Take the Lane

Old May 10th 19, 02:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default Take the Lane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKYWqa2gvKw

The above Video states that it is the results of a study to determine
the effects of "taking the lane" See the small print below the
"movie". Click on "Show More" to read the entire post.

I should point out that the comments, apparently by bicyclists,
universally condemned the "study", for varied reasons. None of which,
I might add, attempted to provide any proof that the study was wrong.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old May 10th 19, 03:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Thursday, May 9, 2019 at 6:53:27 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKYWqa2gvKw

The above Video states that it is the results of a study to determine
the effects of "taking the lane" See the small print below the
"movie". Click on "Show More" to read the entire post.

I should point out that the comments, apparently by bicyclists,
universally condemned the "study", for varied reasons. None of which,
I might add, attempted to provide any proof that the study was wrong.
--
cheers,

John B.

That was not a study and what would make you think it was? Had the rider been to the far left of the lane which is not taking the lane the results would have been the same or worse.

Assembling a series of car-bike accident videos quite plainly showing that the motorists were guilty in every instance was designed ONLY to dissuade bicycling and not to study cause and effect.
Old May 10th 19, 03:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Thursday, May 9, 2019 at 8:08:59 PM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, May 9, 2019 at 9:53:27 PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKYWqa2gvKw

The above Video states that it is the results of a study to determine
the effects of "taking the lane" See the small print below the
"movie". Click on "Show More" to read the entire post.

I should point out that the comments, apparently by bicyclists,
universally condemned the "study", for varied reasons. None of which,
I might add, attempted to provide any proof that the study was wrong.
--
cheers,

John B.

From what I saw it looked like a number of those bicyclists in that short video simply rode into cars.

Cheers

The various cameras available do not properly demonstrate closing speeds. Are you suggesting that bicyclists feel the need to be run over?