Who's up for the Vuelta ?

Old July 25th 05, 03:08 PM
Keith

Default Who's up for the Vuelta ?

I hope there are real champs this year, I'm concerned that if Heras
who barely finished the TDF wins again by beating Floyd "Mr invisble"
Landis that race is going to be discredited for ever ! Hopefully
Ullrich will go and kick some butt over there like he did in 1999.
Old July 25th 05, 03:29 PM
Tom Kunich

(Editor's Note: No matter how hard we try, idiots still manage to post
nonsense.)

Old July 25th 05, 04:57 PM
Jet

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:08:30 GMT, Keith wrote:

I hope there are real champs this year, I'm concerned that if Heras
who barely finished the TDF wins again by beating Floyd "Mr invisble"
Landis that race is going to be discredited for ever ! Hopefully
Ullrich will go and kick some butt over there like he did in 1999.

Heh-heh - good point, now that Jan has ridden himself into shape...

jj

Old July 25th 05, 05:13 PM
Keith

**** off

Old July 25th 05, 06:02 PM

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:08:30 GMT, Keith wrote:

I hope there are real champs this year, I'm concerned that if Heras
who barely finished the TDF wins again by beating Floyd "Mr invisble"
Landis that race is going to be discredited for ever ! Hopefully
Ullrich will go and kick some butt over there like he did in 1999.

I'd love to see that. Also, look at Mancebo, finishing 4th in the
tour. He could win the vuelta one day, but h e doesn't win stages,
that I remember anyways. If he's not all fried he could really do a
great Vuelta. I can't imagine heras being that much of threat unless
he improves dramatically. SImoni and/or Cunego both skipped the tour
and simoni has always done well in the vuelta mountains, and so could
Cunego if he's on form.
Old July 25th 05, 06:03 PM

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:57:06 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:08:30 GMT, Keith wrote:

I hope there are real champs this year, I'm concerned that if Heras
who barely finished the TDF wins again by beating Floyd "Mr invisble"
Landis that race is going to be discredited for ever ! Hopefully
Ullrich will go and kick some butt over there like he did in 1999.

Heh-heh - good point, now that Jan has ridden himself into shape...

jj

He's said he wants to win another grand tour- all that's left is the
Giro. Hit for the cycle, I say!
Old July 25th 05, 06:35 PM
Fred

wrote:

(Editor's Note: No matter how hard we try, idiots still manage to post
nonsense.)

**** off

He's talking about himself.

Old July 25th 05, 07:16 PM
Keith

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 17:35:32 GMT, "Fred" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

(Editor's Note: No matter how hard we try, idiots still manage to post
nonsense.)

**** off

He's talking about himself.

that goes for you too, idiot

Old July 25th 05, 07:44 PM
Fred

"Keith" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 17:35:32 GMT, "Fred" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

(Editor's Note: No matter how hard we try, idiots still manage to post
nonsense.)

**** off

He's talking about himself.

that goes for you too, idiot

Well aren't we jovial.

Old July 25th 05, 08:57 PM
Morten Reippuert Knudsen

Keith wrote:

I hope there are real champs this year, I'm concerned that if Heras
who barely finished the TDF wins again by beating Floyd "Mr invisble"
Landis that race is going to be discredited for ever ! Hopefully
Ullrich will go and kick some butt over there like he did in 1999.

Aitor Gonzales will torture everyone there this year. Did your se him
in Tour de Swiss? I can only think of three riders at their top level
beeing able to beat him: Ullrich, Basso and Herras. Basso won't be
there, and i doubt that Ullrich will be there either - at least not as
a GT contender, but perhaps for a week or two to prepare for the World
Championship.

Herras will make the podium next to the terminator. Sastre, Valverde
could take the last spot. If Bottero or Simoni entered they could also
make the podium. I don't think Mancebo will be there in top shape and i
doubt that Vinukurov will aim for GC. But let's see, the Vuelta is far
away and we don't even know who will enter the race. As for the
americans, neither landis or Leipheimer has what it takes to win the
Vuelta.

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :-) http://blog.reippuert.dk

PowerMac G5: 1.6GHz, 1.25GB RAM, 300+300GB SATA, 8xDVD+/-RW, Bluetooth
mus + tastatur, R9600PRO, iSight, eyeTV200 & LaCie Photon18Vision TFT