Altercation With a Car *pictures*

Old July 15th 08, 05:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Seager

Default Altercation With a Car *pictures*

johnfoss wrote:
Wow, glad you were not injured worse! That must have been scary. Sounds
like Rubix did not have a full understanding of what happened, but you
also didn't give much detail on the traffic situation when it occurred.
Maybe there's something we can learn from this so it doesn't happen to
others? From your description you're crossing a busy major street. Is
this at a light where you have the green? What's with all these cars
you have to dodge around? Sounds very scary.

If you were not at an intersection and/or did not have a green light
you were even luckier. I'd love to hear more about it so we can add it
to our database of "known" unicycle-car accidents...

I'd like to second this request. Was there no intersection or traffic
lights around? It sounds like a unicycle version of frogger - glad
you're OK.

--
Seager

'The GreyMatter Jugglers' (http://www.greymatterjugglers.com) | 'Team
RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com) | 'Unexpected Failure
Productions' (http://www.unexpectedfailure.com) | 'Moab'
(http://tinyurl.com/9fxuv)
Old July 15th 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Yes, unfortunately it sounds like they were crossing against traffic; in
effect creating a hazard for cars that had the right of way. If that's
the case, that raises the "lucky" score waaaay up there! Quite a scary
experience from any angle, and definitely something other unicyclists
could learn from if you care to tell more about the story.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"
Old July 15th 08, 07:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Buddy

My mom has asked me not to post anymore specific details at this time as
she's having to deal with insurance and legal stuff.

--
Buddy

Leah "The Buddy"

how i miss my old account...
Old July 15th 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

Buddy wrote:
My mom has asked me not to post anymore specific details at this time as
she's having to deal with insurance and legal stuff.

Smart advice.

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in
Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland
*James* = my name | 'Myspace' (http://www.myspace.com/clawsout)
Old July 15th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Totally understandable. Anything you say here can and will be used
against you by insurance companies, future employers and potential
spouses.

Also anything I wrote earlier is only guessing, and has no basis in
fact.

Old July 16th 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Panotaker

Leah, sorry to hear about your accident. I rode with you last week. I am
Ralph, the new coker rider. I wasn't sure who you where since I am still
trying to learn everybody's name, but I recognized your sneakers from
the picture, so I know who you are now. Get well soon. In the mean
time, you can practice your one foot riding now.

--
Panotaker
Old July 16th 08, 01:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
lpounds

Wow! Like someone said, you just explained my worst fear while riding a
36. Hope this doesn't discourage you from riding after, but by the
sounds of it, it won't.

--
lpounds

'Levi' (http://tinyurl.com/6l5fmr)
'Photos'
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/25192939@N06/)
'Unicycle' (http://youtube.com/watch?v=P7MiIYTE5Yo)
'Juggle'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=7-q-VOaDB7M&feature=related)
'EGG'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=3y-Zwr3-i4k&feature=related)

Altercation With a Car *pictures* phlegm Unicycling 2 July 15th 08 04:58 PM
Altercation With a Car *pictures* skrobo Unicycling 1 July 15th 08 06:39 AM
Any Pictures Of the... UniDudeDX Unicycling 11 October 7th 07 04:32 PM
Pictures Jørn Dahl-Stamnes Racing 2 May 8th 06 04:49 AM
pictures mfrobert Unicycling 7 January 5th 05 02:23 PM