Bike Shop in New York City

Old October 26th 04, 05:28 PM
Francisco

Default Bike Shop in New York City

Hi all,
A friend of mine is going to New York City next week, and is planning to
buy (and bring) a bike. (FS, around 1000-1500 US$).
Can anyone recommend Bike Shops in New York City?

Thanks, and best regards from Portugal
Francisco

Old October 26th 04, 07:07 PM
Carla A-G

"Francisco" wrote in message
Hi all,
A friend of mine is going to New York City next week, and is planning to
buy (and bring) a bike. (FS, around 1000-1500 US$).
Can anyone recommend Bike Shops in New York City?

Thanks, and best regards from Portugal
Francisco

Do a search for bike shops + new york city. There are plenty listed there.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old October 26th 04, 08:45 PM
kantspel

Can anyone recommend Bike Shops in New York City?

Do a search for bike shops + new york city. There are plenty listed there.

A list is hardly a recommendation tho
Old October 26th 04, 09:07 PM
Ride-A-Lot

Francisco wrote:
Hi all,
A friend of mine is going to New York City next week, and is planning to
buy (and bring) a bike. (FS, around 1000-1500 US$).
Can anyone recommend Bike Shops in New York City?

Thanks, and best regards from Portugal
Francisco

http://www.racycles.com

There in Brooklyn, so you'll need to take a taxi or subway from Manhattan.

Don't forget you'll have to pay NY sales tax (8%), the airline charge
for bringing a bike on board ($75), and whatever import duties your
country may impose (it would be hard to sneak a bike in).

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old October 27th 04, 02:52 PM
supabonbon

Ride-A-Lot wrote in message ...
Francisco wrote:
Hi all,
A friend of mine is going to New York City next week, and is planning to
buy (and bring) a bike. (FS, around 1000-1500 US$).
Can anyone recommend Bike Shops in New York City?

Thanks, and best regards from Portugal
Francisco

http://www.racycles.com

There in Brooklyn, so you'll need to take a taxi or subway from Manhattan.

Don't forget you'll have to pay NY sales tax (8%), the airline charge
for bringing a bike on board ($75), and whatever import duties your
country may impose (it would be hard to sneak a bike in).

R&A is the best for eyeballing the high-end goodies, but they
specialize in road and tri stuff. They've got x-country mtb's, but
it's not really their forte.

A lot of shops specialize in different types of bikes. Sid's on 34th
Street (http://sidsbikes.com/site/intro.cfm)is pretty good all around
-- good selection of mtb stuff, the staff are all bike geeks, the dog
(Captain?) is perhaps the earth's most perfect being. If I remember
correctly, brands include Rocky Mountain, Spec, Cannondale, Bianchi.

If you're looking for more freeride or urban stuff and you're willing
to venture into Brooklyn (highly recommended), Bay Ridge Bikes
(http://www.bayridgebikes.com/) has a lot of bomber stuff. There's
also Racer's Edge which is sorta out there in the Rockaways. I haven't
been by, but the owner, Gerald, is the best wrench I know. I don't
think he has a site up yet, but you can find out more (and get
addresses to more shops) at
http://www.brooklynbikeriders.com/BBR_index.html.

/s
Old October 28th 04, 10:59 AM
Francisco

Can anyone recommend Bike Shops in New York City?
Do a search for bike shops + new york city. There are plenty listed

there.
A list is hardly a recommendation tho

True! I had already googled for it. Thanks anyway

Old October 28th 04, 11:05 AM
Francisco

Francisco wrote:
Can anyone recommend Bike Shops in New York City?

http://www.racycles.com

....There in Brooklyn, so you'll need to take a taxi or subway from

Manhattan.
http://www.brooklynbikeriders.com/BBR_index.html.

/s

Thank you both supabonbon and Ride-A-Lot.
All the information was precious.
BTW, The bike he's looking for is an all-round FS (Stumpjumper FS, NRS2,
Kikapu Deluxe, Fuel 90.....)

I'll post any news when he come back
Thanks again
Francisco