Fotos of Mark Zahn on Apex treacherous technical

Old September 3rd 06, 12:26 PM posted to alt.music.rush,alt.movies.spielberg,alt.mountain-bike,alt.fan.clint-eastwood,alt.fan.elvis-presley

Default Fotos of Mark Zahn on Apex treacherous technical

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/p...d=3&photo=2288

That's me coming back down, just at the beginning of mean fast
downhill. I'm surprised at how many women are riding this trail and not
having a problem with technical. One was 53 years old.

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/p...d=3&photo=2287

Right where this guy is going up and about to turn, is a wicked patch
of rocks that is a switchback and you cannot hit this slow and won't,
at this point at the trail you are flying and if you slow down too much
the rocks will flip you into a face plant

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/p...d=3&photo=2289

Wicked rock section and blinding sun (I thought I could get the shot
and make it turn out)

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/p...d=3&photo=2290

This girl was from Europe, I couldn't even pronounce her bike name and
I never saw anything like it before. She had no problem mastering this
wicked rock section which many stop & hike-a-bike, what the picture
does not show is that this is a high speed section where you are at
20MPH, and as you can see by the photo you cannot see what's coming
because the trail weaves back & forth & around very tight corners, yet
you have to be moving fast to clear the rocks, otherwise they flip you
into a face plant - extreme abilitys in perception and accurate
adaptation in split seconds, this girl whipped it, as did 4 others that
day

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/p...d=3&photo=2291

The uniqueness of Apex, ruthless rock gardens on ruthless narrow turns
mixed in with waterlogs and jumps and hills, all on narrow trail that
is at most 4 feet wide

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/p...d=3&photo=2292

This further depicts why Apex is so popular, a rock
garden-switchback-hill-turn-waterlog all in one damn spot and you at
this point on the trail are hauling some ass! right after you clear
this it immediately cuts to the left very sharp, then back to the right
and drops down

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/p...d=3&photo=2293

Right after this it drops severely to the left onto a waterlog and
you're moving quite fast unless you're severely in pansy mode or just
not skilled

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/p...d=3&photo=2295

This is a buzz coming down because it's like the rocks never end, it's
actually quite scary even if you've done it before, and it's on a turn,
and waterlogs are mixed in, although the rocks are congruent, and also
descend

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/p...d=3&photo=2296

One going down the long rock section with waterlogs & tight turn

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/p...d=3&photo=2297

Pict of me going down a average section, towel in hand due to sweat, my
glasses constantly need to be wiped off. Although you cannot make out
my face, you can note the baseball hate claps across my forehead

Old September 3rd 06, 08:08 PM posted to alt.music.rush,alt.movies.spielberg,alt.mountain-bike,alt.fan.clint-eastwood,alt.fan.elvis-presley
Len Tropy

On 3 Sep 2006 04:26:18 -0700, wrote:

you can note the baseball hate claps across my forehead

I thought you only hated Jews...