ONCE... ONCE had a lot of foreign
riders who seemed to fit in well and who liked the team. Perhaps that
can come around again. Don't forget Alan Davis is on the team, Neil
Stephens is involved in the running of it, rumor has it that some
Japanese company may come on as co-sponsor... and I hear they are
hoping to sign many other foreign riders... there's no reason why he
shouldn't fit in. However.. in what team will Vino really get
support.. does his style of racing need support? Or is he more suited
to riding for and by himself...?

....and ultimately fighting it out for fifth place

Did Vino Know? [email protected] Racing 58 July 29th 05 04:29 AM
latest news :Vino is heading for Liberty Seguros Ramirez Racing 14 July 28th 05 04:00 PM
Vino to CA Ewoud Dronkert Racing 23 July 22nd 05 12:19 AM
Vino Loses More than 5:18 Today Frank Drackman Racing 3 July 13th 05 09:16 PM
you people are gay MagillaGorilla Racing 282 December 7th 04 08:06 PM