The dream is back

Old October 1st 04, 10:10 PM
Edward Dolan

"Larry Varney" wrote in message
[...]
Yeah, sometimes it's better to find a group that's already known to be
involved in an interest, sort of specialized. One last thing, though, that
may or may not provide you with a reason to check out Mensa: some of the
most interesting and attractive women I've ever met have been at Mensa
functions.

See, I told you this old guy (Larry Varney of Kentucky) who looks like Santa
Claus and is basically a repellent creature thinks himself a lady's man. But
he does not like them his own age. He likes them young and nubile and
scantily clothed

The only question I have is what are any women doing in Mensa if a high IQ
is required for entrance. As is well known, women do not have high IQ's.
They have many other qualities of course, but a high IQ is not one of them.
Is it possible that randy old goats like Varney have suckered these no doubt
very stupid women into joining Mensa for purposes other than intellectual
stimulation?

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old October 1st 04, 10:21 PM
Perry Butler

Ed,

This is not a research paper. This is Usenet! You're the only one anal
retentive enough to care. In some Usenet groups they would say, "I cld cr
lss." Ed, you're mind is apparently too old to accept new ways.

Perry B

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

"Perry Butler" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

There is almost always a right way to do something and a wrong way to

do
something. Most of this we learned in grade school, but some of us
apparently grow up thinking we know more than the wisdom of the ages -
which we were taught in school. It is really only extremely stupid

people
who do not do the most simple things the right way. Putting a period
after
the middle initial of your name is a total no brainer.

I am surprised that you as a teacher do not value the correct way of
doing
something. Do you tell your computer students that it is OK to learn

the
computer anyway they want, or are some ways of learning about the
computer
better than other ways. If the former is true, then you are teaching
under
false pretenses. If the latter is true, then you are doing your job

that
you
are being paid to do.

Ed

There are many effective ways to accomplish the same result on the
computer.
I am open-minded enough to let students choose the way that works best

for
them.

Maybe so, but it has got to work. Not putting a period after the middle
initial of your name does not work - unless your middle name is just a
single letter, in which case you would not have to place a period after

it.
How many people do you know that have just a single
letter for their middle name?

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old October 1st 04, 10:27 PM
Perry Butler

Ed,

If this group had a "*******" party you would be the only one to show up.

Perry B

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message
On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 11:49:47 GMT, "Perry Butler"
wrote:

Ed, Aren't you the one with Irritable Bowel Syndrome?

Or is it irritating ******* syndrome?

Guy knows all about *******s since he is one. He has kill filed me, but he
will read what this other idiot Perry Butler of Alexandria, Minnesota has

say without knowing what preceded it in my words.That in my book is the

true
hallmark of a *******. These two should get together and have a *******
party. I can think of a few others of a similar nature from ARBR they

could
invite to the party too.

--
****ing Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old October 1st 04, 10:28 PM
Edward Dolan

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

Like I said, it is me that has kept this thread going and it sure as hell
has nothing to do with you.

a) That's not quite what you said before;

If you want me to make a comment on what was said before, then you have to
include that part of the message in your post. You don't think I am stupid
enough to look up nonsense do you. Please learn how to edit.

b) since your last post was in response to one of mine, it clearly /does/
have something to do with me.

You are a very minor player in this drama that is taking place here on ARBR.
I am the main interest here and almost the sole interest. You should feel
honored that I am even deigning to notice you, let alone answer you.

But we aren't really getting any place are we? It is always my way to answer
nothing with nothing. Why should I exert myself when you clearly are not.

Another clear logic failure, another eurovisionnul points/eurovision
for brains on Planet Ed.

When substance disappears from messages, then only a fool would persist in
trying to make any sense. But I highly recommend Larry Varney for your
consideration. Jon Meinecke is another fool to be found here on ARBR who
dearly loves to talk about absolutely nothing at all. You should be right at
home with those two fools.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old October 1st 04, 10:39 PM
Edward Dolan

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message
On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 08:12:13 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote in message :

Like I said, it's a pity you never get around to posting any of the
interesting things you claim to say...

Like I said, it is me that has kept this thread going

A case in point.

Guy is well advised to be a man of few words, because when he uses many
words it is a disaster for him. But he seldom attempts to wax eloquent. For
that, the rest of us can be grateful.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old October 1st 04, 11:19 PM
Edward Dolan

"Perry Butler" wrote in message
Ed,

This is not a research paper. This is Usenet! You're the only one anal
retentive enough to care. In some Usenet groups they would say, "I cld
cr
lss." Ed, you're mind is apparently too old to accept new ways.

Perry B

You may be right about that Perry. I am a man of the printed book, not the
computer. I love to read and I like to look at well written words on the
page for their own sake whether they make any sense or not. I mean, I just
plain like the look of words correctly spelled and properly used.

All this computer crap is going to be the death of me. I simply can't stand
how sloppy everything looks. It is like going back to grade school when you
first made the acquaintance of words, how they are to be spelled and how
they are to be used. To read Usenet is to regress to childhood.

What has happened with the computer and Usenet and other forums is that
people are writing now who would never have written anything in their lives
formerly. Maybe that is a good thing as even bad writing is perhaps better
than no writing at all. But it is really such a simple thing to do things
right that I cannot understand why anyone would purposely do things wrong.

Your example above is interesting. I will never bother with such trashy
writing. I will never accept it. I will stay with the old ways.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old October 1st 04, 11:22 PM
Mark Leuck

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

Don't worry tho [though], that Bell amp you have is still worthless

Oh ye of the absent periods, why is anyone buying these tube amplifiers

when
transistors work so much better? As always, you do not have sense enough

provide any information that is implied by a statement. Or is it always
necessary to point blank ask a question to get some useful information out
of you, oh ye of the absent periods.

I did previously reply why some still choose tubes oh ye who doesn't read
messages well

Old October 1st 04, 11:23 PM
Mark Leuck

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Mark Leuck wrote:
It's worthless however tube amps are still around, some claim they

sound
warmer than transistors, I imagine those same people spend time in
newsgroups being annoying...

The tubes vs. transistor discussions are similar in character to
discussions on OSS vs. USS, bike path vs. vehicular cycling, Shimano vs.
Campagnolo, etc.

But surely tube amplifiers are strictly high end by now. I do not see them
at all at Best Buy, Radio Shack and other similar outlets for high

fidelity
stereo gear.

If you think Best Buy and Radio Shack are outlets for high fidelity then you
are clueless

Old October 1st 04, 11:29 PM
Mark Leuck

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

Uh it was because of the lower priced transistors and IC's that brought
the
price down enough to create a demand for mass marketing

Nope, it was the mass DEMAND for these products that caused the

innovations
which in turn created the mass market and bought the price down via mass
production. Elementary my dear Watson!

Chicken vs Egg, if the price isn't lower there will be little demand

Because of less expensive components, look at the price of processors 10
years ago compared to today, they were mass produced then as they are

now
yet are cheaper and more powerful

You want to talk about components, but the average person does not give a
tinker's damn about components. They are buying computers, not components.

Last I checked those computers did have components in them, the average
person may not give a damn about them but they did have to pay for them

And that is what I am talking about - computers, not components. It is
irrelevant what is making computers cheaper and better. The fact is that
computers are cheaper now than they have ever been and they are better now
then they have ever been.

If a computer was one "thing" then you would be correct, instead it is a
compilation of many items and because those many items are now cheaper and
more integrated you have a cheaper "thing"

Without the mass demand creating the mass market creating the mass
production, none of this would be possible. Ever notice how the service
industries never get any cheaper? Have a plumber or an electrician come

over
to your house to fix some little thing and you will regret it because they
want $40. an hour just to show up (if and when they ever do). Apparently,
there is no mass production possible with plumbers and electricians.

If plumbers and electricians were mass produced they might become cheaper,
as it is they aren't

I think if you are willing to pay over a thousand dollars for a
computer now that you would get just about the top of the line. I

notice
the
local Wal-Mart does not even carry any computers that expensive.

Mass production of PC's has been happening for 20+ years now, and

Wal-Mart
is a low end marketer hence they won't carry expensive computers

But why would a home user even want a high end computer when a low end
computer will do everything he wants and then some.

Because a low end computer won't do everything people want and then some

Try playing a game called Doom 3 and you'll understand
Try searching a massive database and you'll understand
Try creating a complex 3d Autocad drawing and you'll understand

Post endlessly in newsgroups and get email and you'll never understand

Has been for 2 years now

It will be interesting to see how 50" screen HD televisions are going

price out at for purposes of a mass market. I am guessing that the

price
will have to fall to around $500. for most of us to get one. Has anyone

but
me noticed how cheap regular 27" TV's have gotten lately? I also notice

flat
screens are getting cheaper and cheaper too. However, thin panel flat
screens seem to be still expensive. Frankly, I like the old CRT's much
better than the new LCD's. Am I crazy or what?

Yes you are crazy

I set up these little throw away remarks so others here can pretend to

have
some wit. And the witless ones fall for it everytime! They are just so
predictable.

Yet you still do it, wierd

Old October 1st 04, 11:33 PM
Edward Dolan

"Perry Butler" wrote in message
Ed,

If this group had a "*******" party you would be the only one to show up.

My message below was all about the propriety of commenting on someone else's
post when you have kill filed that person and are therefore only reading a
small part of the conversation, maybe only a sentence or phrase. The
question for you is how do you feel about that. Do you think it is fair. Is
it honest.

You have not kill filed me so of course you are perfectly free to comment on
anything I write. But Guy is not. He has kill filed me so he is out of the
loop. This was always the only thing I had against Cletus Lee and some
others here also. What do you think?

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

wrote:

Ed, Aren't you the one with Irritable Bowel Syndrome?

Or is it irritating ******* syndrome?

Guy knows all about *******s since he is one. He has kill filed me, but
he
will read what this other idiot Perry Butler of Alexandria, Minnesota has

say without knowing what preceded it in my words.That in my book is the

true
hallmark of a *******. These two should get together and have a *******
party. I can think of a few others of a similar nature from ARBR they

could
invite to the party too.

--
****ing Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

switching back from a touring derailleur to road... Sheldon Brown Techniques 3 July 21st 04 02:52 PM
RR: There and Back. Shaun Rimmer Mountain Biking 32 February 21st 04 07:38 PM
exercises for back Matthew General 6 December 15th 03 08:55 PM
Lower back exercises for out of the saddle road climbing Doug Racing 12 October 12th 03 05:09 PM
Lower back pains Jiyang Chen General 7 July 28th 03 01:10 PM