Is this cool, or am I a fool?

Old August 17th 04, 11:24 AM
Marx SS

Default Is this cool, or am I a fool?

Thanks suzy. I'll check it out.

My dad's bike has heaps of detailing on the frame which made me pull it
out from under the crap he had in the garage.
It's one very much like this one (pic from Camberra musium site) except
it's blue/violet & white, still way scratched & faded but.

[image:
http://canberrabicyclemuseum.com.au/...0Bike%20M.jpg]

I suppose next time I'm up & their place I better get some tyres for it
& do a lap of the block before I make a decision.
I was thinking that it couldn't be harder than riding my MTB on a big
road ride (150kms+ in one sitting big for me).

I'll post pix if I go ahead with it.....

--
Marx SS

Old August 17th 04, 11:32 AM
pauly999

I reckon it would be extra cool.
:cool

--
pauly999

Old August 18th 04, 01:05 AM
eddiec

We must be sharing Dads Mine has a very similar bike which he ha
similarly modified...

Only difference is while his has derailleur mounting points, it runs
three speed sturmey archer.

Intrigued me for a while and I looked into resurrecting it as a retr
commuter, but just couldn't get used to the heavy feeling wheels an
slow handling - but I'm still intrigued in it. Am currently getting hi
to peek at that website and if he tells me what it is I'll let you al
know. I know it's from the 1950s sometime, so it could be a
interesting restore job somewhere down the track.

Eddie (who looked slightly confused when Dad mentioned something abou
'cotter pins'!

--
eddiec