Which pedals: nylon or metal?

Old August 17th 03, 06:18 PM

Default Which pedals: nylon or metal?

On 17 Aug 2003 00:38:45 -0700, (Joe Samangitak)
wrote:

Help me decide on nylon/plastic or metal alloy pedals. My older bike
had metal pedals and my newer bike, a Mongoose hybrid, came with these
newer Wellgo nylon pedals; like in the picture below:

http://harriscyclery.net/site/page.c...=49&SKU=PD1037

Both pedals are of comparable design. Some of the pro's and cons I see
between the two a nylon pedal lighter (which is good), doesn't spin
as easily (which is good), but the teeth will wear out faster than the
metal one (however, its cheap to replace). Only advantage I can see to
using the metal pedal instead is that the teeth don't wear down.
Between these two, which would generally be considered the better
pedal?

I just tested this. Wellgo plastic pedals are a bit slippery if any
water or lubricant gets on your shoes or pedals. I switched to Odyssey
metal pedals, they are great. Go with metal.