WTF? Team being reasonable about past doping?

Old May 23rd 07, 11:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default WTF? Team being reasonable about past doping?

from http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...ay07/may23news

"Henn retired after testing positive for testosterone which he
attributed to an Italian herbal remedy he was using to help increase
his fertility. Following his retirement, Henn said it became clear
that "if I ever get another job in cycling, then only without doping."

Despite the admission, Gerolsteiner team manger Hans-Michael Holczer
said Henn would not lose his job with the team. "There are two
possibilities: I can either keep Christian Henn on, or I can suspend
or fire him," Holczer told netzeitung.de. "The latter would support
the 'cartel of silence', as they say, and that is something that we
don't want. We stand for a new era in cycling...."
--
JT
****************************
Old May 23rd 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Curtis L. Russell

On Wed, 23 May 2007 06:44:40 -0400, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:

Despite the admission, Gerolsteiner team manger Hans-Michael Holczer
said Henn would not lose his job with the team. "There are two
possibilities: I can either keep Christian Henn on, or I can suspend
or fire him," Holczer told netzeitung.de. "The latter would support
the 'cartel of silence', as they say, and that is something that we
don't want. We stand for a new era in cycling...."

Two possibilities:

1. Keep him
2. Suspend him
3. Fire him

No wonder cycling is in such sad shape. The people in charge can't
count to three.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...