yet another "Danielson building form" article

Old June 2nd 09, 05:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bar

Default yet another "Danielson building form" article

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...n09/jun02news2

seriously, now i'm thinking they write these articles about burrito
boy just to taunt me ...
Old June 2nd 09, 06:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ronaldo_jeremiah

On Jun 2, 11:11*am, bar wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...n09/jun02news2

seriously, now i'm thinking they write these articles about burrito
boy just to taunt me ...

Dumbass -

The Danielson lovefest is pretty ridiculous. He's got even less
potential than Taylor Phinney.

-rj, infected by giardia
Old June 3rd 09, 01:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Scott" wrote in message

I read the first few lines of that article but couldn't bring myself
to read it in its entirety. First thing I thought was that contenders
don't build form by finishing in the autobus. To get ready for the
TdF, I figured he'd need to be duking it out at the sharp end of
things for at least a portion of the harder stages.

Somewhere I'd gotten the idea that you were a racer but that comment
certainly shows you're not.

Old June 3rd 09, 03:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jun 2, 5:04*pm, Scott wrote:
On Jun 2, 10:11*am, bar wrote:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...n09/jun02news2

seriously, now i'm thinking they write these articles about burrito
boy just to taunt me ...

I read the first few lines of that article but couldn't bring myself
to read it in its entirety. *First thing I thought was that contenders
don't build form by finishing in the autobus. *To get ready for the
TdF, I figured he'd need to be duking it out at the sharp end of
things for at least a portion of the harder stages.

You're plain wrong. He is a contender. Just not the kind you're
thinking of. He's vying for a bottle boy position on the Garmin TdF
squad. Seriously.
-DA74
Old June 3rd 09, 05:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Chris Mogridge

On Jun 2, 9:16*pm, wrote:
On Jun 2, 5:04*pm, Scott wrote:

On Jun 2, 10:11*am, bar wrote:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...n09/jun02news2

seriously, now i'm thinking they write these articles about burrito
boy just to taunt me ...

I read the first few lines of that article but couldn't bring myself
to read it in its entirety. *First thing I thought was that contenders
don't build form by finishing in the autobus. *To get ready for the
TdF, I figured he'd need to be duking it out at the sharp end of
things for at least a portion of the harder stages.

You're plain wrong. He is a contender. Just not the kind you're
thinking of. He's vying for a bottle boy position on the Garmin TdF
squad. Seriously.
-DA74

He doesn't seem like he has lived up to his potential, although what
else is he going to say to the press when they ask him about his
horrible form...

Speaking of contender's, does anyone remember when Paul and Phil were
touting Hincapie as the heir apparent to Armstrong to win Le Tour
while it was on? They should be ashamed!

-cwm-mercurybikes.com
Old June 3rd 09, 09:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

davidastor74 wrote:
You're plain wrong. He is a contender. Just not the kind you're thinking
of. He's vying for a bottle boy position on the Garmin TdF squad.
Seriously.

Or Lanterne Rouge contenda.

Old June 3rd 09, 09:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

Tom Kunich wrote:
Somewhere I'd gotten the idea that you were a racer but that comment
certainly shows you're not.

You're right, he does sub-threshold "efforts".

Old June 3rd 09, 05:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"bar" wrote in message
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...n09/jun02news2

seriously, now i'm thinking they write these articles about burrito
boy just to taunt me ...

From the article-
'The American thus focused on working for his team and rebuilding his
form. "I worked hard for the team," he continued. "I gave my all in the
team time trial and then I gave my all in the sprint stages for Tyler
[Farrar], so I was just really happy to be here doing that stuff. At the
end of the race I was told I could go up the climbs a little bit faster
so I just went at my own pace trying to build form for the future."

You guys got it all wrong. Danielson may be a great rider being held
back by a (series of) bad DS. It's so obvious in that last sentence. "I
was told I could go up the climbs a little bit faster (so I did)..."

So the question is, why have his various DSs not been telling him to go
faster? This is sounding more and more like a conspiracy than an issue
with Danielson's capabilities.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old June 3rd 09, 05:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jun 3, 12:18*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
You guys got it all wrong. Danielson may be a great rider being held
back by a (series of) bad DS. It's so obvious in that last sentence. "I
was told I could go up the climbs a little bit faster (so I did)..."

So the question is, why have his various DSs not been telling him to go
faster? This is sounding more and more like a conspiracy than an issue
with Danielson's capabilities.

Conspiracy for sure. That horrid DS Bruyneel must have held Danielson
back terribly. And then further torpedoed TD's career by declining to
resign him for USPS/Disco/Astana.